“Hilton Garden Denver airport”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Ames, Iowa
“Hilton Garden Denver airport”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is one that I have no idea how it got a good user rating on here. At check in there was a customer that asked for an upgrade due to his diamond status. The clerk wasn't very polished and merely said we have lots of frequent guests, if you want a bigger room pay for it when you book. Yikes. So I check in and head straight to bed as I had been awake far too long and an hour later the guy at the front desk calls and says, are you smoking in there? I responded no, and he said the people below me complained so thought it was me, and reminded it is a non smoking hotel, great because I don't like smoking hotels. That came off as rude, I went to the bathroom after I got woken up and off the phone and I could smell smoke. Prolly the HVAC systems sucking from outside, at work if people smoke by the loading dock certain conference rooms smell. Oh well. Also the place was I thought on the expensive side, the occupancy didn't seem to suffer so good for them unless they dump rooms on priceline or something, I can't see why people would pay so much to stay here. As with the brand I think breakfast is not free, and didn't like that mouth wash was missing in the bathroom. I don't get how places can waste so much on in room coffee but can't offer mouth wash that prolly costs 10 cents if bought in bulk. Especially at an airport property, not like you can pack a bottle when you travel. I try to say something nice always. The room and bathroom were not super small, and liked that it had a mini fridge and microwave. Last time in Denver I stayed somewhat close to the airport at a much worse property, but was much more satisfied because the staff was super nice, made you feel special, and even using what they had a better than average experience. I looked at booking that again, but due to this being a mere 50 cents cheaper and having a better user rating on trip advisor chose this hotel. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
GMGIAN, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing. If you would contact me I would like to make this right.

Gian (John)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
La Junta, CO
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Sometimes you just don't want to go out, and at the Garden you don't have to. The breakfast buffet was kept fresh, the scrambled eggs were actually good and the sausage was great. The staff is always friendly.
We arrived on a Sunday, left the car with them for ten days, then stayed again on a Thursday. Both times at the bar the drinks were nicely strong. The rooms were clean. The check-in time was superbly fast and friendly.
Weekends cost less than weekdays. There are a lot of motels in this area, I've stayed in two others, but I'll be coming back to this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and appreciate your review of our Garden Grille Breakfast. It is truly a good value in our market. Although our breakfast in not included in your stay, there are several options that allow you to add it to your existing reservations. Be sure to ask for the Bed & Breakfast Package. Our breakfast includes hot and cold items, fresh whole and sliced fruit, yogurt, hot and cold cereal (grits), juices, milk, toast, danish, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, daily special (buscuit & gravy, egg sandwich, breakfast burrito to name a few), eggs cooked to order, omlettes, pancakes, waffles and French toast A very hearty American Breakfast!
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near the Denver airport twice this year on business. The hotel is aimed at convenience for the business traveler. It is close to the airport and has a free shuttle service. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. In-room amenities include Neutrogena bath products and Keurig coffee/tea service. Just across the parking lot, you'll find an Einstein Bros Bagels- perfect for grabbing a morning cup of joe and a light breakfast or lunch, an Applebee's, and a Ted's Montana Grill. Within walking distance, there is also a 7-11, Uno's Pizzeria, Thai and Mexican restaurants. If you don't want to go out, you can dine in their lobby restaurant or order room service. The meeting facilities are ample and there is a pool and a workout room. But the best part of any stay is lounging in the evening around the outdoor firepit. Grab a drink from their small lobby bar and take it outside to sip on and relax under the stars. Don't forget to stop by the front desk and ask for a coupon- two drinks for the price of one!

Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I needed to stay near the airport because of a 6am flight. Like all Garden Inns seem to be anymore, it was clean with nice ammenities. No complaints and i would stay again and recommend highly. It is just a few minutes by shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Denver, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The staff was top notch! Front desk assisted me as via phone and guided me through the airport to the shuttle. The breakfast waitress was the sweetest most kind person I have ever met, and was just what I needed during a long scary business trip! The fire pit/patio was so relaxing after a very long day! Room were beautiful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking time our of your busy schedule to review the HGI Denver Airport. We truly value your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience

Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I spent a night here between flights. We picked it as it had a shuttle to the airport and our past excellent experience in a HGI in Salt Lake City. The reason I had trouble with this review was that although the room was fine and the bed was comfortable, the service in the restaurant was incredibly slow, and it was not the fault of the one staff member they had in the restaurant. Because the hotel was having a large dinner in another room in the hotel, they must have stripped out all available staff, leaving one poor waitress, not only to handle to dining area but also, incredibly, she had to deliver room service. This is a direct reflection on the management of the hotel to allow for such poor staffing which reflected badly on customer service. When I mentioned it the next morning to the person at the front desk in the morning, she really couldn't have cared less, and her attitude reflected it. Perhaps it was the end of her night shift as we checked out before 6am. The end story, is we gave the restaurant waitress a generous tip, because she did the very best she could, after being put in a difficult position by hotel management.

Room Tip: Before you book, ask them if they're having a banquet the evening you intend to arrive. If they...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMGIAN, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Kalispell
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have never slept in a bed in worse condition. I was put in a handicap room to begin my say. The bed was so bad I had to request a new room. The front desk attendant assured me I would be moved to a new room. Upon returning later that day, no one was aware of my request and had to wait to be re-assigned to a new room. This bed was slightly better. However, the bleach of the bedding was toxic.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I apologize that the bed was not up to expectations and that you did not get a good nights rest. The Garden Sleep System bed is signature amenity of Hilton Garden Inn. The all-foam mattress features an air-baffle system which inflates or deflates per guest preference and we apologize it didn't work for you. Please contact me at the hotel so that I may get further details and take care of your stay. I want to honor our Guarrantee Promise!

Gian (General Manager)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport? Share your experiences!