“Great Bar and Food, service a bit off compared to Hotel”

The J-Bar at the Hotel Jerome
Ranked #2 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aspen's iconic J-Bar (short for "Jerome Bar") remains the town's social hot spot, with its lively yet casual dining atmosphere. Ski bums, socialites, cowboys and luminaries - from members of the Tenth Mountain Division to the late Hunter S.Thompson gather at this authentic bar for an hint of the Old West. Sit down, relax, and enjoy a beer, vintage-inspired cocktails and light dining fare for lunch or dinner. And don't pass on Aspen's best burger.
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Ate here a couple of times when we stayed at the Hotel in September. First night our waitress was a little slow and did not appear to be that busy nor concerned about us.....was not bad but compared to the rest of the stay was a little off. Food was good, good burger and sandwiches that night. Came back the next day to watch baseball playoffs and sat at the bar. Service much better and the Fish and Chips were probably the best I ever ate. Excellent Choice

1  Thank CardsFan21
There are newer reviews for The J-Bar at the Hotel Jerome

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Food is overrated here. It's not bad, just nothing great! Good burger and fries.. Ok spinach and artichoke dip. Great Shisotto peppers and soggy fish and chips both!!! Great hot buttered rum and fun servers made it a nice evening.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 really enjoyable hours at the J - bar drinking interesting cocktails and eating their wings which are a tasty combination of citrus and chipotle.

1  Thank Frank B
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I knew I had to hit up the J-bar while in Aspen and ended up making it in twice during my visit I enjoyed it so much. Our first night we were greeted with samples of the Aspen Crud, a mix of Ice cream and bourbon that was first mixed there during prohibition by the members of the 10th Mountain Division. Being a big history buff I loved the idea and the drink was to die for. We had a great salad and fish and chips, along with your usual wine and beer. My second visit Raz, I believe his name was, suggested a great beer from Aspen Beer Company, along with some great street tacos! It was just perfect after a long day on the slopes. Raz was a super friendly guy and he seemed very knowledgeable about his job and the hotel.
This is a great mix of locals, tourists, young, older, and characters galore. I can see why all the greats such as Hunter and John Wayne came stopped by over the years. Walk around to really soak up the atmosphere! The night manager, a sweet gal from Louisiana was so accommodating and friendly and helped to iron out a tiny issue with our bill. Your visit to Aspen is not complete without a visit to J-Bar!

Stop to chat with the valets outside as well. Loren is a veritable book of information on the hotel, and Sean is a real sweetie. I wasn't even a guest at the hotel and they remembered me each time a stopped back by!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The history housed here is amazing, be sure to stop by and stroll through. The staff was warm, helpful and more than willing to answer any questions we had. One member of the staff, a blonde woman from Sweden I think? Was especially kind and helpful to our group.

1  Thank Glcharm