“Better than Matsuhisa on many ways”
Review of Kenichi

Kenichi
Reserve with OpenTable
Kenichi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hunter Street
Transit: Most local hotels and lodges offer transportation to and from Kenichi.
Description: Kenichi serves contemporary Asian cuisine and world-class sushi in a vibrant atmosphere. In 1991, Bil Rieger and Kenichi Kanada founded Kenichi Aspen, which has since become renowned for its outstanding food and hip scene. With an exceptional reputation established, Kenichi expanded to other prominent markets including Austin, Dallas and Kona. Kenichi is built on a foundation of excellence in food& service.
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Better than Matsuhisa on many ways”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We have gone to Matsuhisa for many years. A few weeks ago our friends wanted sushi but we couldn't get into Matsuhisa so for the 1st time we went to Kenichi. We were shocked! The decor was much better than Matsuhisa as was the table arrangements. The god was just as good and done said better. I would lean towards better myself. When we return in 2 weeks we will be going here. All In a its better and easier to get a table. Also the menu was much better and included Akaushi beef which is amazing.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jerry34134

Houston, Texas
“Great sushi in Aspen”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I love Kenichi in Austin and Aspen is just as good. This week on my last day of vacation we walked in and were quickly seated at the sushi bar where James was happy to make us anything we wanted. Very nice last meal in Aspen with delicious sushi served exactly how I wanted it. Definitely stop in!

• Visited June 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I dine at Kenichi every time I visit Aspen and absolutely love it. The food is unique and delicious. The Black Cod is a must have. The staff is attentive and friendly and the atmosphere is great. It's also nice to eat at a restaurant where the staff is mindful of my dietary restrictions. I will keep coming back to this fabulous restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
Makati, Philippines
“sushi was good and grilled fish also tasty.”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

we were in aspen for a while and got tired of eating burgers and fries. so we decided to go to japanese restaurant. this bus driver on way recommended " kenichi " great sushi place. we were not too thrilled because our kids don't eat row fish. but surprisingly not only sushi but other dishes were very good. grilled fish and teriyaki chicken. d place has nice ambience. but the waiter added 20% tip without asking us. ( we are only 5 of us...! ) or he told us afterwords...

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful meal, beautiful environment!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

The sushi here is literally the best sushi I have ever had! The rolls are so unique and fresh! The staff and restaurant itself is inviting and memorable. I will for sure be going back!

• Visited February 2013