“Top Notch Aspen Resort”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Top Notch Aspen Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort for a business conference. It was top notch in every way, beginning with the driver who picked me up from the airport and gave me a nice overview of Aspen as well as suggestions for local restaurants, shopping and activities. All other hotel staff I encountered were equally as engaging and even took the time to remember my name. I appreciated the bellman who brought my bags to the room and gave me a nice overview of the amenities. One of the things I most appreciated was him setting up a humidifier in my room, as I was not yet adjusted to the high altitude and dry environment. Nice spa products in the bathroom and a mini bar stocked with complimentary snacks and beverages. The room was cleaned twice/day and there was a nice turndown service each evening. The bed was very comfortable and bed linens were high quality. The resort offered a complimentary car service for anywhere in the Aspen area. Food served in the conference area was great.
Beautiful views surround the building. If you have a chance, take advantage of an adventure tour such as mountain biking down Maroon Bells and/or hiking (both of which I enjoyed) or white water rafting, horseback riding or fly-fishing.
I have not stayed in a nicer resort and highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear kathmeyer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate all the lovely comments you wrote about the staff and the quality of service you experienced during your stay.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Jerome in the near future.

Anthony DiLucia
General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

What an amazing hotel! We went to the spa, spent time at J Bar and the main lounge. Service was exceptional. The room was well appointed and the après ski activity was active but not "sceney", which we preferred! They are very good at providing transportation and event help.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Aspen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed at every destination in Aspen over the last 10 years. You can find comparable accommodations in Aspen, but no one has better service than the Hotel Jerome. The quality of their staff can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Mike W
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here during a short ski trip to Aspen. Everything about this hotel was top notch. The location, service, atmosphere, history, and dining options were all excellent. If you're staying at this hotel, definitely take advantage of the free shuttle within town if you need a quick lift to any of the restaurants or the base area of AJAX (the base area of the other mountains is a small fee). If you decide to dine in the library area, I would recommend the onion rings, which in addition to being enormous, are really, really good. If I return to Aspen (and I hope to), I will also be returning to the Hotel Jerome!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff seemed to be trained to go out their way to be friendly and helpful. The hotel physically is extremely well-preserved and renovated; an 1850s treasure. I have suggested that heaters be installed in the bathrooms. Otherwise it is special.

Room Tip: Avoid an adjoining room in the old building. The connecting doors do let through a lot of noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Jerome for 5 days in March and frankly I don't have enough superlatives to do Tony, Adam and their fantastic staff justice.

Upon our arrival we were not only upgraded to a lovely suite, but the GM personally delivered a bottle of the hotel's high altitude elixir to our room after my wife let slip that she was feeling a bit woozy.

That was just the beginning of a week filled with truly great service. Throughout our stay every single member of the staff treated us such sincere kindness and exuberance that is was almost embarrassing. Adam, the assistant GM, was there to greet us at breakfast 7:00 am and again when we came back late in the evening after dinner. I am not sure when he slept but he was, always cheerful, upbeat and incredibly kind. With his endless helpful tips and interesting Aspen facts he truly made us feel like we were staying with friends.

Beyond the great staff, the Hotel itself was lovely. Our room had a kitchen and two bathrooms and even with our daily ski-wear explosion there were plenty of places to sit, read and lounge around. The bathrooms were beautiful, the products were nice and everything was spotless at all times.

Having spent a fair amount of time in Aspen I was a bit worried about the daily trek to the mountain, but those fears were unfounded. The hotel car was there waiting for us every time we called and we never had to wait once for them to arrive. As with all the staff, every driver we had greeted us with a smile and a helping hand.

Without qualification this was one of our best hotel experiences ever, and we plan on going back soon.

Kudos to Tony, Adam and the entire staff, and thank you for wonderful trip.

Charles Dunne

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear CSDunne,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It was such a pleasure to read and share with the entire team. You detailed everything from beginning to end.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Jerome.

Anthony DiLucia
General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

While at the Hotel Jerome I preferred the older part of the hotel, the room seem to be larger and more rustic and very comfortable, The staff goes out of their way to make your stay as memorable as possible. I look forward to my next day at the Hotel Jerome

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Eric E
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Eric E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Hotel Jerome on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled we made made your stay memorable and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Anthony DiLucia, General Manager, Hotel Jerome An Auberge Resort