“Another Rocky Mountain "High"”

Aspen Meadows Resort
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We visited the Meadows in December and had another occasion to return to the area for a family wedding in March. The Aspen Meadows is conveniently located for our needs. The staff is exceptionally welcoming and pleasant and very professional. Jerome is the "Ambassador" of the complex! Every staff person as well as every dog and dog owner seems to know him. The shuttle service was easy and accommodating. Lance and Trent were our drivers. Our dining experiences were great -love the afternoon s'mores! Can't wait to return! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear MaryLou52511,
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers. I especially appreciate the staff highlights!

See you again soon,
Jud Hawk

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The grounds of this hotel are what make it so spectacular. The artwork, natural landscape and walking trails are unlike any other property I have ever stayed. The rooms are large, well-deocrated but looking a bit shabby (this is why I didn't give 5 stars).

Highlights: The windows of the room that look out onto the natural landscape. The lobby of the hotel. The attentive staff. Artwork. Shuttle to downtown Aspen. Pool!

I was there for the Aspen Institute. I think I will try out another property when I return this summer just to check something else out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
dougcrawford, Director of Sales at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear luisa1071,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I’m glad you mentioned our guest rooms, as we are undergoing a soft goods renovation this spring refreshing bedding, reupholstering furniture, replacing carpet, and re-painting, just to name a few of our restorations. These room renovations are all scheduled for the next 2 months and all rooms will be fresh with new textiles beginning this summer! I’m glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope that you eventually do decide to return to the Aspen Meadows for future visits!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I love this hotel! I've been staying here for over 5 years now and I'm never disappointed. It's easy to access and although not right in town that's never a problem. In fact, it's usually a plus. There is a free shuttle that runs frequently and takes about 5 minutes to get where you're going. If you have a car and can't find street parking you can always cough up some cash and valet at Sky or The Little Nell. The fact that it's out of town allows for the incredible campus. Spa, tennis courts, lap pool, trails to run or hike on, and the amazing sound of the river to fall asleep to. If you get luck there is sometimes wildlife passing through. The campus is spread out, which could be a downside. Especially if you don't like the outdoors, which I guess is possible, but you are visiting one of the most incredible places in the world. It is important to note that it's usually a walk to your car or anything else. If you want everything contained in one building this is not the spot for you. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. Plato's serves amazing, organic, local, fresh food. Summertime they source with local farmers and butchers. Room service also goes through the kitchen. Often in hotels the room service isn't as good, but this comes straight from the source. We travel with our mature, and well behaved dog. As with almost all hotels in Aspen they are welcoming and treat her as a true guest. The architecture and Bauhaus elements are phenomenal if you're into modern design. If you're not really into that the layout of the rooms is still impressive. They're huge. Almost the entire hotel is comprised of suites and feels very Scandinavian. They are minimalist in nature though, so if you're looking for over the top luxury this is definitely not it. Keep an eye on their specials throughout the year. Even during high seasons they are usually running great rates. Especially for Coloradans.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the second floor, but they are slightly less accessible. Keep an eye out for speci...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel A,
Thank you for the excellent and very detailed review! We’re proud to call you a loyal guest and look forward to your return hopefully soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

this is a very nice place. The rooms are huge and tastefully decorated, the entire place is located in a peaceful corner of Aspen. But then, asking for more than 400 dollars per night sets fairly high standards. I was hugely disappointed when I arrived and asked for a room in a stressful moment, and it took an eternity until the woman at the desk had painstakingly entered all details. When I politely asked for a quiet room for a minute or two before my room was free, in order to have a quick look at a presentation I had to give (as I had just flown in with no sleep and was scheduled to give a talk), I was rudely advised that there would surely be no such room. Overall, I felt a bit of a discongruence between pretension and reality at this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karlkoreander

Dear Karlkoreander,

Thank you for choosing the Aspen Meadows and for taking the time to review our resort. I’m sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations! Customer service is of the upmost importance to us and your experience will be addressed with our front office staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I hope that you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in Aspen. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to confirm your arrival and any special needs so that I may ensure proper follow up.

(970) 544-7811

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Aspen Meadows is laid out like a school campus with several buildings spread out over the property. The draw back to this is the parking structure is a little bit of a walk from the rooms so when it is cold out and if you are carrying a lot of luggage, this can be a bit tough. They offer concierge service with rides to and from your building to the parking structure or main lobby building but you have to call for the service and with my odd/early waking hours, this wasn't convenient. The rooms themselves look like floor model rooms for Ikea with space saving, simplistic designs in the furniture and decor. LOTS of windows offering beautiful views! No A/C and heat is through the floors which was great in the bathroom in the middle of a snow storm! Separate living area space with couch, TV desk and deck. Bedroom is on the opposite side with bathroom in the middle, felt very spacious and open. VERY comfortable bed!

Overall, I enjoyed my quick stay, would have liked to have stayed longer to really enjoy all the resort has to offer. I would certainly go back and stay again!

Room Tip: Request a second floor room to get the best view, the Wexler (rooms in the 400's) building was c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Ashley W,

We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate the detailed review! Thank you for choosing the Aspen Meadows Resort for your brief and recent stay. Please do come back and visit again soon, and next time for longer!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Many times a visitor to Vail, first time to Aspen, we loved this resort. Very peaceful and away from the "big" little city of Aspen. Aspen is a very nice small town struggling with a growth issue, and being so close to everything was fantastic. Shuttle will take you almost anywhere you want to go within town, and we never needed to wait more than a few minutes. Weather was perfect and skiing was fantastic. The bar and coziness of the facilities was a real positive. Didn't get a chance to dine at the hotel. Rooms very clean and large, with great views. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
dougcrawford, Director of Sales at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear greg b,

Thanks for giving Aspen a try after being a frequent Vail visitor! We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you’ll be able to experience Plato’s during your next stay at the Aspen Meadows Resort. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to seeing again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I highly recommend to stay at Aspen Meadows Resort. This is a great place with a walking distance to downtown (free shuttle service also is available), very nice rooms and friendly personnel. We definitely stay at the same place for our next vacation to Aspen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JudHawk_Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Meadows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Baduri,

Thanks for the 5 star review! We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!