“What a great family place”

The Limelight Hotel
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersGold level
San Frnacisco
“What a great family place”
Reviewed 17 July 2007

Stayed up in Aspen the end of the season and stayed at the Limelight Lodge. Old property but very clean, the real value is the service. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years but have never experienced a family run hotel that sets the bar higher than five star properties. This group of dedicated people made reservations, activities, and suggested dining. They made our trip one of the best we have had in years. Complimentary breakfast was wonderful as well as visiting with other guests from all over the world. My wife and I love the Limelight Lodge and we just found out that they are redeveloping the hotel into a larger brand new hotel opening ski season 2008/2009.
Love the location just a block from the very center of all the action.
You will never stay anywhere else in Aspen!!!!!

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Older property but they are building a new hotel as we speak!!
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bwyatt1009, General Manager at The Limelight Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2008
Thank you for the lovely review of the Limelight Lodge.

Our hotel has been completely rebuilt and will reopen November 2008. We are still family owned and operated by the same family for more than 50 years.

We will have the same personal service but with a brand spanking new building. Please get in touch with me personally if you have any questions about the new Limelight Lodge. I hope you will consider us when you make vacation plans for Aspen.
Brad Wyatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Teesside, England
Reviewed 19 October 2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights 4 & 5 October.
I chose it because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and we wern't disappointed. The hotel is only a few hundred yards from the centre of Aspen and very good value.
The rooms are of a standard motel type but are very clean and a good size. There is a small outdoor pool . . . . and I mean small! We were given a disc to display in the front of our car which enabled us to park right outside the hotel on the street.
The staff are very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable about local restaurants & sights.
The breakfast, included in the price, is reasonable - fruit, bagels, pastries, cereals, yoghurts, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, hot chocolate etc.
I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank TeessideTraveler
Reviewed 16 September 2005

This hotel is so close to teverything in town and the bus route for Snowmass yet it is very quiet. We have stayed at a few places right on main street and this place is just a few blocks closer to Aspen Mt. and a lot of the bars but if you go backand forth a lot like we did it makes a difference. The staff is very nice and the continental breakfast is decent though not quite as good as Hotel Aspen. The place wasredone last year so still a little dowdy but clean and new. We stayed there the last 2 years and last year a bit of a glich since the hotel was sold to new owners between the time we made the reservation and our sty. We wanted 2 beds in the room instead of one king size but this year when we made the reservation they seemed like they got it. Rooms are quite large and they evn have one bedroom suites that have 2 bathrooms. No cool bar to hang out at but so close to everywhere doesn't matter and they do have free wine and cheesef at happy hour in the lobby. Plus great free hot chocolate all the time.

• Stayed March 2004
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 July 2005

I'm a wedding planner and I stayed at the Limelight over a weekend when I was coordinating a wedding in Aspen. My clients chose this hotel so I read the reviews on-line before I left and was impressed to see how many people raved about it. Well, the room was clean, but nothing over the top. It was simple, but included the necessities of a business trip (iron, mini fridge, etc). What really impressed me was the service I received. I never waited more than 30 seconds at the front desk, the maintenance staff helped me find my room, and the entire staff was more than excited to help with anything I needed.

I experienced the staff's kindness on my second day in Aspen. I had not booked a hotel room for Saturday night as I was planning to drive home 3.5 hours to Denver directly after the wedding ended at 7PM. I didn't wrap up until 9:00 and was dreading the drive. I decided it might be safer to stay the night and asked a few hotels for pricing. Unfortunately, most of the hotels in town were sold out or too pricey so I decided to head out of Aspen. As I was leaving, I drove by Limelight's street and decided to see whether they had vacancy. The man at the counter told me they only had 2 rooms available and each was $179. I told him that I only asked because I didn't want to drive home to Denver that late at night, but was hoping not to spend that much. I was ready to say thanks and head out of Aspen when he said that he'd rather that I be safe and offered me $139. I was relieved, checked in, and enjoyed a good night's rest. The next day, he gave me another 10% off! My bill came to $139 with tax. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for service with a smile from people who care about their guests. Thank you Limelight!!!!

Stayed July 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
naples florida
Reviewed 17 July 2005

We stayed at the Limelite because of other Tripadvisor reviews. We have never been disappointed with a hotel recommended by this site. And the Limelite is no exception. The location is just terrific, within easy walking distance of everything in the town. We parked our car (free at the Limelite) and only started it once to go out to see the Maroon Bells mountain peaks -- a must if you vist Aspen. (Get there before 8:30 AM. After that the road is closed to private cars.) The motel's rates are just great for staying in Aspen and although the room was pretty basic it was comfortable. We stayed on the first floor and had a nice view of lawn and flowers outside our window. The free continental breakfast was fine and the staff is extremely helpful. They had no idea they were so highly rated by Tripadvisor reviewers and thanked us for that info. This is a fine choice if you want to see Aspen but not stay at a luxury hotel.

7 Thank leafwatcher
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 May 2005

I have stayed at the Limelite many times these past few years and I have never been disappointed. The staff are awesome...the other visitors are very friendly! I am looking forward to going back for 2 weeks in October 2005. It will feel like being at my home away from home again!

• Stayed October 2004
5 Thank ilockyou2
Reviewed 2 February 2005

As an Aspen native who visits Aspen frequently but cannot afford to live there, I love the Limelite. The rooms are clean and nice enough basic motel rooms and the location is perfect. When I was married in the area, I suggested the Limelite for my guests. They allow pets and are right across the street from Wagner Park a great place to walk them. The Limelite is the only place I stay in Aspen. You get the most bang for your buck there!

• Stayed January 2005