“Fancy and delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Matsuhisa-Aspen

Matsuhisa-Aspen
Reserve with OpenTable
Matsuhisa-Aspen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$35 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Monarch
Transit: Roaring Fork Transit Authority (RFTA) has stops on either side of our location; at Paepke Park (Main St and Aspen St) as well as Galena (Main St and Galena). It is a one block walk to Matsuhisa Aspen (Main and Monarch).
Description: Matsuhisa Aspen is nestled beneath a quaint victorian house in the mountain town of Aspen Colorado and features the cuisine of world renowned chef Nobu Matsuhisa. Japanese-inspired seafood and sushi, as well as an ultra-hip scene and lively bar crowd can best describe Matsuhisa Aspen. We are a continuation of Matsuhisa L.A., Nobu New York, Nobu London and may more locations around the world.
“Fancy and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My favorite restaurant in aspen! The food was incredible. I'm a vegetarian and they had several options. I ended up getting the tempura and a vegetable roll. Omg amazing! My husband got the eggplant muso and it was good, but too sweet for me. He also had two fish rolls, which he liked a lot. The service was wonderful and the ambiance was very fancy. We could watch the sushi chefs at work. We didn't make a reservation and ended up sitting at the sushi bar, which was actually pretty cool. I loved this restaurant. We ended up spending about $75 on dinner, which was for three rolls, eggplant, about ten pieces of tempura, and a large Sapporo beer. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Silicon Valley
“Great place to see and be seen, but not worth the extra $$”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The sushi is fresh and well prepared, but even the omakase left me in doubt that the restaurant is worth the premium pricing. Always a scene, so if you are looking for that side of Aspen, this is your spot, but if it's the meal itself that is most important, Aspen has other options.

Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Best sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Have enjoyed Sushi all around the country, but never, have I had sushi as wonderful as we did at Matsuhisa in Aspen. In fact, there should be another word for sushi eaten anywhere else, after enjoying dinner at Matsuhisa. The fish was fresh, texture was perfect, service superb.

• Visited July 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Family Gathering at Matsuhisa- Aspen, Colorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were a gargantuan crowd of 19 last night at Aspen's see-and-be-seen Matsu Hisu sushi restaurant. This is my second outing at one of Matushisa Nobu's restaurants in a month; a couple of weeks ago I was at Nobu 57 in New York City. The sushi and sashimi at all of his restaurants is the best quality. Period. See stylemarm.com for more Aspen, Colorado destinations and reviews.

Since we were such a large party with several age groups of kids, my sister-in-law called and pre-selected a price fixe menu for all of us. Take that tip for large groups. Here is what we had:

1. Yellow Tail Jalapeño Sashimi
2. Soft Shell Spring Rolls
3. Red Snapper
4. Crispy Rice Cubes with Spicy Tuna Sauce. (Kids loved these; like tater tots.)
5. Salmon slices
6. Beef slices
7. Spinach Salad with Dried Miso Vinaigrette
9. A selection of sushi rolls for the tables: California, Dragon Roll, and and the Crunchy Spicy Tuna Roll.

Know Before You Go-
1. Portions are small; this is not about quantity.
2. Beef and salmon really means thin slivers in a wonderful sauce
3. The sushi rolls are on the bigger scale with complex ingredient combinations

• Visited August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Bar Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My favorite place to eat sushi in Aspen. I usually like to go around 5:30 pm if I am going to get the bar menu as this is more economical. I have eaten several times in the main restaurant as well. Their food is excellent but pricey.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Matsuhisa-Aspen? Share your experiences!