“Terrible "French" food”
Review of Rustique Bistro

Rustique Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustique Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible "French" food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first meal in Aspen. The restaurant has been recommended by a friend. Maybe the ownership has changed since she ate here. We sat outside on a Friday night and were the only customers the whole time. The bread came in a paper bag, warm, sort of cute but tasted like bad bread machine, and the butter was almost liquid, not a good health practice.

The waitress told us the two favorite items were pot-au-feu and the trout, so we ordered one of each. My pot-au-feu looked like the "Hunk of Beef" dog food I often buy, but I buy it for the dog. Weird slimey things hanging off of it, dry and stringy even though in a stew pot. The horseradish topping tasted more like plain yogurt. My husband loves trout and only ate a small amount of it because it was so bad- though I didn't taste it.

• Visited July 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent, as always”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have a tradition: every year we go to Rustique to have dinner on my wife's birthday. It never disappoints us. This year we also went there with friends at the end of June. They loved it too. One time my wife had soufflé au fromage, the other time she had the mac and cheese with truffles and of course the cones of frites both times. I had the basil crusted salmon and the other time the steak au poivre americain. The gazpacho I had in July was the best I ever had. We loved the food, the service and the ambiance. It is probably our favorite restaurant in Aspen.

• Visited July 2014
“Always disappointed. ”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here on numerous times over the years always with a group. My husband and I have tried numerous items on the menu and have always been disappointed. The service is slow and sometimes even rude. And in the winter I can never find a spot that isn't cold. Will not go back again.

1 Thank Howard H
Novato, California
“Mediocre meal in Aspen”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed to find a poor meal in Aspen at the end of a week of superior dining. Everything we ordered lacked creativity and flavor. Everyone working here seems to be going thru the motions -- uninspired like the Food.

Denver, Colorado
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went to the restaurant on the recommendation of locals and were encouraged by the fact that it was crowded. Why is a open question. We ordered specials. It arrived nice and pink in the center, but was dry and tasteless. My wife also found the resotto to be tasteless. They have a good wine list and the somelier was pleasant for the the short time he dealt with us, but our waitress seemed to be angry and delivered minimal service, never even checking if we were satisfied with our meals. There are many, much better alternatives in Aspen

• Visited June 2014