“Fabulous night in the heart of Aspen”

The Limelight Hotel
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersGold level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fabulous night in the heart of Aspen”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel has been re-done since I was last there, and we were totally pleased with the room, the common areas, the bar and the restaurant. It was also a great value for the money. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed there last winter for our first time in aspen. We loved it so much. The hotel was in a very good location by walking distance to everywhere. Gondola ride is just a few min away. The front service was ok but we liked the lady at the time we checked out. We were asking for late check out and our answer was no at the first time then she was trying to help if we still want it she will give us staying longer. Room and bathroom were clean. Breakfast was ok. Overall, we will come back for our next trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Denver
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We just spent a 3-night mini spring vacation in Aspen and stayed at the Limelight for the first time. I've stayed at most of the nicer hotels in Aspen and this is definately my new favorite. The hotel is bright, modern, very nice without being overdone. The staff are excellent. The room is very comfortable (we had a king deluxe room with balcony). A nice complimentary breakfast is served and the total package is better than I've experienced at the Jerome, the St. Regis and other hotels in town, and at a more reasonable price. It's in the center of everything, many excellent restaurants just a short walk away and only a few blocks to the base lift at Ajax.

We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: upgrade to a King room with balcony on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool and away from teh street...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rrrast
Washington DC
Reviewed 7 June 2012

What can I say? I stayed here for a week in May and loved it.

Starting from the airport pickup by the knowledgable, friendly and helpful driver, the spotless (and I mean spotless), large and comfortable room, the great breakfast and all at a great rate (ok, May is the low season, I know). I am definitely returning the next time I'm in Aspen.

Rarely have I been at a hotel where I wished I could have stayed longer, and if you look at my other reviews, you'll know I'm not an easy to please customer.

The staff was really helpful in pointing me to a hiking trail, giving me a basic map and making sure I knew what to expect (snow at 11K ft). When I returned, they debriefed me to get a first hand report of the actual conditions.

The kitchennete (Microwave and fridge) was really nice to have and I made use of it a couple of nights.

The only bad part of this trip was realizing how lousy the other hotels on the rest of my trip were.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkFromDC
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Limelight hotel is located in the heart of town and offers spacious and modern rooms with free wifi. The hotel has a swimming pool with warm water. The staff at the reception was extremely helpful in planning my staying in Aspen. There was no need to go to the visitor centre. The breakfast was not bad but if you arrive at the wrong time there are too many people in the breakfast room and some items of the breakfast buffet are not available anymore. The hotel offers parking in their one garage but this is expensive. This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Limelight on a recent visit to Aspen. My first evening I unfortunately suffered from altitude sickness, not a pleasant experience. The staff were amazing. They transported me to the local hospital for a checkup and an oxygen tank for the night. They made sure we were as comfortable as we could be. I was like new in 12 hours.
The Limelight is centrally located to everything in Aspen. It offers a great lobby for relaxing and socializing with a view of the mountains. There is a fireplace and firepits on the outdoor deck. Bar and food service were excellent and breakfast was thoughtful and nourishing.
The room was comfortable with all the appropriate amenities. What is most impressive about the hotel is the staff. They are totally committed to service and excellence. We had the pleasure of dealing with Elizabeth the assistant manager (the hotel needs to drop the assistant from her title) no disrespect to the manager is intended. Having been a restaurant owner and chef for 20 years my mantra has been that quality and service are critical for success. The Limelight has that in spades. There is no question that when we return to Aspen our first choice will be the Limelight.

Room Tip: I imagine most rooms are excellent. When making the reservation ask what room they reccommend.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
TheLimelightHotel, General Manager at The Limelight Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
jonathan s,

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay with us in Aspen. I am sorry to hear that you suffered from altitude sickness, but it sounds like you made a speedy recovery. The team here at the Limelight takes great pride in providing exceptional guest service! Elizabeth is a great example of this and a great leader on our team. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that the hotel has to offer! We all look forward to your return to the Limelight!

Regards,

Richard Stettner
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend, taking advantage of the Colorado resident rate (a screaming deal). The room was exceptionally comfortable and staff incredibly friendly. We enjoyed sitting in the bar area playing Scrabble each evening we were there. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple