“Friendlyness Abounds at the Jerome”

Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 September 2010

After reading all the good recs on TA, I chose Hotel Jerome for 2 nights at the beginning of our CO trip and 2 nights at the end of our trip. This is an historic property which made it all the nicer for us. We like upscale lodging and hotels with a history. This property fits that bill perfectly. Checked out the St Regis while we were there, and although lovely, its like so many other 5 star hotels we have stayed at. The Jerome was different in all good ways. Yes, its very Victorian is character, and if that is a turn-off, you would be best somewhere else. We stayed in a king suite ( room 317) and it was very large, extremely comfortable, quiet, had a great view overlooking the pool/outdoor patio area and the ski slopes beyond. Beds, as many reviewers note, are sooo comfortable and the large lounge chairs and ottoman in front of the TV are super comfy as well. More room and storage than 2 people could ever need, but we liked that a lot.

Bathroom is also large and well appointed. The one drawback there, at least for my 50-something eyes, was insufficient lighting at the mirror behind the sinks.

When we checked out after the first 2 nights, we asked (expecting this to be a long shot as the hotel was really full for the following Labor Day weekend) if we could have our same room on our return for our last 2 nights. Not only was this granted, we were able to check in about 2 hours early and management had a plate of yummy restaurant-baked cookies, with a welcome back note, waiting for us when we checked back in. Now, to me, that speaks volumes.

We did not eat in the main dining room, but our burger dinner from the J bar, was quite tasty. Also enjoyed a glass of wine on the patio with complimentary home-baked bread that was to die for - and our waitress was charming.

We had a rental car, which we were calling for fairly frequently, and, again, nothing but service with a smile.

Don't expect perfection, but do expect to be treated like royalty and once you've experienced the Jerome, be prepared to make this your go-to location is Aspen.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2010

We could rave about the historic building, the large comfortable rooms or the deal we found, but the staff here is the number one reason we would return. Every single staff member from the room attendant to the valet to the front desk to the coffee bar attendant went out of their way to make us feel comfortable, welcome, appreciated and pampered. The Hot Tub was awesome, loved Comcast in the room and the proximity to the Rio Grande Trail for our morning runs was great! Thank you Seth, Jim, Darren, Virginia, Matt and our room attendant!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

If you like older, historical charm, you will like this hotel. The rooms are very large with wonderful amenities such as the lovely spa soaps, lotion and shampoo. The available complimentary coffee and tea in the library was very convenient while leaving and returning to the hotel. The bed and bedding are very luxurious and cozy. The staff from the front door to the staff servicing the room was very accommodating and friendly. One of the favorite things.....lemon souffle' pancakes with raspberry sauce ! Yummmmm.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This was the first time in Aspen and we were in town for a wedding. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. We arrived around lunch which was before standard check in time yet the staff did everything they could to make us comfortable during our brief wait (we still got into the room 2+ hours before check-in). The valet gave us multiple lunch place recommendations (including the Jbar onsite) and arranged a place for our luggage. We chose to stay at the hotel and grab lunch in the Jbar which has a great atmosphere. The staff in both the hotel and Jbar were extremely friendly and exceeded our expectations. Definitely top notch service! The room was extremely spacious and comfortable (great beds!). The room was large enough for three women and all of our luggage to have plenty of space. The bathroom was gorgeous with soaking tub, large shower, double sinks, and plenty of room for the three of us. Also, we loved the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Although the Jerome isn't exactly the type hotel I would usually stay in, from the time I pulled up to the hotel, the staff made me feel like I belonged there. From the bellman at the front door who offered directions, the front desk who made me feel like they were expecting me, the bar/wait staff that made sure my drinks stayed cold and my food stayed hot to the hotel maid service that turned down my bed, laid out my slippers and tuned the radio to some soothing sounds each night, my stay at the Jerome couldn't have been more perfect. Throw in some incredible views and a couple of evenings by the pool/hot tub, I'd highly recommend the Jerome to anyone passing through Aspen. I only wish my stay could have been longer so I could have enjoyed some of the other amenities offered by the hotel. Definitely my hotel of choice next time I visit Aspen.

Oh yeah...absolutely the MOST COMFORTABLE bed I have ever slept in!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Hotel has a great (free) shuttle service. Valet service if needed, but you don't need a car in Aspen. Airport is a 10 min drive ($15 cab). Food is good, service is great. The door service is exceptional. Everyone at the Jerome went out of their way to make my stay a memorable one.

We took the opportunity to spend some time around the pool. The jacuzzi was very relaxing and all the guests were friendly. We watched a game of 2 on 2 water football that I'll never forget.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The staff truly do love the work they do. You can always tell a happy staff. Funny, helpful and knowlegeable group. We stayed with our young grandchildren, and I have to say it was a super experience for all of us. I love that the Hotel Jerome is so family friendly, and Dog Friendly also.
The rooms were large,very comfy and the rest of the Hotel was truly lovely. You walk in to some great Colorado History at this place. But more importantly you walk into a relaxed and fun enviroment. It's centrally located so the whole town is at walking distance for you. Tthe food is good, the service superb. And the front desk help is so much fun. Best be prepared to have your every want met! They do key in on GREAT service, and great fun.
I loved the deep tubs, the huge showers, and the very comfy beds. The fact that this is a Historic Hotel and still you have quiet rooms is a plus. I've stayed in some historic hotels where the walls are so thin you can hear everything that's going on in the hotel. But not here, it's quiet, relaxing, and a beautiful place. If you're going to Aspen, go to the Jerome, it is Aspen in all it's glory!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family