“The new staff is wonderful!”

Mountain Chalet Aspen
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have been a longtime customer of Mountain Chalet. The new management and staff are wonderful and I really enjoyed the brand new flat screen TVs. The location of this property is superb and I will continue to be a loyal customer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick J

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have nothing but praise for this wonderful mountain home! We have been pleasantly surprised at every turn. The room is great, the people are warm and friendly, the food is good, the decor is lovely . . . and on and on. We will definitely be back to Aspen soon, and this is always where we will stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but room 110 is the best!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JEllenK
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The good: Fantastic location, great value, great family game room, great pool, great laundry facilities, great breakfast. The bad: our AC didn't cool well and we had to open the window at night. The parking is limited and tight. Our suite (King with Murphy bed) was great for a family with children. The staff was welcoming and very friendly. I would certainly stay here again if in Aspen.

Room Tip: Suite with King and Murphy bed worked well for a family.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayahdoc
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The staff at the Mountain Chalet make a stay there special. They are very accomodating. The pleasant young lady at the desk allowed us to check in early, and allowed us to keep our car in their parking garage for a few hours after we checked out, so we could explore more of Aspen. Believe me this was a relief, because parking in Aspen is difficult. Space in the garage is a little tight, but trust me, you'll be glad to have your car in a secure spot, and you can walk almost everywhere interesting from here anyway.
The complimentary breakfast was served by cheerful and efficient workers, and included everything. The fresh squeezed orange juice was delicious. You could fill up for the day on that breakfast alone.
The rooms are very "old school" but comfortable, and with Aspen at your doorstep, who stays in their room?
The location is unbeatable, in the center of the town, right across from a playing field and transportation center, in front of the St. Regis, which is much pricier. I paid $165 base. You are literally at the bottom of the mountain here. I took an early morning hike up the mountain and found the town to be magical just after dawn.
I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I just spent 4 days at the Mountain Chalet and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I am a Colorado native and I have stayed in many places, from Telluride to Steamboat. The Mountain Chalet feels like home. It is warm, inviting and a great place to stay winter or summer. Close to everything.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank allyyogi
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

The mountain chalet seemed a little dated, but doesn't change my mind about our overal experience. Every place in aspen is very expensive, so if your looking for value plus great location this is worth booking. The owners and staff are so friendly, unlike some of the other snobs we encountered while visiting aspen.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Thesmartdude86
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Two blocks from the main gondola and right on a huge park in central Aspen makes many highlights walkable. Bus station across the street allows access to the entire Aspen area, so I left my car parked for the entire week. I took a bus to everyting, including the Music Festival, Ideas Festival, and Maroon Bells. Facility is worn, but beds are great. The complimentary buffet breakfast is above average, with the fresh-squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit, and oatmeal being highlights. Atmosphere is fun, casual, and family friendly. Pool is clean and refreshing. Ralph started this place decades ago and is still greeting visitors.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the cross-ventilation in a corner room and did not miss air conditioning. I also was on t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo