On Tues. of the week of yet another big US East Coast snow storm, I knew I was unlikely to get from SEA via DEN to DCA. Accordingly, I did a search for a hotel "at" the Denver airport. The most reasonably priced and what looked like the smartest choice was this hotel. Reserved.
As expected, UA canceled my flight from DEN - booked me via ORD to DCA which I knew wouldn't go so I worked it out to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn and a great choice did I make.
- Immaculate everwhere I look.
- HUGE room and bathroom and bathroom with lots of towels so that, not wanting my room cleaned so I could work on the first full morning of my stay, I didn't have to rely on housekeeping services.
- Extraordinary food. When I arrived, soon after 10 a.m., they'd stopped serving breakfast. I asked if there were anything I could get before the 11 a.m. lunch time and w/ NO hassles, I was offered anything I wanted (w/in their power of course!) for breakfast. Even a choice of bread types for toast! Last night's room service dinner was superb: a shrimp cocktail for $9 that had more shrimp than most any I've seen and it was excellent. The salmon entree, with barely steamed bok choy, and a side of excellent rice, was just the ticket. Lunch today - a club sandwich - ditto.
- Service that keeps on giving. Everyone has been great.
- Shuttle service was the only thing lacking a bit: the van was dirty and I couldn't see that it was for this hotel. Fortunately another van's driver helped me. It took some time for the pick up -- and it was colder outside than I'd planned. The driver was great - the ride long but then everything away from the terminal is. Will take it back and hope, tho' it stops at two other hotels on 'hotel row', gets me back in a timely way.
I didn't however pay attention to the bed info. at the front desk and wasn't told so my bed is hard as a rock! A bit of a surprise when I plopped down.
What I wish they had:
- bedside lamps with outlets;
- magnifying mirror in bathrooms;
- handrail on opposite of tub. (It's on the side where the showerhead is which is also where the toilet is so...you can't use it to exit the tub. Someone wasn't thinking!)
Two days and nights here and I feel safe and sound and am comfortable. Their pantry is well-equipped and tho' I didn't ask, I bet if I'd wanted some fresh whole fruit, I could've gotten it from the kitchen. (It would be a nice option to have.)
Rooms have 'fridges and microwave ovens. Temp control is somewhat finicky - it seems to get too hot if heat is on - but not a reason not to stay.
I am grateful to have been here and know I made an excellent choice tho' I'll be glad to finally get back to DCA on Sat.
Yes, in a heartbeat, I'd stay at this particular HGI again, and I'd try others with a hope they'd be THIS good.
Thanks to the hotel and its staff for making this not the worst unexpected-ish layover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver International Airport/Gateway Business Park located 7 miles from the Denver Airport. 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle service. Easy access to I-70, 225, E470 or take the A-Line Train to downtown $4.50 each way to experience all of Denver's attractions. Garden Grille Restaurant onsite open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening room service and bar. Ted's Montana Grill, Applebee's, Einstein Bagel share the parking lot with the hotel. Across the street Uno's Chicago Grill, Outback Steakhouse, Anthony's Pizza, Urban Sombrero, to name a few of the restaurants. Improv Comedy Club, Northfield, Cherry Creek, Aurora Town Center, and Southlands shopping facilities and things to do in Aurora/Denver close by. Whether you're in town for meetings or on a vacation, you'll find everything you need at this Denver International (DEN) Airport hotel. Save on lot fees with our 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle, See our special offers page for additional savings. Park n Fly packages available! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport Hotel Aurora
- Hilton Garden Inn Aurora
- Aurora Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Aurora