“Fell for the reviews”

Cuisines: Italian
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Fell for the reviews”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I really really wanted to like this place, I really did. We have been around Aspen, now visitors, for decades. The reviews were great. The lady from Argentina was beyond charming; but our dinners were not so good. The wine was stale from bottles opened too long ago, and I chose not to drink my Malbec after the first sip. As I sit here typing, the fettuccini sits in my stomach like a leaden mass; not light and little flavor. C'mon really? I make a better lighter fettuccini myself! The spinach salad was wilted and drenched in balsamic vinegar. Tried a couple bites and left that aside, as well as most of the "vaunted" pasta. Maybe we just hit a bad night or ordered wrong, but we will not be returning to this restaurant.

Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“A Little Bit of Italy in The Mountains of Colorado!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Tony owns it, Tony cooks, Tony waits, Tony hosts and Tony is the cashier. Charm and sincerity infuse this small (and very hard to find even though right in downtown) eatery. With modern styling, this place is a find. The pasta is home made, the sauces home made, and the cheese cake home made - and grandma's recipe to boot. This place is moderately priced (we got out of there for less than $60 including a salad and desserts), and a real treat. If you are looking for good food, look no further. Eat in or carry out. You can't miss.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bretjina
Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Cute”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It's a cozy place with friendly staff that gave us tips on preparing the pasta. It's also right in town, so it's on the way to the main supermarket. Worth the experience and the food was really good. We could definitely taste the difference.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Fabulous Homemade Italian”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Trust me - you do not want to miss this little hole in the wall!! The owner - super great guy! He spent a ton of time talking with us and giving us samples. For lunch, I had the homemade fresh that day Beet Linguine with a Rosa and Fungi sauce. It was great. My husband had the Cheese Ravioli with the Bolognese sauce. It was SOOOO GOOD. We got a sample of his meatballs - better than my mom's version which is from my italian grandma! We also sampled the Lamb and Rosemary ravioli which melted in your mouth and we had some gnocchi with olive oil and fresh parm - sooo good! We live in Denver and happened to have a cooler with us. We were heading out that afternoon, so - we stocked up. We brought home some meatballs, ravioli's, gnocchi and bolognese sauce. The owner, packed everything up and even gave us some ice so it made it the 3 hour drive home :) Lets just say we will be eating great this week!! Prices were great - the pasta dishes we had at lunch were around $14 and it was plenty of food. I took half of the beet pasta home with me. This was a truly great experience as I am half Italian. The owner was excited to know my maiden name and to talk about Italy and my family. If you go to Aspen - this is a must on your to do list!!!

Visited July 2014
Aspen, Colorado
“pastalicious”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great hand made pasta, get cooking instructions from martin, the proprietor, as fresh pasta is quite a different cooking process than dried pasta

Visited March 2014