“MORE than any old port in a storm”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“MORE than any old port in a storm”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

On Tues. of the week of yet another big US East Coast snow storm, I knew I was unlikely to get from SEA via DEN to DCA. Accordingly, I did a search for a hotel "at" the Denver airport. The most reasonably priced and what looked like the smartest choice was this hotel. Reserved.

As expected, UA canceled my flight from DEN - booked me via ORD to DCA which I knew wouldn't go so I worked it out to stay at this Hilton Garden Inn and a great choice did I make.

- Immaculate everwhere I look.
- HUGE room and bathroom and bathroom with lots of towels so that, not wanting my room cleaned so I could work on the first full morning of my stay, I didn't have to rely on housekeeping services.
- Extraordinary food. When I arrived, soon after 10 a.m., they'd stopped serving breakfast. I asked if there were anything I could get before the 11 a.m. lunch time and w/ NO hassles, I was offered anything I wanted (w/in their power of course!) for breakfast. Even a choice of bread types for toast! Last night's room service dinner was superb: a shrimp cocktail for $9 that had more shrimp than most any I've seen and it was excellent. The salmon entree, with barely steamed bok choy, and a side of excellent rice, was just the ticket. Lunch today - a club sandwich - ditto.
- Service that keeps on giving. Everyone has been great.
- Shuttle service was the only thing lacking a bit: the van was dirty and I couldn't see that it was for this hotel. Fortunately another van's driver helped me. It took some time for the pick up -- and it was colder outside than I'd planned. The driver was great - the ride long but then everything away from the terminal is. Will take it back and hope, tho' it stops at two other hotels on 'hotel row', gets me back in a timely way.

I didn't however pay attention to the bed info. at the front desk and wasn't told so my bed is hard as a rock! A bit of a surprise when I plopped down.

What I wish they had:
- bedside lamps with outlets;
- magnifying mirror in bathrooms;
- handrail on opposite of tub. (It's on the side where the showerhead is which is also where the toilet is so...you can't use it to exit the tub. Someone wasn't thinking!)

Two days and nights here and I feel safe and sound and am comfortable. Their pantry is well-equipped and tho' I didn't ask, I bet if I'd wanted some fresh whole fruit, I could've gotten it from the kitchen. (It would be a nice option to have.)

Rooms have 'fridges and microwave ovens. Temp control is somewhat finicky - it seems to get too hot if heat is on - but not a reason not to stay.

I am grateful to have been here and know I made an excellent choice tho' I'll be glad to finally get back to DCA on Sat.

Yes, in a heartbeat, I'd stay at this particular HGI again, and I'd try others with a hope they'd be THIS good.

Thanks to the hotel and its staff for making this not the worst unexpected-ish layover.

Room Tip: I paid a bit extra for a mountain view .. it helps. I also moved the desk chair to look out the wind...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMGIAN, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience. Thank you, Sincerely Gian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is convenient to DIA and provides up to 30 days parking while you travel away from Denver for a very reasonable price. Room price seemed a little high but they have several discounts available which helped.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GMGIAN, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review your recent visit with us. Your feedback is important for us to continue to improve on our product and service. GM
Sevierville, TN
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights for business. Close proximity to airport. Several restaurants within walking distance. Very clean. Furnished extremely nicely. Lobby is comfortable with a breakfast restaurant and a small bar in the evenings. Fireplace with couches for lounging too. Kuerig coffee in the room, free wifi, and lots of tv channels to include a few premium movie channels. I will certainly stay here again if visiting Aurora. My only complaint is the sleep number mattress did not work. No big deal. Mattress was also a memory foam and was very comfortable. Did not take away from my sleep.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMGIAN, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We truly value your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and look forward to your future visits. GM
Port Orange, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Great place to stay and get shuttled to the airport.Breakfast was delicious. Staff was very friendly and ready to assist. Weekend rates are considerably less expensive as this is a business oriented hotel during the week.Proximity to the airport only 10 minutes to the door but no noise from the jets.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to your future visits with us. GM
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great hotel to stay at to catch an early flight and leave your car. Convenient shuttle service to Denver airport Excellent rooms and service. Very quiet. Much better room rates on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We value your feedback and look forward to servicing you in the future. GM
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This hotel, like others near it, is handy to Denver Airport. The rooms are generous and the common areas (lobby, bar, eating areas) are inviting. It was very relaxed. The pool and fitness areas were very well maintained and it was easy to catch shuttle from the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experiences with us. We value your opionion and look forward to your visits in the future. GM
Winchester VA
Reviewed 30 January 2014

First of all, it's yet another disappointing HGI in decline. The decline is mostly subtle, so it's still an OK property. It's terribly far from the airport, and I was disappointed that they share an airport shuttle with other hotels in the boondocks of Aurora. I suppose it makes sense, but I was inconvenienced, as the shuttle left the airport and turned around to pick up other passengers who were waiting, one of whom was angry, arrogant and foul in his language to the poor driver. There's nothing fundamentally wrong about this place. The staff was fine and relatively cordial. Food? At 9 p.m. I ordered room service to find that they were out of my top three choices.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing. GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!