“Classy, homey, beautiful hotel with 5 star service”
Review of Hotel Lenado

and 1 more site!
Hotel Lenado
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Boulder, Colorado
“Classy, homey, beautiful hotel with 5 star service”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Lenado for three nights. Read the other five star reviews...they are spot on. The staff treats you like family (we were surprised with champagne in our room after mentioning it was our anniversary), the breakfast is outstanding, the value is incredible, the location is perfect, and the room was cozy and comfortable. What a find!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I lived in Aspen in the 70's and return often. We continue to stay at the Hotel Lenado for many reasons.. It has the charm of old Aspen with all the amenities you would want in a great boutique hotel. While unfortunately most of the unique shops in Aspen have been replaced by designer chain stores aka Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Burberry, the Hotel Lenado retains its Aspen charm. We checked out many of the more expensive hotels in town, but concluded that the Hotel Lenado had everything we wanted at a relatively reasonable price (Aspen hotel prices are on the high side as you might imagine). The staff is welcoming and helpful, the breakfasts fantastic (excellent chef who has been there for years) and the location is perfect. We will continue to make the Hotel Lenado our home whenever ever we stay in Aspen. For us, it is the best hotel in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Pros:

1) No resort fee - free parking, internet, breakfast - incredible
2) Very quiet
3) Location is profound - right in the heart of Aspen
4) Breakfast is out of this world - omelets, fresh fruit, tea
5) Price - great
6) Balcony - great
7) Bathroom - amazing - L'Ocitane products
8) Lobby - awesome - you can use it at night to read from their library

Cons:

1) Room is a tad small - if you plan to spend time in your room, this might not be for you
2) No real desk
3) No fridge or microwave
4) No free water

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarkA498
Puget Sound
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Loved this charming little hotel. Perfect location across from Paepke Park, within two blocks walk of Wagner Park and the Aspen pedestrian mall with all its restaurants and shopping. Breakfast was second to none in Aspen and beat all other hotel breakfasts we've had in town at other hotels. Interior architecture is gorgeous and the rooms are very comfortable with high ceilings on the upper floor and all have charming decks. Wish the air conditioner had worked better, but the ceiling fan was adequate to take off the heat at night. Plan to stay here from now on when visiting Aspen and we have stayed at several other local hotels, including the remodeled Limelight, which is a nice option, but seems too big and impersonal and far too like every other large hotel we've ever stayed at by comparison. Hotel Lenado is an ideal Aspen lodge and really offers an authentic Aspen feel to ones stay. No pool, but nice outdoor hot tub on secluded deck.

Room Tip: ask for an upstairs room, which all have cathedral ceilings.
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed at Hotel Lenado in June. They had made an error in our reservation which they quickly corrected and upgraded our room in apology. The room was very comfortable. It had a fireplace, private deck, jacuzzi tub, and premium toiletries. Everything was sparkling clean. We especially enjoyed the made to order breakfast which is included in the room rate! Twice daily maid service was a nice extra. Complimentary snacks were available during happy hour with a cash bar.

Room Tip: Corner room had great windows and light but there was some street noise.
1 Thank jimandzoe
FL
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Relaxing place to be in Aspen. Quiet & quaint hotel near everything. Thoughtful & diligent owners and staff. Housekeeping is excellent. Incredible breakfast by Kyle each day. Happy hour and Chocolates on pillows every evening! Hot tub was perfect

Room Tip: Away from Hopkins & Aspen streets are quieter
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2013

On Mar 5,13 I had booked a room in Aspen for the week of Mar 13. The next day, my plans had changed and I was going to stay with my group. I called hotels.com and asked to cancel my booking, they said that I could cancel but no refund would be issued. Both companies played each other against the customer - no refund by either. Their was a cancellation policy, but I would have to cancel by Feb 13,2013 in order to only pay $48.05. I called the hotel and offered to pay for a night ($278), if they would refund the other two ($556). They were dismissing and said they could not help. I informed them I would check in for spite as they will not be re-renting & keeping my money. When I arrived in Aspen, I promptly made my way to the hotel and checked in, offering a cancellation fee. It was declined again. On the morning of my third day, I stopped by to check my room and return the room key. Someone was staying in my room! Thankfully, when I opened the door their was only their belongings! I asked the hotel what had happened and why they rented my room while I had a key. I expected a refund. Again, the staff was very rude and could not help. I was out over $920 US. I returned home and was suprised to see an email from the GM asking hotels.com to credit 1 room night. I would have prefered this gesture before finding someone else staying in my room, but I guess this is how they operate. You will be much better off spending your money elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business