Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshistorical hotellibrary barold westliving roomin townstayed in a junior suitemini barresort feebell staffhotel staffmain streetbeautiful roomluxury hotelaspen mountainturn down servicethe entire staffvisiting aspen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I decided on a get-away to Aspen. We put her family up in a nice condo, and chose to stay in a different hotel. After looking at all the available hotels, I selected the Hotel Jerome. Neither of us had ever been there and it looked nice and the review were very good.

We were met at the curb by a bellman, our car was taken to valet parking and or luggage was in our room by the time we got there. We were a bit early for check-in and they said that it would be a few minutes. We waited in the lobby and within a few minutes, the desk clerk came to us to tell us that our room was ready, and had a bellman offer us a quick tour on the way to our room.

The bellman said that our room, 317, a junior suite was one of the most requested at it and 315 both look out over Aspen Mountain and the pool. The bellman showed us the features of the room and even offered to plug in a humidifier for us.

The room was wonderful... it is spacious and well appointed. There is an iPad that allows you to order meal and such. The décor is nice and the bath is mostly well appointed. Housekeeping came in at least twice daily to check on the room, turn down the beds etc.

The hotel is located on Main street and central to almost everything in Aspen. We chose to walk around town many times, and there are several fine restaurants within a two block walk. Every we walked back in, the door was opened for us and the desk clerk greeted us by name.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and it was quite good. We were at both bars in the hotel, and were happy with both.

We used the car service and the valet service several times, and without exception, the drivers were safe, courteous and friendly. If we were told a driver would pick us up in 10 minutes, it was usually closer to 5 minutes that they would arrive.

Make no mistake, this is a historic hotel and it has that look and feel - it has been recently renovated, but don't go expecting a modern glass and steel tower.

There was a convention group of some sort here while we were, and we never heard anything from our room other than the occasional closing of the door to the room across the hall from us.

Overall, it was a great stay, and we will probably stay here again.

There were a few negatives, but only a few and relatively minor... I only noted them because I prefer to include any positives and negative in all my reviews.

First, the bathroom was great - my wife loved it, and for the most part I did too, but there was a bit of mold by the shower door (there is a separate tub and shower). There is a crack in the wall that was patched poorly, and is right at eye level when you are using the toilet. And while the robes and slippers were great, the towels left a bit to be desired. Not the rough ones you see at a lot of less expensive hotels, but not the large soft fluffy towels I expected.

Room Tip: Rooms 315 and 317 are junior suites and look out on both the pool and outdoor restaurant, and Aspen mountain.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wy0Traveller
Tony D, General Manager at Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear WyoTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to share your review with the entire team at Hotel Jerome.

I am thrilled you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we have to offer. I also appreciate the feedback regarding the bathroom.

I do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Jerome in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just wanted to let you know that my stay at the Hotel Jerome did not meet my standards and I felt it was important to share my feedback since I travel frequently and stay at some of the best hotels in the world.

For the cost of this hotel, I expect top notch service and fabulous accommodations.
I booked this while staying at the Esperanza is Cabo San Lucas and figured the caliber of hotel would be in the same ball park. I was wrong.

- Upon arriving at the hotel nobody offered to help us with our bags. In fact, we had to open the door to the hotel ourselves. A warm greeting in hospitality is very important.

- Check in was fine. No problems there but upon arrival to the room - our shower had gross tile and an almost broken flush to the toilet. This decor was beautiful but the bathroom really needed some attention.

- Your concierge service was some of the worst I've experienced. They made several mistakes that were noted by the hotel manager. For example, I asked for dinner reservations to be confirmed and never got a call back from them. When I called to check and see what the status was , they had no record of my request. I also asked them to set up an excursion and asked several times to verify I could do it for 2 hours only for cost purposes. Upon arriving at the actual excursion they said 4 hrs was the minimum. I was not going to disappoint my wife so I had to go ahead with it as a result though I ended up spending double what I wanted to pay.

- To top it off since the hotel felt bad about these mistakes - they decided to send a bottle of champagne to my room. This would of been a nice gesture BUT even with our do not disturb sign on - the hotel staff called us from the hallway to ask to be let it. We were sound asleep and not happy we were woken up.

- We had one meal at the hotel - which was some of the worst experience I've ever received. Granted it was the 4th of July - so the hotel was busy - the service was not acceptable for a hotel like this. I couldn't get coffee refilled and it took forever to get our food.

- On our ride to the airport - we also experienced major issues getting our luggage out of the car. Yes, it sounds crazy and I thought I would never experience such a thing, but it did happen. The driver they had assigned did not know how to open the trunk as there was some bike attachment. We had to stand there for 10 mins until my wife finally said that she was going to do it and opened it immediately. It was pretty frustrating to say the least.

I wanted to start to stay at Auberge Resorts more often and move away from Regis/Four Seasons but after my experience at Jerome I'm not so sure I will.

The service and accommodations at the Esperanza were spectacular. The Jerome has a lot of work to do.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ATraveler24

Dear ATraveler24,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you and working towards a resolution for your previous stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Jerome for the Aspen Ideas Festival. The renovation to the physcial plant is very nice. My room was great. I loved the western flare combined with technology. The food was very good and the service was fast and excellent. I am not sure how about the location in the winter but it was very well situated for summer walking. I would certainly go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear LovetravelChicago,

Thank you very much for the lovely review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to share your review with our team at Hotel Jerome.

Thank you also for mentioning our "Responsible Luxury" program which is one of our green features regarding the changing of our guests linens. It is very important to us at Hotel Jerome.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was probably one of the best weekends at a hotel I've ever had. The staff was so ridiculously accommodating I started to feel like I was staying with a bunch of friends. I ate every meal at the hotel because it was so good and the service surpassed any other restaurants I had previously experienced in the area. At one point the restaurant staff offered to walk my child around so I could have some quiet time enjoying my meal. I felt so welcomed and so special. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area. Its well located , the rooms are amazing. Every detail down the the comfy beds, to the free items in the mini bar were way above par. This hotel makes the Four Seasons look like a youth hostel. Make your booking now!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Matt B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your weekend with your daughter at Hotel Jerome.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly if we can assist with any future reservations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Thank you to the Hotel Jerome for the most perfect wedding weekend!
From the moment that Lachlan, the bellman unpacked the car, brought us to return our rental car and brought us back to the hotel while getting all my questions answered by various departments in the hotel, I knew that we were in good hands! the staff is so personable. Louise and Mattias at the J Bar will keep you entertained on a rainy day while making you fabulous cocktails.
The hotel is historic yet modern perfection! We felt as if we could stay forever after four nights, which included our wedding in the Grand Ballroom. Every single one of our wedding guests has been talking about how the event was absolute perfection. Thank you to Christine Follin for spending a year planning with us and making sure everyone was exactly how we wanted it.
My husband and I are now counting down the 362 days until we can return to the Hotel Jerome for our one year anniversary!
There is no other hotel in Aspen that embodies the historic spirit of the town while showering you in luxury!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel