“Hotel Aspen is a great place to stay”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My sister and I stayed the Hotel Aspen over the July 4th holiday 2013. For a hotel in Aspen, the price was very affordable. We appreciated we could bring my sister's little dog. The Hotel Aspen is in a great location on Main Street, easily within walking distance to anything in town. The rooms are very spacious compared to other Aspen hotels and we liked the little kitchenette with refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The hotel was nicely renovated and decorated and very clean as well. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub one day and the complimentary breakfast was more than just basic breakfast. Most importantly, my sister and I both slept really well on the comforable beds with more than enough pillows. I stay in a lot of hotels and I'd highly recommend the Hotel Aspen.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a lot of baggage, you may want to request a room on the first floor as the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Kristy60,

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you had such a great time and enjoyed your stay with us in Aspen. i'm glad you fund time to enjoy the pool and hot tub as well as all of the other amazing sights and activities that make Aspen special. We certainly hope that we can welcome you back on a future visit!

All the best -

Jeff Bay, General Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Me and my wife both stayed at your hotel for 2 days in mid June and we were well and truly satisfied with the cleanliness, Hospitality, Amenities. The staff at front desk and behind the scenes were very polite and more than happy to assist in any way. The hotel is very well situated and is just a 5 minute walk to the center of the town. The hotel amenities were great. The pool was the right size and clean and the hot tub was a great way to relax after a hard days walking/hiking. We are just sad that we had to leave as we felt so welcomed and would definitely return some time in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear MuckyB,

Thank you so much for the "Very Enjoyable" review! We're so pleased you found our hotel to your liking and that our staff achieved their goal of exceptional and warm service. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel stay was not at all what I expected. The shower curtain was falling of the wall and was not large enough to keep the water from splashing out of the shower and all over the bathroom. Also, the jacuzzi cover was not the right size or style for hte rail they had to take the cover off and on, so we had to move the cover by hand and put it on the floor.

Lastly, the A/C thermostat was broken so it was either COLD or OFF, with no in between.

For the money that we paid to stay at this hotel, I was expecting to have a much more pleasant experience and absolutely did not expect to have these simple parts of a hotel not work properly.

1  Thank D R
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear D.R.

My sincere apologies if any portion of your stay was not to your satisfaction. As you can see from the many, many positive reviews we receive that what you experienced certainly was an exception to our normal high standards. I wish I could have been made aware of your concerns while you were here as they would have been immediately addressed. The shower curtain was a 2 minute replacement, and the thermostat on the air conditioning simply required a minor change in settings to work as desired. A simple call to the front desk would have resulted in rapid repair of these items with minimal inconvenience to you. As far as the hot tub cover, we were using a temporary cover to keep the tub nice and warm for your use while a new cover was being ordered, as the original cover was damaged . I'm sorry if this resulted in a less than desired experience for you.

I do hope that you enjoyed all of our other great amenities such as the full free hot breakfast, free parking and wifi, free local and long distance calls, pool, hot tub and our great service, all at a price that is generally half of any other similar hotel in Aspen.

I would appreciate an opportunity to speak to you personally and do whatever I can to make this right for you. Please contact me anytime at the contact information below:

jeff.bay@hotelaspen.com
970-925-3441

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here with my family of five in June 2013. Had a really great stay. When we arrived, the people at the front desk noticed our three kids and moved us to a room that opens right onto the pool deck. That made a huge difference to our stay - totally convenient, and made it feel like we were at a resort! The hotel room is very comfortable, and has a great front verandah section to it where you can watch the kids in the pool but stay cool yourself. (Also a great place to store your bikes!) The breakfast was good - a few hot selections and your basic bagels/toast/yogurt fare. Juice and coffee are available throughout the day, and there is free wi-fi. The location of the hotel is great for getting around on foot, and the hotel staff are very pleasant and helpful. Our only negative was that the inflatable bed that we had in our room (there are no roll-aways) had a slow leak so was very deflated by the morning. Also, there is no gym (though you can get discounts at one close by).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear canuckinboulder,

What a "great little review" you left us, thank you! I really appreciate the time you took to write us about your stay and we hope that on your next trip to Aspen you will visit us again soon! I'm sorry about the airbed, we'll get it fixed or replaced immediately.

Thanks, Jeff Bay

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I liked this place a lot. We stayed in early June and it was not crowded. The rate was good; I called the hotel directly. The service was very good too. The room was nice sized and it had all the amenities. Mostly, it was comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. I loved that the room drapes actually kept the room dark in the morning. It was clean and nice and the heated pool was great. I also appreciated the full, hot breakfast. I would definitely rate this hotel as much more comfortable than most of the mid-range hotels that i've stayed in.

2  Thank Kansastraveller1
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Kansastraveller1,

Thanks so much for your "Very Nice" review! We do so appreciate you staying with us and we hope that you consider us again on a future trip to Aspen!

Jeff Bay, General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Awesome hotel,Staff was great,Breakfast was delicious room was cozy,bikes were fast!!I stayed an extra night in Aspen because I loved the town and hotel so much.The two front desk men that were there were so helpful.They gave me tips on what to see and where to eat in town.I had a nice view from my patio of the Mts.Across the street is a dog park and the hotel allows dog.I would love to go back and spend a week there in the fall.

Room Tip: Room 109 m Mt.View
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vetgirl69
HotelAspen, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Vetgirl69,

Your review is one of our best ever! :-) I'm happy you had a great time and we look forward to that week long stay this fall, it's a beautiful time to visit Aspen!

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very briefly, this is my second stay and certainly will not be the last. Clean rooms, great price (included WiFi, breakfast, parking), and most important to me, wonderful customer service. They made sure that we are having all what we need and made us very comfortable. Thank you, and we will see you again.

Dear Yoora77,

Thank you so much for the great review, I'm glad you found our service and quality to your expectations, I hope we see you again soon!

All the best,