“Good location, friendly staff, FREE bikes to use!”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This hotel has 'heart'...the staff is fabulous....friendly, informative, and goes out of their way to make your stay a good one. I rate hotels based on: staff, beds, pillows, showers, and cleaniness...and this hotel excelled in all of these areas.

You can tell that the hotel is older, but the recent renovations in the rooms are nice. There is an A/C unit, which makes for a bit of noise, but at least they have it. LOVED that I could open the windows...yeah!!! Halls are dark and dingy looking so it was hard to see to get the key in the lock...even with the small lighting they had and the stairwells same.

Breakfast selection - really good, and the breakfast room has a great view (included).
Parking - convenient and close.

They have bikes to use for FREE (single speed), and this was great to roam around Aspen, or take the nearby trails.

All in all, a pretty good deal...but ASPEN in general is wayyyyyyy overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear WorldTvlerParker_CO,

I really appreciate your time in letting us and Tripadvisor readers know about your great stay with us. I'm glad you took advantage of our great amenities and service and we'll look forward to your next trip to Aspen!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Aspen for business. It was at a busy time for the city. The hotel was very well appointed. The room a little tight but very comfortable. Breakfast was really well done and the staff in the hotel were all very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Victorv52,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad you had a great stay with us and enjoyed Aspen. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Thanks,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here for just two nights, but we they were excellent. Great room, with a very comfortable kingsize bed. The breakfast is very decent. It is just a few minutes walk from all the restaurants and bars in the centre of Aspen. And most special of all: the heated outdoor swimming pool with jacuzzi. Good for some very relaxing days in Aspen!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Marian_10

Thanks so much for your great review! We are so glad you travelled all the way from the Netherlands to visit us and Aspen. We pride ourselves on our great location, value and amenities and we look forward to your next visit!

Cheers,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room was acceptably clean. There was some kind of food/condiment on the curtains. The bed was extremely hard. Both my husband and I found our upper extremities going numb throughout the night, which is not a usual occurrence for those in their mid-thirties. I probably won't be back, but I also don't have any plans on returning to Aspen. This was my fifth trip or so in the last 7 years to Aspen, and it has gotten less fun each time. The pool was nice. The hot tub was a bit small, but 4 people could fit comfortably.

Dear TiffoftheSprings,

I appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't find the bed comfortable. Almost all of our guests positivley comment on the double pillow top mattreses we use as well as the down duvets, 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and overstuffed down pillows we provide. Please contact me if you do decide to give Aspen another visit and I'd love to see if we can change your perception of our beautiful mountain town.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Hotel Aspen was a pleasant surprise and definitely a great deal. Location? Superb. You walk everywhere, anyway! We had a jacuzzi balcony king suite and woke up to beautiful mountain views. The front desk staff was so kind and courteous, and even loaned us umbrellas when it rained. Great place!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear D Dawn K,

Thanks so much for takling the time to write such a nice review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of your beautiful Jacuzzi Suite. I'll pass on your compliments to our staff as well! Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Take care,

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is our third night here. The rooms as not large but nicely appointed and clean. Beds are comfortable. We would stay here again. Location is great within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. We enjoyed the bar. The room is quite comfortable with a great view from a large window. They serve a great breakfast with a large variety.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear golfcouple2,

We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and we hope you are available to come back and visit us again soon. Aspen is a special place and we are are happy to have been a part of that.

Best regrads,

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Aspen for five days during a summer get-away. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Though it was smallish, the room was large enough for our needs and was large enough to comfortably fit a king-sized bed., a table, two chairs, and small kitchenette, and a decent sized bathroom. The fixtures were nice and upgraded. The bed was very comfortable (very important to me). My husband thought the pillows a little too squishy, but I thought they were fine. My only complaint is that the lighting was poor. It was hard to read in bed at night. I always appreciate a high intensity light next to the bed so I can read if my husband wants to sleep.

The hotel was very quiet (in the room anyway, the pool area had a bit of street noise, but that didn't bother me). They have a wonderful full free breakfast buffet which can save you a lot of money, especially in the Aspen area. The pool area is very nice with comfortable chairs and a nice hot tub. There is no fitness room, but we were so busy taking in all the beautiful hiking in the area that we didn't care.

The hotel is very centrally located and within walking distance to wonderful shopping, restaurants, etc. Also the price is very reasonable for a central Aspen location.

I highly recommend the Hotel Aspen.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from Main Street