“Wonderful”

Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Despite arriving amidst the biggest snow storm in 20 years, the welcome was warm and genuine. The Valet team are real stars and make the hotels central location feel like you are on the slopes, never a problem to get a car to run you here or there.
Nice lounge bar and well appointed, as are the rooms. I loved the spa products in the bathroom.
We had a nice dinner in the restaurant but Breakfast came across as expensive for what it was, that would be my only, and very minor criticism.
Cant wait to revisit a wonderful place with an interesting history.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Jezblanc,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Tripadvisor. You picked the best time to join us with the biggest snow storm in 20 years-thank you for bringing the snow.

I was so thrilled to read your review and share it with the staff, and I appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort

Reviewed 27 January 2014

As the Director of Events for a finance firm based in New York, NY, Austin, TX and Chicago, IL, this was the best client ski outing I've ever produced. We had 60 rooms, nearly 100 guests and three full days of skiing and activities. The Hotel Jerome's unparalleled customer service made this event PERFECT. My customers are already asking if we are returning next year. Some of them are already booking their personal family ski vacations for February and March. I plan on coming back every year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Yael G

Dear Yael G,

It was such a pleasure having you and your group stay with us, and thank you for the lovely review. It gave me great joy to share it with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I first have to say we had a great rate in the off-season, but this was the best Hotel I have stayed at from a service perspective. From the moment we pulled up to the Valet till they packed our car and we drove away (reluctantly), it was the best service I have ever experienced at a hotel. The hotel was also very nice and our room was exceptional with a great view. I could go on and on, and I am not a mountain person, if this Hotel was on a beach somewhere, I would never stay anywhere else. And if ever back to Aspen....this will be the first place I check for rates. Excellent Hotel!!! also go to the J Bar for fish and chips!

Room Tip: We had room overlooking pool and mountain. Very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CardsFan21

Dear RazorB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor of your stay.

It gave me great pleasure to share your review with our team and I was thrilled to read you had such a pleasant experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Jerome and the J-Bar for more fish and chips!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Jerome in early January. Had seen the property on a previous ski trip to Aspen and wanted to stay "in town" vs. up at Snowmass. I thought that the location would have been a bit of an issue, as it is not slopeside - this was totally unfounded. The staff was available to run us up to Ajax (we walked back), and they provide shuttles to the other mountains. The staff was fantastic.

The food at all the restaurants on the property was great - esp. recommend the tacos in J-Bar with the Kimchi. The rooms were fabulous with large dual sink bathrooms, The renovation and decor is great - highly recommended

Minor issue was that I had to call hotel to help with dining reservations and then there was no confirmation/call/email given that they were actually confirmed - leading to me booking directly myself and then having the conceirge having to adjust. That part could use a little tightening up.

Overall fantastic stay, will definately come back - our previous ski vaction benchmark was the Four Season in JH, but Hotel Jerome give it a run for its money! (plus snow was great too!)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pigeye,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay, the service and the food at the Hotel. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the Concierge service and have forwarded on your comments to the appropriate person.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next ski vacation!!

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Nice lounge --great ambience. However, whenever I order a beverage and it arrives at the table without the cap or with the cap already open , I always wonder why. It creates the suspicion that what is inside is not the original product--a cap-less Perrier? And a unsealed although capped Diet Coke?

Stayed: January 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor of our Lounge.

While we appreciate your feedback, i can assure you we do not misrepresent the products we serve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Living Room.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed for eight nights for a ski holiday and then one further night due to the the cancellation of flights from the airport due to the weather. We could not have been more impressed with this hotel. The tasteful decor (great renovation), the rooms (which are large and well fitted out), the facilities and the public areas of the hotel and the friendly staff truly stood out. The shuttle service they offer around town and to each of the four ski areas was great. The shuttle staff, the porters and staff in both bars - the J Bar and the Lounge Bar made the experience special. Wow, what an enjoyable experience. Don't hesitate in booking this hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are great if you are looking for a little extra space.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at the Jerome between Christmas and New Years and really loved it. The hotel staff is so nice, so acccomadating, so service oriented that they made sure our stay was amazing. The hotel is centrally located. I loved the free car service around town and to/from the airport. The hotel has 2 bars--the Living Room and J-Bar. Both are terrific with a good food selections (great burgers), fun bartenders and great drinks. The apres ski scene was lively in the Living Room and lots of fun. The hotel concierge is top notch. He contacted us about 1 month before our arrival and made sure we had restaurant reservations, ski equipment, lift tickets, etc. I haven't stayed in a hotel before where the concierge contacts guest to coordinate their upcoming trip--great touch. The on-site ski concierge is also an added convenience. It made life so easy. As for the room, we stayed in a Junior Suite Grand Double room. The room was large, two comfortable queen beds, a huge bathroom and all the amenities you could want (although they were in pumps as opposed to small containers). Here is the only criticism I had, the room was on the first floor and overlooked the pool so privacy was a bit of an issue unless the black out curtains were used (which block all the light). I felt that given the price of the room, the location of the room could have been better. To their credit, they did try to move us and were super apologetic and nice about the issue (which made me forget that I didn't love the location of the room), and they really made it up to us. My advice would be to get a room on a higher floor. All in all, we thought the Jerome was terrific.

Room Tip: If picking a suite with a mountain view, ask for one on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends