“A little gem in Aspen”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“A little gem in Aspen”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The menu consists of about 10 choices - our group had three of them. Highly recommend the fried grouper sandwich and I am from Florida. Salads and sandwiches were monstrous especially the fried chicken sandwich. Delicious breads. Wonderful lunch spot. Cozy.. Very friendly. Great ambiance inside and out. Typically I like healthy food (and they have salads on the menu) but their fired sandwiches looked so delectable that I couldn't resist. Very interesting designer bar menu. I was disappointed in their Bloody Mary. Same menu for lunch and dinner. Two people who are moderate eaters could easily share a sandwich. Pretty good hand cut fries. I just like the ambiance so much that I was willing to overlook the things that I did not like.

Wichita
“Eat outside if you can wait!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Inside extremely noisy. Not a place for relaxing or intimite conversation. If you are under 40, you'll consider it a hot atmosphere, young and trying to be hip, like Aspen. Mega salad was excellent with many ingredients. Fish sandwich huge. Would rather have it grilled, although the breading added texture and flavor. Would never return unless I could eat outside! Not a relaxing lunch. Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
“good food good atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

we were lucky enough to have no line, no wait! great service and wonderful food! very relaxed and casual. my boyfriend had the french dip and I had the grilled chicken salad...delish!!!

Santa Ana, California
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you've been lucky enough to eat the any of Hillstone Groups restaurants, you won't be disappointed in The White House. The menu only has a few items, but every one of them is made expertly! There's usually a long wait during peak hours, but if you go late in the evening or early in the afternoon, it's not too bad (and worth every minute). The wait staff is great, especially our hostess, who went above and beyond to get our larger party seated. Delicious!

Washington DC
“warm and reasonable”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I like the interior warmth and casual atmosphere of White House Tavern. Their burgers are very good, and the salads were also worth ordering. Fries were too good- I must avoid them in future…I ordered a white wine that I didn't like- metallic taste, and it was substituted with no fuss. Very nice people seem to run the place, but service can be a little chaotic. There aren't that many good values to be had in Aspen, but White House is a place to find comfort and a relatively reasonable value. Outdoor seating is desirable in good weather.

• Visited August 2014

Been to The White House Tavern? Share your experiences!