“Pleasant surprise”
Review of Rustique Bistro

Rustique Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustique Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Country French Bistro serving lunch 6 days a weel and dinner 7 days a week.
philadelphia,pa
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

though we've spent countless weeks in Aspen over the years, Somehow Rustique excaped our notice. Until this past week. My husband and I visited on a recent evening. We shared the 2 special starters- a tomato/watermelon gazpacho with crab meat and foie gras with truffled potatoes and baked peaches. Wow. both were suberb. we both had the Duck confit for entrees. and shared bananas foster for dessert. the meal was exceptional by any standards. the ambience ( we dined out doors) and the service were fine but the food really shone. Turns out there is a new chef who's been there for 4 months. It's one of the best meals we've had in aspen in a while.

Los Angeles, California
“Terrible "French" food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first meal in Aspen. The restaurant has been recommended by a friend. Maybe the ownership has changed since she ate here. We sat outside on a Friday night and were the only customers the whole time. The bread came in a paper bag, warm, sort of cute but tasted like bad bread machine, and the butter was almost liquid, not a good health practice.

The waitress told us the two favorite items were pot-au-feu and the trout, so we ordered one of each. My pot-au-feu looked like the "Hunk of Beef" dog food I often buy, but I buy it for the dog. Weird slimey things hanging off of it, dry and stringy even though in a stew pot. The horseradish topping tasted more like plain yogurt. My husband loves trout and only ate a small amount of it because it was so bad- though I didn't taste it.

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent, as always”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have a tradition: every year we go to Rustique to have dinner on my wife's birthday. It never disappoints us. This year we also went there with friends at the end of June. They loved it too. One time my wife had soufflé au fromage, the other time she had the mac and cheese with truffles and of course the cones of frites both times. I had the basil crusted salmon and the other time the steak au poivre americain. The gazpacho I had in July was the best I ever had. We loved the food, the service and the ambiance. It is probably our favorite restaurant in Aspen.

“Always disappointed. ”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here on numerous times over the years always with a group. My husband and I have tried numerous items on the menu and have always been disappointed. The service is slow and sometimes even rude. And in the winter I can never find a spot that isn't cold. Will not go back again.

1 Thank Howard H
Novato, California
“Mediocre meal in Aspen”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed to find a poor meal in Aspen at the end of a week of superior dining. Everything we ordered lacked creativity and flavor. Everyone working here seems to be going thru the motions -- uninspired like the Food.

Been to Rustique Bistro? Share your experiences!