“Highly Recommended Hotel in Aspen”

Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here during a short ski trip to Aspen. Everything about this hotel was top notch. The location, service, atmosphere, history, and dining options were all excellent. If you're staying at this hotel, definitely take advantage of the free shuttle within town if you need a quick lift to any of the restaurants or the base area of AJAX (the base area of the other mountains is a small fee). If you decide to dine in the library area, I would recommend the onion rings, which in addition to being enormous, are really, really good. If I return to Aspen (and I hope to), I will also be returning to the Hotel Jerome!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff seemed to be trained to go out their way to be friendly and helpful. The hotel physically is extremely well-preserved and renovated; an 1850s treasure. I have suggested that heaters be installed in the bathrooms. Otherwise it is special.

Room Tip: Avoid an adjoining room in the old building. The connecting doors do let through a lot of noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Jerome for 5 days in March and frankly I don't have enough superlatives to do Tony, Adam and their fantastic staff justice.

Upon our arrival we were not only upgraded to a lovely suite, but the GM personally delivered a bottle of the hotel's high altitude elixir to our room after my wife let slip that she was feeling a bit woozy.

That was just the beginning of a week filled with truly great service. Throughout our stay every single member of the staff treated us such sincere kindness and exuberance that is was almost embarrassing. Adam, the assistant GM, was there to greet us at breakfast 7:00 am and again when we came back late in the evening after dinner. I am not sure when he slept but he was, always cheerful, upbeat and incredibly kind. With his endless helpful tips and interesting Aspen facts he truly made us feel like we were staying with friends.

Beyond the great staff, the Hotel itself was lovely. Our room had a kitchen and two bathrooms and even with our daily ski-wear explosion there were plenty of places to sit, read and lounge around. The bathrooms were beautiful, the products were nice and everything was spotless at all times.

Having spent a fair amount of time in Aspen I was a bit worried about the daily trek to the mountain, but those fears were unfounded. The hotel car was there waiting for us every time we called and we never had to wait once for them to arrive. As with all the staff, every driver we had greeted us with a smile and a helping hand.

Without qualification this was one of our best hotel experiences ever, and we plan on going back soon.

Kudos to Tony, Adam and the entire staff, and thank you for wonderful trip.

Charles Dunne

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear CSDunne,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It was such a pleasure to read and share with the entire team. You detailed everything from beginning to end.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Jerome.

Anthony DiLucia
General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

While at the Hotel Jerome I preferred the older part of the hotel, the room seem to be larger and more rustic and very comfortable, The staff goes out of their way to make your stay as memorable as possible. I look forward to my next day at the Hotel Jerome

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Eric E
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Eric E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Hotel Jerome on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled we made made your stay memorable and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Huge, glorious, spacious room with a killer view of Ajax Mountain in Aspen. Warm bathroom with everything a girl could want including bath and shower. I was only there for one night on business and it was extremely wonderful from big fluffy towels to lots of space for my luggage and office to free room amenities. I truly wanted to stay in my room and watch the sun change on the mountain.

You are several blocks from skiing but the cowboys (and girls) out front will help you with skis etc...and everything you need is in the hotel. Food was great. Atmosphere - quiet in the morning and lively at night. Easy to find the fireplace for a quiet moment in the early morning.

Lots of good eating and shopping immediately near. I want to live in the Jerome.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stylelust
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Stylelust,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Hotel Jerome. We appreciate the lovely comments.

The next time you visit, you really have to stay more than one night so we can pamper you even more. It was a great joy to share your review with our team here at Hotel Jerome.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future to your new home.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I am not normally very effusive about hotels but this has to be a moment in time where a convergence of good design, great (and I mean really great) staff and all that you can want has been thought out in advance and catered for.
Concierge helped us with advance ski tickets and instructor. Advice given was just right. The drivers and cars to the mountain resorts and back were excellent. The front desk provided great assistance and information.
All decor in rooms and public spaces rooms was outstanding. Cosy but still luxurious. One wanted to hang out there.
But the jewel in the crown has to be the way in which virtually every member of staff goes above and beyond. We had a mess up with our skis and boots, all was resolved as quickly and effectively as possible with a view to minimizing any inconvenience to us. Everyone chipped in to help us get to our destination on time, equipped and ready to roll. I have nothing but praise and I will go out of my way to return. I hope others enjoy it as much as we did.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Twets,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor of your recent visit to Hotel Jerome.
I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your visit and we made your stay memorable. I am very proud of the Hotel Jerome team.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were greeted at the airport by their private shuttle service which was fantastic. We checked into our hotel at 9am! We had a beautiful room (although I think they all are!). The service was superb, amazing spa and restaurant. Fantastic food, great bar and excellent staff. This has to be in my top 5 for favourite places to stay.

1  Thank Caroline016

Dear Caroline016,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Hotel Jerome on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate it.

It was such a pleasure to share your review with the entire staff. I am very pleased we meet your expectations with our service in all areas and made your stay memorable! We look forward to welcoming you back to one of your top five favorite places to stay in the future.

Thank you again.