“Aspen on budget”

Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
United States
“Aspen on budget”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had to be in Aspen for work and knowing that this is one of the most expensive cities in Colorado I thought I would not find something within my budget. This place is GREAT!!!! the rooms are spacious, the place is clean, near the airport and close to downtown Aspen. There is a free shuttle, the staff is friendly and they have a full bar and restaurant. If you are smart and dont want to spend the $1,000/night room at the St. Regis Aspen this is the place you need to be. I was so pleased with this place that I will be brining my family again and we can tell all our friends that like the rich and famous we too summer in Aspen.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, I would try to get a room with a view of the mountain but even the ones facing...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank franciscomorales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The room we stayed in was recently remodeled nicely. The only complaint was that it was so recent, the room still smelled of fresh paint. This was a great location for heading to the nearby Maroon Bells and not too far from downtown. Our room had a nice patio that led out to the pool and in the winter, this would be an ideal location for ski in/ski out. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed Here many times over the years and for me it is a mixed bag. Nice pool and hot tub. Staff friendly but they have a complicated accounting system that caused me a lot of problems after our last stay and several charges to my card long after we checked out. Pay cash for extras and keep receipts! OK.. now for the rooms. Each and every one seems to be different and my last room needed a serious update (as did the rooms of my friends staying here also). It might have looked cool in 1984. Small, big box TV but a good selection of channels. Refrigerator on room very noisy and had to be turned off at night. On whole, room was very depressing and wanted to spend as little time in there as possible. Good location if skiing, you can ski right to the back door . Its a very pretty view out back.Pizza's at the resteraunt were great and we always buy to take away.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room facing the pool...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Amston, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay at The Inn at Aspen. It was very clean, the staff friendly, the bar area small, but enjoyable and they had a very nice breakfast buffet there. Hop on the ski lift right out your back door. Hop the shuttle downtown and phone them when you need a lift back. Just perfect!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bgtmama
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

The bathroom had dust bunnies, broken filthy tile, leaking ceiling with plaster falling off and the bathtub was peeling. If that wasn't bad enough, the shower leaked so bad it flooded our bathroom floor. I called for a wake up call, they said it was all set, yet no wake up call came (luckily I had my phone set also). There was no continental breakfast and when we checked in they didn't mention that. When I asked about it, they said they only have it during peak season, yet they do not list dates or "peak season only" anywhere in the guest book in the rooms or on the check in sheet when they list the free continental breakfast. The workout room was nice and the beds were comfortable, but I would never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Tykoja
Kent
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here and I can not think of one negative thing to say! The staff were absolutely fabulous, Chris, Bruce and Chad in particular. Our little boy is a celiac and they bent over backwards supplying and sourcing gluten free meals for him.
We stayed in a king suite overlooking the slopes which was just amazing, I was able to watch my son when he was having his all day lesson skiing down the slope from the balcony! I would reccomend a King room on the slope side if there are more than 3 in your party, the room was a great size and had everything we needed. Although I did spend most of my time in the bar overlooking the slopes as I did not ski. We used the complimentary shuttle in to Aspen most days, the weather was glorious and we even managed to get a sun tan! The food at the restaraunt in the hotel was really good and very reasonably priced. Like I said I can not think of any negatives. We will definately go back next year but if the weather is like it was this year we would go earlier than late March as the snow had started to melt but this did not stop them from skiing every day. The best thing about this hotel for us was without doubt the Customer service, these guys go the extra mile and are what makes this hotel in my opinion a fabulous place for a holiday.

Room Tip: rooms on the slope side are best but you will hear the machines when they are grooming the snow but...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Beaver Creek, Colorado
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The location was just perfect for us. The complimentary shuttle that was available for town and back was so helpful. The staff was super friendly and helpful. We loved our accommodations as they are in process of renovation that will be so amazing. Our room was completed it was so fresh and updated. From the shuttle driver to bartender to front desk - really it was just a great stay and look forward to going back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple