“Like the new menu”

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cantina is a lively Mexican restaurant serving traditional and TexMex food in the Aspen area. Our menu offers everything from enchiladas, carnitas and carne asada to ceviche and wings. All of our food is fresh and prepared in-house daily, and we have daily specials that are always a favorite. We also have a fun happy hour atmosphere, with great drink and food specials. One of the most unique things about Cantina is that we serve our own infused tequila, and have the widest selection of tequila in the area. With the largest seating capacity of any restaurant in Aspen and with four distinct rooms, Cantina is a great place to host your event. We host everything from weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, college and employee events, to Superbowl and New Year’s Eve parties. We can accommodate groups up to 334 people, and have a custom-made dance floor with audio/video facilities for you to enjoy. For the sports lovers, we have plenty of HD televisions and a giant HD screen, so we’re always showing the game.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had lunch here today. The skirt steak, side of grilled corn, potato taquitos, and 'caprese' salad were all delicious. Enjoyed the basil mojito as well. The manager, Aidan, was wonderful making many suggestions on what to order. Loved everything. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant several times and we always have the same experience. The food is good and the service is average to above average. However, it is very expensive for what you get. This restaurant always sets us back about $60 or so with the tip. This is for dinner for 2 adults, 2 kids meals, and 2 margaritas. The food is tasty but certainly not "authentic." If you are looking for real Mexican food at an affordable price, I would look elsewhere. And when you find that restaurant in the Aspen area, please let me know!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I decided to try El RIncon on our first day in Aspen. It turned out to be a great decision. This was the best meal we had during our time in Aspen, and it did not break the bank. The service and atmosphere are great as well. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I eat here often, as it is an easy walk from home, there is usually a table in the bar where he can catch a game, and the food is really good. With some menu updates this summer, there is a good variety for us non meat eaters, and everything tastes great. This is a fun locals place, comfortable and family oriented, as well as having great margaritas. The atmosphere is casual fun, and we have never been disappointed eating here. Great friendly staff, great prices, great times!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I normally don't like Mexican but our group wanted to go here so I went. I was surprised at the good food. The margarita was good too! We had all the chips we could eat, the guacamole was great. I had street tacos which were good. Didn't like the beans which were almost liquid, but maybe that's just me.

Everyone, including a 2 year old, enjoyed their meal.