“Great little hotel in Aspen”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
Boulder, Colorado
“Great little hotel in Aspen”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here with my family of five in June 2013. Had a really great stay. When we arrived, the people at the front desk noticed our three kids and moved us to a room that opens right onto the pool deck. That made a huge difference to our stay - totally convenient, and made it feel like we were at a resort! The hotel room is very comfortable, and has a great front verandah section to it where you can watch the kids in the pool but stay cool yourself. (Also a great place to store your bikes!) The breakfast was good - a few hot selections and your basic bagels/toast/yogurt fare. Juice and coffee are available throughout the day, and there is free wi-fi. The location of the hotel is great for getting around on foot, and the hotel staff are very pleasant and helpful. Our only negative was that the inflatable bed that we had in our room (there are no roll-aways) had a slow leak so was very deflated by the morning. Also, there is no gym (though you can get discounts at one close by).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear canuckinboulder,

What a "great little review" you left us, thank you! I really appreciate the time you took to write us about your stay and we hope that on your next trip to Aspen you will visit us again soon! I'm sorry about the airbed, we'll get it fixed or replaced immediately.

Thanks, Jeff Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Kansas
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I liked this place a lot. We stayed in early June and it was not crowded. The rate was good; I called the hotel directly. The service was very good too. The room was nice sized and it had all the amenities. Mostly, it was comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. I loved that the room drapes actually kept the room dark in the morning. It was clean and nice and the heated pool was great. I also appreciated the full, hot breakfast. I would definitely rate this hotel as much more comfortable than most of the mid-range hotels that i've stayed in.

2 Thank Kansastraveller1
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Kansastraveller1,

Thanks so much for your "Very Nice" review! We do so appreciate you staying with us and we hope that you consider us again on a future trip to Aspen!

Take care,

Jeff Bay, General Manager
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Awesome hotel,Staff was great,Breakfast was delicious room was cozy,bikes were fast!!I stayed an extra night in Aspen because I loved the town and hotel so much.The two front desk men that were there were so helpful.They gave me tips on what to see and where to eat in town.I had a nice view from my patio of the Mts.Across the street is a dog park and the hotel allows dog.I would love to go back and spend a week there in the fall.

Room Tip: Room 109 m Mt.View
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vetgirl69
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Vetgirl69,

Your review is one of our best ever! :-) I'm happy you had a great time and we look forward to that week long stay this fall, it's a beautiful time to visit Aspen!

Take care,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very briefly, this is my second stay and certainly will not be the last. Clean rooms, great price (included WiFi, breakfast, parking), and most important to me, wonderful customer service. They made sure that we are having all what we need and made us very comfortable. Thank you, and we will see you again.

Dear Yoora77,

Thank you so much for the great review, I'm glad you found our service and quality to your expectations, I hope we see you again soon!

All the best,

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at Hotel Aspen over Memorial Day weekend with my husband and 3 year old. Overall this is a good place to stay and the value is definitely there, but there were some pretty big bummers too that would stop me from going back.

Pros: Great location close to town, definitely walkable to everything. Free parking. Free breakfast (also a con though because it's not that good). Nice rooms- good size, very clean. Heated pool and jacuzzi. Front desk staff was very nice and knowledgable and the lady that helped me book the room was also very nice and super accommodating (no pun intended.) Also very close to a great playground for the kids. Oh, and the little kitchenette was great- fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker.

Cons: The bathroom doesn't have fan, which is totally gross. There is a small window, but that does nothing for ventilation or to disperse smells. The AC unti in the room was ridiculously loud. Like, obnoxiously loud. The only benefit to having it on was that it drowned out all the noise that you could hear outside of your room. People walking by? You'll hear it. People walking around above you? You'll hear it. And this was supposedly one of the "quiet" rooms on the backside of the hotel. And, this may be a pro for some, but the beds are very very soft. Too soft for my liking. The bedding and the pillows were nice and comfy, but the mattress itself is quite sinkable. Lastly, while the free breakfast is nice because it's free, it's not particularly good. The eggs were runny, the bacon was rubbery. The pancake machine was nice, but if there are kids using it- forget about it- You're not getting near it. And the fruit salad is one of those pre-cut, buy it from the grocery store and then put in a bowl kinds.

Again, the value is there- the price was great and that was the main reason we booked it, but all those little annoyances added up to an average experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Racegirl219,

Thanks for taking the time to write us about your stay, I appreciate your feedback. It sounds like you had an overall great time, but I will respond to your few concerns.The bathroom does indeed have a fan, but the motor was broken. It has been replaced. It's a difficult item to spot unless we're told, which you did. It was fixed immediately. The AC units are only 2 years old, I'm not sure why they would be unusually loud but they are top of the line LG units. They are not a built in unit that you might find at a brand new hotel, but we tried as best we could to retrofit our older property with updated appliances. I'll try to see if we can something further to improve the sound. Speaking of sound, I'm sorry if your room allowed outside noise to disturb you. We are an older property that has been extensively renovated and well maintained, We use the same double pillow top mattresses that 5 Diamond Broadmoor hotels uses, however there are some older construction techniques we just can't overcome. However we feel our incredible value that includes a full hot breakfast for every guest with eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, fruit, pancakes, oatmeal, juices, milk, cold cuts, bread and bagels, and gourmet coffee along with free parking, free internet access, free long distance and complimentary airport transportation makes us a compelling value in a expensive town at an average of half of what our competitors charge - without the extras. I hope that makes up for a few of the perceived shortcomings you observed.

Safe travels,

Middleburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I Stayed at the Hotel Aspen for about a week. My stay was very enjoyable. The room was clean and nicely furnished. Internet was vary good. Overall my stay was great and I would stay there anytime Im in town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear 73agordon,

Thanks so much for the nice review and we are so pleased you had a great time with us. Come back and stay again soon, summer is beautiful!

Best -

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

you can tell this hotel was a remodel of a previously existing building, but it is done fairly well! all the fixtures, curtains, bedding, bathroom, carpet, etc. are all modern design. very nice feel. the complimentary breakfast was very good, too. the staff was great, too. good job!

Room Tip: if you stay on a 2nd floor room, then you can probably keep your window open at night. 1st floor roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear Anjiggy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We're so pleased you had a great time with us and we hope that you'll consider us again on your next trip to Aspen!

All the best,