“Lovely hotel, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Aspen

Hotel Aspen
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Stamford, CT
“Lovely hotel, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

The hotel is pretty, the sheets and bed are marvelous, and the breakfast is a real breakfast. This place is a real find in overpriced Aspen.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

Just returned from our stay at Hotel Aspen. We had a great time. Excellent hotel for overpriced Aspen. Nice size room (110) on bottom floor next to pool. Great location on Main St. Within walking distance to all that Aspen has to offer. Good breakfast in morning. Nice pool.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Aspen for one night on business! I stayed there b/c of the great rate i found, $160/for a Monday night! This is very cheap for Aspen! The location was great! Walking distance to the main part of town. The staff was awesome, very friendly! I walked down to my room, which had a little patio area that was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable and very nice. The bed had great linens and I sunk right into it! I loved having the fridge/microwave and wetbar area. The bathroom amenities were also just fine! The only complaint i have is no full length mirror, as a business woman, that would have been nice!

Breakfast was also good. Plenty of selection and the staff was so nice and even made my waffle for me!

I will definitely stay at Hotel Aspen again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

This place was $300 a night. I booked it after looking at the website and seeing beautiful pix of the front of the hotel and the gorgeous pool. It was our anniversary getaway which I advised the hotel when booking online. When we drove up, I thought "the Hotel Aspen must be behind this motel". WRONG. It is obviously an old ski condo or old motel. All rooms face the outside, no corridor or inner hallway. After our romantic dinner in Aspen, we strolled through the town and upon returning to the hotel found our key cards didn't work. Little did we know the hotel closes it's doors and locks them at night, turns off all the lights as if it is a bed and breakfast without the good breakfast. IF I hadn't had a phone with internet I would have had NO way to contact the hotel to let us into our room. When I spoke of this in the morning at checkout, front desk guy never looked me in the eye, said "sorry to hear about that" and when I questioned the price of the hotel for the service NOT received he mumbled under his breath then dismissed me by looking around me and asking if he could check out the next person. Also, my credit card was not used to "guarantee the room" by the way, they charged both nights 2 weeks prior to my stay. I wouldn't go there again if it was the last place on earth. I stayed at the Broadmoor the year before for $375 and they had champagne waiting for us as they knew it was an anniversary stay. Lesson learned.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

Only stayed for one night as it was just a short getaway. I would definetely recommend the Spa Suite. It was a true treat to be able to enjoy that luxury by ourselves. Thanks to the staff for going out of their way to provide a jump start on our pickup.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

We (2 adults and 3 teenagers) stayed here for 6 nights. The 2 adults had a room with a King Bed, fireplace and balcony (Room 324). Airy and light with plenty of space and great Views of Aspen Mountain. Our three teenagers had a Junior Suite (room #111) which was right off the pool with a great view of the mountain and a perfect spot for them to go in and out of the pool and hot tub. The Junior Suite is extremely spacious (although the bathroom is small) and could easily accomodate 5 (two queens and a fold out sofa in the solarium). The front desk had a menu of free DVD's and the kids took advantage of that. The breakfast and apres ski are more than ample (the breakfast host was a a grumpy soul but the evening hostess was delightful). You can walk everywhere from the hotel and the free ski shuttle stops right out front. We found the front desk staff to be extremely helpful. We also stayed one night at their sister hotel across the street (The Molly Gibson) but liked the Hotel Aspen much more. It is truly a bargain and the rooms have been renovated. Safe, miin-fridge, coffee maker, microwave etc. available in all rooms. We did not have any problems with the heat. Free street parking and a small ski locker is assigned to each room. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

We loved the location of Hotel Aspen, right in downtown within walking distance to restaurants and shops. The breakfast and apres' ski wine and cheese was fabulous, the great room had a wonderful view of Aspen mountain and a cozy fireplace. Great hot tub and pool and the hotel was clean. The free shuttle to Snowmass was convenient, quick, and picked us up right outside the hotel. Our only complaint was the temperature in our room. When we arrived, our room was very cold, it seemed that the heat wasn't on at all. And then, after they turned on the heat, it got so hot at night that we had to open the window and even the door to get some air into the room. It felt like a sauna. And there wasn't anyone at the front desk to help us. So we barely slept that night, which is not a good feeling. When we mentioned it to the person at the desk in the morning, they seemed indifferent. We still loved our stay, and would go back to Hotel Aspen, but I would ask about heating issues before we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple