“Great place to stay near the slopes”
Review of Molly Gibson Lodge

Molly Gibson Lodge
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Just leaving Hotel today, staff couldn't be friendlier, rooms are very clean. We combined forces and got an apartment which has been lovely.
The outdoor hot tubs are a great luxury touch , but the heated pool is not warm enough to swim in at night, in December, when it's sub zero and snowing. Probably obvious, but the steam looked enticing. Beware !

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Clk1969

Reviewed 26 November 2010

Highlights: Personnel: The receptionist was extremelly friendy and gave us great advice about snowboarding in the area. She also gave us a city map and mountain trail map and showed us in the map several area atractions.
Food: Absolutelly great breakfast, included in our stay. We spend over half an hour everyday trying everything. Apres-sky: The hotel offered a nice local beer, wine.soup, cheese and others eveyday from 4:00pm to 6:30pm also included in the stay.
Could be better: Our room and bathroom were small (we booked the cheapest with 1 queen bed). It was still confy and very clean but next time I come back here I would pay more for a better room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric890
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Just got back from a terrific stay in Aspen. We went up for a quick weekend getaway. Given the great price that we got on our room (King Room with fireplace), I wasn't expecting too much. We were pleasantly surpised though! The room was terrific, very large with a big bathroom. The bed was amazing! The lodge is in a perfect location allowing us to walk nearly everywhere we went. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Heather C
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Very comfortable and quiet, close to the main streets in aspen.

Reviewed 13 October 2010

This was my second stay at the Molly Gibson Lodge. The first time was great, yet this second time was even better. I needed to get away to relax and rented a room with fireplace. I brought my puppy, enjoyed the hot tub and relaxed. The location of the hotel is perfect as I walked everywhere and the park right next door was perfect for my puppy to play.
The staff is mostly professional, warm and helpful! I recommend this hotel for a get away to relax with your doggie or a romantic weekend away with your partner. I ended up staying five days as my boyfriend came up to join me also.
I will be back very soon Molly Gibson!

Reviewed 4 October 2010

We stayed in the 'Molly King' room, with a fireplace and king size bed. The bed was great, and the room was very clean and roomy. Good location- walked to several restaurants and shopping. There are 3 outdoor hot tubs, and getting one to ourselves was not a problem. The heated pool was really nice at the end of a day hiking. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great experience and great value for the money.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Molly Gibson in late September when the Aspen trees were all changing color-absolutely stunning. When we arrived at the airport we were promptly picked up by the Lodge's shuttle. The room was larger than we expected and the bed quite comfy. We took advantage of one of the outdoor hot tubs prior to going to dinner. The lodge was literally less than 5 walking minutes away from all of the downtown restaurants. It was raining the first night and we were able to rent an umbrella and DVD at the front desk. Each morning we went down to the bar where a nice continental breakfast spread was available along with several free daily newspapers, flat screen TVs, and free wifi (also available in the room). We definitely recommend staying at the Molly Gibson if you are traveling to Aspen by yourself or with your significant other and family.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple