Motel 6 Denver East - Aurora
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Pros: clean, updated, convenient location; CHEAP.
Cons: some rooms are noisy; sheets are cheap.

This price was cheap enough that we could get our family of four adults three rooms instead of crowding into one suite. We just needed a place to sleep for 8 hours before hitting the road again. Except for a couple complaints, it worked well for that.

Let's get the complaints out of the way first...

One of the rooms was extremely noisy; the other two rooms did not have that complaint. In the noisy room, we heard people walking and running on the floor above us, some strange high-pitched noise, and the very loud AC unit -- one or the other of these happened every 20 minutes or so. If you're a sound sleeper or bring good earplugs, this might not be a problem for you.

The sheets were low-count thread and a bit scratchy. I ended up taking the pillow case off and sleeping on the bare pillow; it was much more comfortable like that.

Several of the characters in the lobby (including one guy who appeared to be the manager) looked kinda seedy, but the guy behind the desk was completely professional, even though he was having a very busy time on a sold-out night.

The positives...

The hotel has been updated recently; everything looked very clean and new. The quality of the materials are kind of cheap, but that doesn't affect how you sleep, does it?

It's just a couple miles off I-70; very easy to get to and get back on the road.

Rosie's Diner just out the front of the hotel serves a pretty good breakfast.

And last but not least, you just can't beat the price.

Room Tip: The odd-numbered room was the noisy one.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JS-n-KS
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We always stayed at another chain but had a bad experience en route; Motel 6 was our only option in this part of the city because it was pet-friendly. It has caused us to switch over to this company entirely. The people at the desk couldn't have been more helpful. They went beyond out of their way. We are so happy to know about Motel 6's amenities and will be frequent guests in other cities.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elmiragegranny
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I am used to the motel 6 with exterior access! This one is not like your typical Motel 6! It was completely remodeled and clean for the same price as other Motel 6's. Pets stay free! Wi-fi is 2.95 per day and not very speedy. There are 2 restaurants out front, one being Applebee's. Less than a mile away there is a Mall, Outback, Carrabba's, and Joe's Crab Shack. Over all very cheap and worth every cent!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roundthaworld
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I was skeptical of staying in this hotels due to previous reviews, but I always like to judge for myself. I also believe that usually only those who are disappointed write reviews.
The staff at the hotel was extremely friendly. The rooms were remodeled.. first time I slept all night through in a long time.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. One thing I always remember is that I usually go to a hotel to unwind and sleep. At the Motel 6 in Aurora, I did just that.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I have stayed at a number of Motel 6 properties and know what to expect. The staff was helpful, the room clean, and the basic amenities were included. The choice of restaurants in the area was very nice. I chose to purchase access to their wireless Internet ($2.99+tax) but found that it was almost unusable. I was able to check my email and check a couple of other sites, but the connection was so intermittent that any type of higher-bandwidth activities would have been impossible. I would imagine it was a hardware issue, and did mention it when I checked out, but I don't think the staff was knowledgeable enough to haved fixed the problem.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple