“Coolest Thing I Ever Did! Cant wait to do it again”
Review of Aspen Paragliding

Aspen Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience Aspen and Snowmass from new heights. Soar with a USHPA Certified Tandem Pilot. The only experience you need is the passion for Adventure!
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Got interested in paragliding after watching a scene from a recent movie "The Intouchables." My wife and I already had a trip planned to Aspen and decided to take the plunge. We felt very comfortable with Aspen Paragliding after talking to the owner, Alex over the phone. He has 20 yrs experience.

Well we did it last Sunday morning on the 8:30am flight and I have to say that it was SPECTACULAR!

We met them at their office in town near the gondola and of course, signed our life away. We then got driven up Aspen Mt. in one of their vans and were given basic instruction--like "run when we tell you too and keep on running"

It was very easy to do and we weren't really afraid though this was our first attempt at any sort of non-motorized flying. We flew for about 25min as we were fortunate to catch some nice updrafts during our flight. The views were unbelievable of course and that feeling of cool mountain air in your face very invigorating. Alex also gave me some flight instruction along the way and let me maneuver a couple of turns on my own which was an added bonus. The landing was very controlled and easy and the whole thing seemed low risk, obviously with the right conditions.

It cost $250 per person but was well worth it as my wife and I are still "pumped up" about it a week later and I can't wait to do it again next time I go back to Aspen. As close to actually flying as I ever want to get and I can't believe Alex gets to do this 3 or 4 times per day and get paid for it!

2  Thank djoseph1
There are newer reviews for Aspen Paragliding

Been to Aspen Paragliding? Share your experiences!