“Brautwurst....”

Ranked #61 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Sydney, Australia
“Brautwurst....”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Besides the Apple Strudel try the Brautwurst & kraut .....excellent !!! Service is always good and food is of a good quality.

London
“Coffee and lunch”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stooped for morning coffee and I had one of the Orange Muffins excellent , the coffee actually had some body to it! Decided we liked the place and would drop by for late lunch. Too much snow and to cold to sit outside, inside was busy but still places to sit and it was winding down as most people had lunch, we liked the atmosphere of the place hence going back, I had the philly steak and Mrs the chilly both were good.

• Visited January 2014
“mountain's best”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

It's the original. All other mountain restaurants
except Gwyn's in Snowmass have been taken over by the controversial Crown family of Chicago. This all wood building with great views is run by an honest staff who go out of their way to provide personal service. Access is "ski in" but will warm you up.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank snowmassbadger
WorldWide
“Best Breakfast in Aspen”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Bonnies is the best breakfast in Aspen. The oatmeal pancakes are phenomenal. Also awesome for lunch. Every thing is home made and fresh. do not miss the apple strudel

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank DogDoggie
Sag Harbor, New York
“Go to Muffin for the Strudel....Ask for Extra Whipped Cream”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

So I have a routine....for years. I start skiing Aspen Mountain soon after it opens at 9 am each day that I'm in town. By either side of 11 am I'm ready for a break. So Bonnie's it is. My angel of the morning, Muffin, originally from Maine, is already behind the counter setting up for the day. She is the doyenne of desserts, more specifically she is the gate keeper of the apple strudel, my apple strudel that I crave each and every day. She sees me coming, smiles and grabs the pan that just came out of the oven. End piece? Center piece? We debate the merits of each every day. We decide which and she cuts me a slice of the best apple strudel I have ever had. She then doles out the home made, freshly churned whipped cream. I don't care that people are staring at my morning caloric extravagance. Its my morning. Spar Gulch, Copper, Christie's, Back of Bell to the Glades to the bottom of the Ridge, Apple Strudel. It's the natural order.

• Visited December 2013