“Creative and Innovative”
Review of Pinons Restaurant

Pinons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pinons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Creative and Innovative”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

If you want deliciously creative and innovative American/Colorado cuisine, this is the place. Beautifully located on the second floor of an historic building, you can never go wrong here. The local "game" meats are wonderful. The specials are spot on. The wine list superb. The only difficulty is getting a reservation.

TIP: Make your reservations for in advance if you want to diner here.

Visited March 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Finest Dining in Aspen”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We hadn't eaten at Pinions for several years because reservations are hard to get (call Jim). It was worth the wait. Fine food. Excellent wine list. Friendly staff. Great location near everything.

Visited July 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“A great meal”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our party of six had reservations at Pinions mid-week, at 6pm. We were the first diners in the restaurant, and no one was at the desk to great us.

Everyone chose different entrees and while I didn't taste any but my own, every one said there food was excellent.

I had the Pepper Crusted Pork Tenderloin with "roasted garlic mashers, brocolini, coarse grain mustard & an apricot glaze." I ordered it medium, and in hind-sight should have ordered medium-rare, but still it was absolutely wonderful... tender and flavorful and the glaze was amazing. My wife had the Pan Seared Buffalo Tenderloin, "Espresso seared, boursin country potatoes, huckleberry sauce." She loved the tenderloin and said the potatoes were "to die for."

While the food and our waiter were good, apparently they were training a few new people - one served me the bison tenderloin instead of the pork tenderloin and another served Dover Sole instead of the Sea Bass. Our waiter saw it, and immediately apologized and switched the entrees to the correct place,

We like to explore new restaurants, but this is one we will probably return to.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Wy0Traveller
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Go for buffalo steak!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have been twice to this restaurant, and it never disappointed us. I am sorry to admit, but both times I had buffalo steak :) First time just out of curiosity, the second because I knew it is going to be great! The service is attentive, wine selection satisfactory, the place is looking good. Not toto fancy, not too old fashioned, nor modern. Something in between to suit all tastes. Same as the menu. I think that everybody is going to find something to love and a reason to come back to this restaurant.

PS: only disappointing experience was making reservation. The gentleman on the phone line promised to call back and confirm the reservation, but it was us who had to call back :(

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Fantastic food in nice setting.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Great ambience with even better food. Expected a steak house atmosphere, but very contemporary setting with a diverse menu. My wife had a tofu burrito that was delicious. I had the pepper pork that was succulent. The mushroom soup and salad were good. The homemade sorbet was light and refreshing. Excellent chocolate martini.So far my favorite in Aspen.

Visited March 2014