“One of the best USA hotels” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Little Nell
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“One of the best USA hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2004

My wife and I spent six nights at The Little Nell in July 2004. We were celebrating our anniversary. The service started before our arrival. We were asked about our interests so they could make suggestions for day trips etc. I made a series of room location requests. To my complete surprise when we arrived we were given a room upgrade to a junior suite at no extra charge. From the moment we arrived after a three hour drive from Denver the doormen gave us a warm welcome. Check in was efficient and swift. The room was huge and well appointed. Champaigne on ice was waiting. Every day we got a wake up call with the daily weather forecast. The maid staff were great. Towels were replaced twice per day. We were constantly greeted by name by concierge staff. They were very helpful . People who use Trip Adviser tend to be well travelled. My wife and I have travelled across USA , Carribean, Europe. We always stay at the best properties. No snob issue, we just appreciate the benefits that luxory adds to a well-deserved vacation. I can say without reservation The Nell is at the top of our list for service and luxory. The hotel had a great gym. As for Aspen it is a place you can mingle with low key but unimmaginable wealth next to regular folks like yourself. We met many couples at the local restaurants all happy to talk to visitors. Restaurant picks: The Wild Fig, Genre, Blue Maise,Little Annies, Cache Cache, La Hostoria. Go to Creste Butte CO. Long drive great fun town. And last but not least, men grin and bear it . Your women will have orgasms over the shopping in Aspen.

• Stayed July 2004
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2004

My husband and I stayed for a week at the Little Nell, and three months later I went to put on my much-cherished but seldom-worn opal and diamond ring. Horrified, I couldn't find it anywhere, and tried to figure out where and when I had last worn it. At the Little Nell...slim chance of recovering it, right? I called, was connected with housekeeping, and all I could even remember was what floor we'd been on. I was cheerfully informed that "Yes, we have your ring. Would you like us to send it to you FedEX?" It was delivered to my door the next morning, no charge to me, with a nice note saying they were glad to help. I have recommended them to everyone within earshot ever since.
With that kind of customer service, they deserve every glowing review they get!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2004

My husband and I stayed here in October, just as the Aspen trees were turning their full glory! The resort is absolutely fabulous. We've been to many top-rate hotels, and this definitely ranks among the best.Although another reviewer recommended staying away from street view (town view) rooms, I'd have to disagree. We were in room 80, which faces the town. It is on the top floor, and the one used in much of their advertisements for both interior and exterior shots. Although technically a town view room, you look out your patio door and just see another mountain in front of you - you need to be on your balcony looking down to actually see the town. We preferred this view to Aspen mountain on the other side, since those rooms all face internally towards the pool and each other!The concierge was great, and so were the amenities. Computer stations on each floor, Bose CD players, wireless headphones (which my husband used to watch TV while I snoozed one morning), and great room and the best robes (RobeWorks)!We dined at the hotel's Montagna restaurant which was fabulous - very refined, yet laid back and casually elegant.We enjoyed a dip in the pool each morning while enjoying the mountain views.We will definitely be back!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2003

We have stayed here twice over the past two summers-would hate to have to stay somewhere else. We enjoyed breakfast out on the terrace. The servers all seem to be students from Europe and the service and food are quite good. The room is beautiful with everything you could want - fireplace, CD player and good magazines. The bathroom is beautiful with many first rate and generous soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc. The lobby, pool, hot tub and bars are also very nice.

1 Thank hotellooker
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2003

The best hotel in Aspen, Colorado, and possibly the USA. I've stayed at TLN a few times over the last decade and I keep coming back when I feel the urge for mountain luxury. While the Jerome can compete on service and has a wonderful victorian ambiance, TLN is just too close to perfection in all it undertakes: the rooms are large and comfortable (although I'd avoid the ones facing the street - given the money you're spending, you might as well go for the mountain view. If streetside rooms are all that is offered, I'd think about the Jerome instead), the staff and service is outstanding, the location unbeatable, and the restaurant is the best in town. The only downside is that you sometimes get a crowd of NY/LA people with attitudes that match the egos on display. If money is no object, this is definately the place to go for a small hotel that will cater to your every whim; there's nothing like it in Colorado, at least.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member