“Another Great Stay at Aspen Meadows!”

Aspen Meadows Resort
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I recently stayed at Aspen Meadows for my annual ski trip to Aspen and once again I loved the resort. My room was spacious and filled with every amenity that I needed. I found the staff at Aspen Meadows to be extremely professional and service oriented. I dined one evening at Platos restaurant on site and found the food to be excellent and well prepared. I also enjoyed their workout facility and spa. They have recently added a coffee bar that is perfect for the skier looking to get on the slopes early. Downtown Aspen is but a shuttle ride away as is the airport. I love Aspen Meadows and will not stay anywhere else when I travel to Aspen!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank jcpgolf
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 13 August 2008

I should have known that things would not go well when in order to make a reservation I had to leave a message on voice mail. No one called me back so I had to call again. I was quoted a price which I believed was for the two rooms I requested but was actually for only one room. When we checked in we found out that we could not drive to our room but had to park a distance away and be driven in a cart. Normally this wouldn't have been too much of a problem but it was raining quite hard and the seats were wet. The rooms were quite nice and large. The grounds were lovely too. Service at breakfast if you don't opt for the buffet is excruciatingly slow. In the dining room, with only two other tables occupied it took over 45 minutes to be served bacon and eggs. After checking our bill, we found that we had been overcharged. When we attempted to use rental bikes located at the health club we were asked by the rude clerk if we "really wanted to go biking". She told us that the bikes were out all night and were wet. After assuring her that we did, she managed to find a towel to dry off the bikes. We found some plastic on our own to cover the seats which were still wet. Although the accomodations were nice our experience with the staff left a bad impression that ruined our stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sunnyskies52
Reviewed 15 June 2008

We stayed at Aspen Meadows for 3 nights, before moving to the Sky Hotel for the second part of our trip to Aspen. We have given the Sky Hotel a higher rating, but only because it is slightly "slicker" in terms of decor and also because of the very popular and lively bar. If staying on the doorstep of the nightlife isn't so important to you, then Aspen Meadows is probably a better place to stay.

The rooms here are HUGE - you pretty much get a small apartment to yourself. The location is also really lovely - it's not right in the centre of Aspen and is surrounded by fields and pretty views, with some local houses situated on the nearby streets. It really feels very peaceful and serene. Looking back on our stay, it was actually quite nice getting the shuttle into the centre of town and back. The shuttle service is quick and frequent - really not a problem at all.
We would also mention that the breakfast each morning (buffet style) was great, and the bar (although fairly quiet) is a nice place to have a drink before going out (via the shuttle!) for the evening. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toniebaldwin
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I stayed one night, and it couldn't have been more pleasant. Although the hotel was fully booked, it did not feel like it. The shuttle services to downtown Aspen and to the airport are convenient and timely. Also, I left my phone in my room--only to realize so at the airport. I called the front desk, they found my phone, was willing to bring it to the airport, but I had to get on board, so they FedExed it to me the next day. The best thing about it was that I had confidence that the staff would do things right.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bildungsroman
Reviewed 24 October 2007

I stayed at the Aspen Meadows Resort while attending a program at the Aspen Institute. The rooms are huge – more like small apartments. My room mate and I shared two queen beds, a sitting room with a couch, coffee table and a table with two chairs, a kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator and a large bathroom area. Clean clean clean. Aspen is a very dry climate but each room is equipped with a humidifier for guest's use. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly.

The main building houses the reception desk, a bar/lounge with a large fireplace, a restaurant (which was closed), the dining room and the business center. The food was good and the chef, who helped one of the finalists on the reality show Top Chef, has a wide repertoire. I looked forward to every meal.

I learned that October is when bears prepare to hibernate by foraging for food. We experienced three bear sightings near the main building but the staff's calm reaction was reassuring.

The Meadows are in walking distance to downtown Aspen, however, we took the free shuttle from the main building which has three drop-off points in town. Stores closed early so I didn't get to do much shopping.

The views around the Meadows were beautiful with the vivid orange of the changing Aspen leaves licking the landscape like wildfire. It took my breath away every single day.

For side trips, the Maroon Bells (mountains) are about a 10-15 minute car ride away. We did an easy, two hour hike around the lake. For entrance to the park they request a $10 per carload contribution.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We just got back from Aspen Meadows. We were there over Labor Day weekend for my boyfriend's sister's wedding.
The room was a HUGE suite with a bedroom, a kitchen area with table and chairs, microwave, fridge, sink and dishes!
There was also a full size living room.
The suite had wall to wall windows with views of mountains and green trees.
Service was good- we got rides in golf carts wherever we wanted to go. The breakfast buffet had really good food.
The hiking trails around the grounds were gorgeous and the atmosphere was quiet and serene. Very relaxing place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank herbalgirl
Reviewed 26 July 2007

The hotel is ok, but the front desk and billing were utterly incompetent. They mistakenly booked me for an extra night, the front desk saw the mistake as I was checking out but bungled and added another night, and then it took a solid week of phone calls and demands to rectify the problem. A simple problem revealed a series of failings in customer service, accounting, and management. Avoid the hassle and stay elsewhere!

Stayed: June 2007