“Starting to price themselves too high but a good choice in Aspen”
Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel Aspen for quite a few years because it has been quite a good value. Great location, comfortable and well maintained. Still a nice place in all those ways, but now prices are rising during busy times to the point that they are competing with nicer alternatives. Quality and clean - this is a good choice during value seasons or when the rates dip to around $240/night. When it gets up near $300 and you have enough advance notice to be choosy, look around a bit before booking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sevenmile
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Sevenmile,

I do appreciate your nice review and comments and I'm so glad you had a great stay. I am sorry to read your comments about pricing when our rates are almost always less then our competitors. Keep in mind that we also include a free full hot breakfast, free high speed internet, free parking, free airport transportation, free local and long distance calls, free bike rentals and much more with every stay. I can say with confidence that our competition does not include these items and must be paid for extra, I hope that our readers keep that in mind when making comparisons.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Enjoyed the stay, Girl at front desk was very nice and helpful at check-in. There was a mystery noise on my last night there and when I contacted the front desk, she made a great effort to locate the noise which eventually just stopped. (probably some caused by other guests). Anyways it was apparent that she was going to make sure my stay was comfortable even if she had to relocate me to a better room. Liked the Coffee maker and the renovations were nice. HD TV which was a nice bonus. Good Value for Aspen. Some nice Robes in the closet and other nice touches.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jon B

Dear Jon B,

Thanks so much for your nice review and I'll pass on your compliments to our staff. While we have an amazing hotel it's truly our service that sets us apart. Glad you had a great time and we'll see you on your next trip to Aspen!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great service, clean room. fireplace, small kitchenette very good location. Clean Hoy tub and heated pool. What more can you ask for ? Didn't expect much for 140$ in Aspen but was pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Ask for the king room with the fireplace
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Artnpen1,

I appreciate the great review and I'm so pleased you had a great time with us, Hope you can come back and stay with us again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

The location of Hotel Aspen is great and they have spent a lot on renovations, but they quit before they made it perfect. They could have spent just a bit more and really made it phenomenal. However, it was clean and a great location to walk around Aspen. Also the free parking and wifi were a great plus. The breakfast was plentiful with a lot of options.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the third floor if you are a light sleeper. They are pet friendly so dogs...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Natalie S,

Thanks so much for your great comments and suggestions and we will continue to make improvements and upgrades to the hotel based on all of our guests suggestions. Hope you can come back and see some of the changes soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I went to Aspen for our Anniversary and he put some request before arriving to the Hotel and the Hotel granted us with all our wished of a room with fireplace and a beautiful mountain view. The Hotel was extremely clean the staff were super friendly and nice, They have movies and bikes to rent for free. Everything is walking distance I have no bad review. Also the breaksfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marynella M,

I so appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review and we are glad you had a great time with us! happy that you enjoyed the great fee included breakfast and friendly service, please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel Aspen is the best place I have stayed in Aspen! I have stayed here 4 times now and each time really is great! From check in to check out. I arrived on a Tuesday just after noon and they found a room to get me into right away. I found everything as I have in the past, clean, efficient, modern and comfortable. Hotel Aspen really is as great as the reviews indicate. The rooms are accomodating and spacious. Parking is easy and the town walkable. They even have bikes to rent during the day now. Breakfast is a euro/american continental with everything you need to start your day! Again - I highly recommend Hotel Aspen and the price is right too!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Amandi34,

Thanks so much for the great review and we so appreciate the repeat patronage. Loyal guests such as yourself are so important to our business. I'm glad we have earned your business agin and we look forward to your 5th stay with us!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for a random weekend away from Denver in October. The rates were great for Aspen and the hotel was really nice. The location is perfect for walking around downtown. Our room was a great size and had a fridge and separate sink. There was also a heated pool and hot tub. We had a great time and will definitely return. Oh, and the free breakfast was pretty delicious - they had stuff to make sandwiches which works perfectly for an early morning hike!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Lovetoroadtrip82,

Thanks for your great review and it means a lot coming from someone with as many reviews and experiences as you have. Glad you loved the room and service. BTW - funny that your screen name ends in "82", we just happen to be located on Colorado Hwy. 82! I think it means a return trip is in your future, soon!

Best regards,