All reviewssqueezed orange juiceblueberry pancakesfresh cookieshot dishhot tubhot breakfastin townolder hotelsteam roomunderground garagemaroon bellsbest dealperfect locationmurphy bedevery afternoonbreakfast staffwithin walking distance
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights in August, and traveled with 8 other people who also stayed at the hotel. We all loved our stay, and found the staff to be very engaging, the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the location outstanding. We rode our bikes to Aspen, and the staff stored them for us, and we were able to walk or take the bus to everywhere we wanted to go. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. The breakfast was fabulous, and we enjoyed freshly squeezed OJ, pastries, great coffee, and were served a different hot entree each day. The staff bent over backwards to please. There were fresh cookies, coffee available in the lounge each afternoon. The Mountain Chalet had everything we were looking for and more. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Five couples need inexpensive lodging in Aspen (can't always find it) while we climbed a 14er. I wasn't going to write this review because I wanted to keep this gem a secret but I really had to share our experience. Our rooms were all together and beautiful with balconys overlooking the mountains. The staff was so helpful finding room for our "cocktail hour" and having coffee, etc. ready for our climbers who left at 4:30 AM. The big hot tub and warm pool were so refreshing and the breakfast was outstanding. AND there was an elevator! The antique mirrors and old pictures of Aspen were great to look at. We all would definitely come again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The first issue is that I was informed that the price for 2 nights was what I was actually charged for one night. When I brought this to the attention of the hotel I was informed that if the person explained this incorrectly, it was unfortunate, but I was still responsible for paying the cost for both nights which was exactly twice as much as I was quoted. The price I was quoted would have been reasonable for the condition and amenities of the hotel. Also note that there is only an individual at the front desk from 7AM-10PM; so if you get stuck in the nightmarish traffic from Denver, it is likely that you will not be able to check in appropriately and be informed of what they will actually charge you "on paper" until after you have already stayed the night. I was informed that my complaint/dispute didn't matter in the big scheme of things and that "the hotel has been there for 60 years and will be there for another 60" . I didn't spend much time at the hotel, just came to sleep, didn't eat the "free" breakfast; the self serve coffee machine was stocked with only decaf coffee and I have a feeling none of the other services would have been quite up to par. Way over priced for the service, security, amenities and room conditions and the management clearly doesn't value their customers

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool. It can get loud.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Redpandachicago
MCAInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Mountain Chalet Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Redpandachicago,

We apologize that your stay at the Mountain Chalet did not meet your expectations and standards. It certainly did not meet ours. We regret that so many misunderstandings and mis-communications converged to sully your trip. While you declined the discount that Craig offered perhaps you would allow us to invite you again, applying it to a future visit if you would give us a chance to win your favor.

Respectfully,

The A2 PR Team

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful, room comforatble and clean, great location, great breadfast. I loved the old black and white photos of Aspen in the 50's lining the halls. Front desk staff scheduled taxi pick-up early on departure day. Homemade pancakes and eggs for breakfast with fruit and fresh squeezed juice. Pool and hot-tub of older vintage, but worked for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
MCAInnkeeper, General Manager at Mountain Chalet Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Jean B B,
Thanks for staying with us this weekend and for taking the time to give us this recommendation. Come again soon!
Craig

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great location. Easy going atmosphere. Comfortable but not fancy but good value.
Breakfasts were unexpected treat as were daily chocolate chip cookies.
Rooms are not fancy but roomy. Friendly atmosphere.
Would stay there again.