“Great place to stay. Over the top service. ”
Review of The Inn at Aspen

The Inn at Aspen
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a few days last week. It was basic but clean. The service was great. Particularly Chris that works afternoons. The restaurant was closed for renovations but they more than made up for it by offering free shuttles into town. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank danldavis
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Aspen

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Inn at Aspen is in the midst of a massive renovation - can't wait to see it this Winter!!! - but it is still a great place even with all the craziness.

Playing in the pool at the base of Buttermilk is something you can't do in the crowded downtown.

Our rooms (1158/1160) were renovated and gorgeous - opening right up to the great outdoors.

There's nothing better than walking out your back door and hiking (or biking) up the Buttermilk trails - only topped by walking out your back door to the chairlift once it starts running in December.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank djl06880
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was an ok place to stay. They have a lot of construction going on right now and the parking lot was not in good shape.. The room
was ok the bathrooms looked liked they has been update very nice.. Rooms could us a little updated TLC as well.. Ate at the Mexican restaurant on mill street very good food.. A little pricey but hey it's Aspen.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is out of town, is under construction, and the parking lot had huge holes. My husband booked 3 nights for our anniversary, and he said it was rated a four star hotel. Believe me this is not a four star hotel. We were so disappointed when we walked into a dark room where the reception area was, because of the construction of the lobby. We went to our room which was another disappointment. We left the hotel and went to town. We found a terrific place to stay, and they treated us like a King and Queen. We didn't get our money back even though we didn't stay there. I wouldn't want this to happen to any one else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Merv B
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very nice and comfortable hotel on the outskirts of Aspen and close to all the attractions. Excellent shuttle service. Nice and comfortable beds. Even though their was construction going on however we didn't notice any inconvenience. Excellent outdoor pool and Jacuzzi in the backdrop of Aspen mountains. Enjoyed every bit of it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Even though I had made a mistake on the dates of my reservations, the staff went out of their way to find me a room from a last minute cancellation. They went above and beyond the call of duty. While the lobby is undergoing renovation, the rooms are still very clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. I have stayed in this hotel many times and rarely (if ever) have a problem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Like the previous review stated, this is a very good hotel for the price while others in the immediate Aspen town area are expensive. Before people plan to book this hotel, I think that they should read the fine print on the hotel site as much as they should so they don't disappoint themselves when they arrive. Yes, the hotel restaurant and lobby area is being renovated so be prepared for the fact that there will be no breakfast served, and no leisure area outside of the hotel room in the hotel. It is all up to visiting the accommodations in either Aspen or Snowmass village which I had in mind to do anyway. That was the fun in that adventure. I didn't care if there was or wasn't breakfast served in the hotel. The hotel isn't too far from the immediate Aspen area. Aspen is just an RFTA bus or hotel shuttle ride away by a couple minutes. I Traveled here with my sister and her family. She and her children had a renovated double queen room upstairs, and I had an older King room with two chairs downstairs. I knew what I was paying in the more affordable choice room so I knew what I was getting into. The renovated rooms were very nice, but I didn't mind the older room too much at all. It was together, spacious, very clean along with the bathroom, bed and sheets were comfortable and clean, all plumbing and electrical fixtures worked well, and it was a big plus to have a small patio exit door outside to the back with the Buttermilk mountain view and access to wander around out there. The only negatives I had about the room were that there was not enough ample lighting from the two old lamps provided and of course as I knew since I bought into an older room, the room had some furniture with minor scratches and wear, and needed to be updated. Despite that, it didn't really bother me that much. The only negative to complain about was that I heard my neighbors beyond my connecting door up and talking at a audible volume at 5:00 in the morning one morning. Lastly, The Housekeeping and the check-in desk staff was excellent. Everybody was Well-composed, hospitable, helpful, polite, and friendly. If I come back to stay in Aspen in the future, I will definitely come back to this hotel and it will be good to see it when the renovated lobby and restaurant areas are complete!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room facing Buttermilk mountain. The view is worth it. Also, if possible, get on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family