“Great bike ride”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great bike ride”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

At the recommendation of some friends we rented bikes at Aspen Velo to ride the Rio Grande trail along the Roaring Fork River. We had bike and helmets fitted within 10 minutes of parking our car. The bike shop personnel were friendly and gave us excellent directions. The bikes were in very good condition. The trail is beautiful and we'd highly recommend it.

Aspen, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Double the price of other shops and horrible customer service. The employee/owner? spent 15 minutes on the phone being rude to someone before helping us. Then he was rude and condescending to us - even going so far as to tell us that since our daughter's bicycle did not cost 500 dollars it is not roadworthy. Our daughter is 9. Go to Basalt Bike and Ski in Basalt and ask for Joel if you want real service, quality bikes, and advice from a pro.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank coloradogirl1974
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Bike Snobs"”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Unfriendly service- overpriced and the employee waiting on us had a major attitude. Made us feel like he was doing us a favor by renting to us. " bike snobs" There are lots of bike shops around so service is what counts. Please do not rent from these guy!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank cpb1968
Little Rock, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great bikes, bad owner attitude”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I hate being negative. But.... Mike needs an intensive course in social relations. His employees appear intimidated and hesitate by his domineering and angry governance. I can feel it in the shop. One example. Last summer hurrying to get the bike back before closing, I forgot my diddy bag, which one of Mike's employees had kindly let me leave while riding. No worries, I thought. Just call with a credit card to get it shipped back home. When I called about it, I could hear Mike angrily critizing the employee who had helped me, a customer. He refused to help, so I had to make arrangements to get it back. I had been there two other times. No more.

Visited August 2012