“Sleep in your car instead!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sleep in your car instead!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been traveling to Aspen, Colorado for a decade. This is the worst hotel in Aspen in my opinion. The room was dark and dank. The mattress was so saggy and soft it was like sleeping in a hammock. The air-conditioner was so loud it kept me awake whenever it clicked on during the night. The breakfast offered was inedible. I will say the staff tried their best when I made a specific request (like shampoo etc.), but that was the only good point. I checked out as soon as I could the next day. I travel a great deal in the U.S. and overseas. This was one of the worst places I've stayed.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jeff_Bay, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Evelyn C,

I appreciate your candid feedback and I am truly sorry if your stay was not satisfactory. I am disappointed that i could not assist you in person while you were with us, but I would appreciate an opportunity to try and make things right for you. Please feel free to contact me at jeff.bay@hotelaspen.com and I will personally address your concerns.

Regards, Jeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Lake Worth, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was very disappointed when we arrived. The hotel was updated at some point as you can see in the pictures they provide online photos to make it look a much nicer.The room was very dark and depressing . If you are traveling with a family of 4 the rooms are not equip for it. Bathroom is very small and the kitchenette was not function-able. Refrigerator was to small to put small bottles of waters. They do not have elevators. Breakfast was ok. I found it to be overprice and very disappointing. Unfortunately we pre-paid for 3 nights when I expressed my disappointment to the management and asked to leave early and be refunded they said no. We left anyway and lost 300.00 I find this very unethical as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dao O
Dear Dao O,

Regards, Jeff
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed there for a week, while I was in Aspen for a conference (and some skiing).

The rooms are very nice and clean, but the hotel is extremely overpriced otherwise. The staff cannot deal with any unexpected situations (like having to print a paper bill). The breakfast is ok.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StephanieW1111
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Aspen on May 31, 2014. The hotel is very clean and just a couple blocks from the heart of downtown. We asked the staff for recommendations for dinner and activities that could include our 15 month old. They were more then happy to help. The complimentary breakfast did not disappoint either. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeremy B
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms at Hotel Aspen are very nice. I have stayed at this hotel twice for summer business trips. The staff helped move boxes and assisted with taking deliveries. The rooms are a good size, the bed is super comfortable. The bathroom is VERY small but it is nice to have a mini-fridge in the room. The pool is very nice. Breakfast is included and has a wide variety of good food. It isn't located in the heart of Aspen but it is only a short, easy walk away. Free parking is nice as well. Good hotel, good value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cameron5598
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at Hotel Aspen April 1 2014 for four nights. It worked great for me and exceeded my expectations. It was affordable which is rare for Aspen and they really took care of us. On my arrival at Aspen airport, the airport greeter phoned them and had them send their free car to pick me within minutes. The friendly driver told me of the hotel amenities and needed info for commuting to skiing. On arrival he told me to skip check in and go up to the common room above the lobby to catch the end of apres hour and get a free drink and some food. That was great, I was starved and it was an unexpected treat and great welcome. When I was done they'd already put my bags in my room. I had one of the 4 budget room on the ground floor facing the side street and at first I wasn't thrilled with that spot but it worked out great as it was quiet and so convenient not having to carry my skis and boots more than a few yards to whole trip, nor up any stairs. The common room was a great meeting spot for me and my other family members who were in another room in the pet-friendly area. There was a hot breakfast in that room each morning and the morning news on a big tv. it was a great way and place to start and end the day, I went to breakfast early in my pjs and stared with my morning coffee, then on to my oatmeal, the news, meeting my family, talking with other skiers, looking at the beautiful view and fireplace, Same at apres - free wine, beer and plenty of food including hot entree and homemade chocolate chip cookies everyday. I felt like I was sort of in a B&B on the European meal plan! Great way to return from skiing, eat sometihing, relax, socialize, and not feel pressured to hurry out every night for an overpriced dinner in downtown Aspen. The place is not fancy but yet upscale. It looks like they took an old motel and added a nice lobby and common area. the rooms were about best western size but totally renovated by some tasteful detail oriented persons who put in plush big beds with great linens, towels, totally tricked out bathrooms, great tvs, full cable and wifi in rooms. Rooms had older kitchenette with mini refrig, sink and micrwave and Coffeepot daily stocked with coffee, All in all, .just what was needed. No way can you best the location, two blocks from the main drag of downtown, and ski shuttles right on the corner of the building, arriving every few minutes. You couldn't ask for a more comfy stay in Aspen. But, I'm not the type who needs big name frills and pampering, just good value, convenience, comfort and some snacks! Centerpiece of the hotel was a sparkling heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi which most of rooms looked out on. Nice apres experience there too.I'll be back next time. If the managers and staff are reading, thank you for a great stay, and thanks for the snow!!! I was expecting winter in April, but you provided it!!! Eden M.

Room Tip: I noticed there were some with enclosed patios. I'd probably for one of those next time. I wou...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eden M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night and the staff was very helpful. Someone helped us with our bags. We used their wifi. They gave us directions to a couple places. Like the hotel and check in on Facebook for freebies in town. Microwave and fridge and newly renovated room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MollyGibsonLodge, General Manager at Hotel Aspen, responded to this review, 3 January 2015
Dear Chris D,

Thanks for letting us know that we're doing a great job, hopefully next time it will be even better!

Regards,