“Could have been great” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Denver, CO
“Could have been great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

We stayed for one night with our infant and toddler to catch the end of the fall colors. We were very happy with the grounds, the layout of the room, the fitness center, and the pool area.

When I woke up in the morning, I was on my laptop and saw something scurry across the floor in the corner of my eye and disappear under the couch. I stared at the couch and then saw a little mouse come back out. I screamed and woke my husband up and we watched it run back and forth. My infant was sleeping on the floor in a tent-like bed that was not completely zipped, so I was mortified that a mouse could have come in with her during the night. I had the girls stay on the bed with me and my husband packed up and we checked out... I told the desk that there was a mouse running around the room and the woman said "sorry, it must be that time of year".

If it hadn't been for that, it would have been a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kate H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

I stayed at this location for a business meeting. Of course Aspen is lovely, especially in the fall with the changing leaves! Business: I checked in late, 10:30PM, thus it was very dark. I appreciated there was someone there to assist me with baggage. The rooms are located away from the registration office. The meeting rooms were very nice, but there was a lot of noise from other concurrent meetings at their breaks. My room was simple and comfortable, including a frig, microwave, and coffee maker. The bed was great. The theme was more modern than cozy. The location was about 2 miles from downtown, which was fine as it was a little more secluded. They have a shuttle every half hour free back and forth. There is also a walking trail located right on the property. And bikes available for use. Staff were very available to help with questions and baggage assistance. Food was very good and there was outdoor seating available. I did use pool and exercise room. Very nice. I also had a massage with Fred which was outstanding. There were very few children about.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

We stayed here 2 nights on our Colorado road trip in Aug/Sept 2010. This was our favorite place to stay on our trip. The grounds are so beautiful and relaxing and we felt very comfortable here. We had a huge room and a wonderful view of the trees and nearby hillside. We got a midweek discount, so we were even more thrilled. Breakfast was included, which was a full buffet of very nice quality. We took the shuttle to downtown Aspen each night for dinner and then walked back thru the peaceful neighborhoods (about 1 mile - bring a flashlight for after dark). The resort is affiliated with the Aspen Institute, which is a very prestigous organization with a who's who of Board Members.

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

When in Aspen I can't help notice that everything costs way to much and is sometimes not worth it. In fact, our trips there are getting less and less as Colorado has more to offer than overated shopping and restaurants. But one thing Aspen does have is sunrise on the Maroon Belles- so in order to see that - you ahve to stay in Aspen. This place is the best for that. Great rooms, great grounds, amazing pool, and a free shuttle into town- park your car and forget about it. Enjoy the pool and the view it offers. Relax in your large suite and be thankful you can save somewhere in this town and feel like you are still getting the royal treatment. We know we will return to Aspen and this is the place we will always stay.

Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

There was so much to like about this place. The setting is beautiful, the rooms are large and comfortable, it's only a 5 minute walk from the Aspen Music Festival and the food in the restaurant was delicious and served by friendly staff. The only issue was trying to sleep. I was woken at least three times in the night by a rowdy group (I think they may have been the same drunken group we ran into in the parking garage as we were leaving), once just before six by an early morning walker who was talking as if nobody else could be sleeping and then when I finally fell asleep by the maids who showed up before 8 am and were yelling to each other. It's really a shame. I would have given the place 5 stars if I had been able to sleep.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here recently for our anniversary and we were blown away! Everything about our stay was top notch starting with the friendly staff who helped us check in and ending with the awesome breakfast we had the day we checked out. The room was modern, luxurious, huge, immaculate, well equipped, and had gigantic windows with views everywhere! The king bed was extremely comfortable and had a nice big flat screen tv across from it. The bathroom was really nice and had a great vanity table and a huge shower. The room also had a dining area and a kitchenette equipped with fridge, micro, coffee, glasses, plates and also wine glasses and a corkscrew! The living room had lots of comfy chairs and the work station in the room was nice too. The balcony had gorgeous views that looked straight at the ski area! The spa/health club was huge! The workout room had more equipment than you'd ever want, the big pool had nice lounging chairs, and of course there was the beautiful hottub. All of this is surrounded, again, by the views! We didn't use them, but were told that there are steamrooms in the locker rooms. We did a lot of hiking on the hiking trails on the property and were impressed by how big the property actually is! You can take a shuttle into downtown aspen, or you can use one of their loaner bikes, or you can just walk - just about a mile. We were lucky and happened to be there during the Aspen Music Festival. We loved sitting in the "Listening Zone" outside the tent on the property during one of the performances. It was so relaxing to lay in the grass under the aspens and listen to the world class music. We didn't actually get to eat at Platos, which is supposed to be excellent, but we did eat breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. It was a fantastic breakfast, and it was very reasonably priced, and again, included the killer views. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to spend our anniversary. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

Management & staff were professional, courteous and available 24/7 at front desk. Very accomodating to our schedule and needs; felt they truly cared about our experience.
Beautiful, quiet setting you can take in all the time through large windows in the spacious condo rooms; the modern, upscale layout and appliances made it truly a great work space for myself, with plenty of room for others for a gathering.
My group was very impressed, and I would absolutely recommend this to an individual, family or for a function - variety of qualities for your requirements.
AND close to downtown Aspen!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business