Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
US$138
US$250
US$168
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2011

They were very accommodating to our request for a room away from families with children since we were hauling a snowmobile and didn't want 'little fingers' touching and getting hurt.
We had a room in the back and felt it was peaceful and secure. The kitchenette was a nice added touch. We had a pizza delivered (which was reasonable and delicious) and was able to utilize the dishes that are supplied. Had a small coffee maker with only one package of coffee so my husband and I had to fight for it. The a/c unit was a little noisy but it was something I could live with. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from children and they were able to accommodate us which was appreciated.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lnjjacob
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We loved the clean room, full fridge and microwave. The staff was courteous and helpful in giving us directions to nearby locations. Good restaurants in the vicinity and a block from the interstate.

Room Tip: The handicap-accesible room and parking stalls near the office was appreciated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We checked in on 6/28/2011 and checked out 7/5/2011. If there had been any other hotel/motel open to accommodate us we would have never stayed at Homestead at all. Following is a list of all the problems:
Our original reservation was for a 2 bed suite and a single queen room and we were to arrive on 6/27/2011, but I called on 6/25/2011 and informed Homestead that we would not be arriving until 6/28/2011 and was told “no problem” BIG LIE!! When we arrive on the 28th the single queen reservation was OK, the suite had been cancelled. The person I spoke with changed the reservations on one of the rooms but not on the second room. I gave the person both reservation numbers. I was sent emails confirming the change on both rooms….however the person I spoke with and sent me the email only changed the reservation on one room. When we didn’t show up on the 27th I was charged a “no show” and the room was cancelled. When I first arrived the young man at the front desk was totally uncooperative. He did not try to help me out in any way. The front desk manager, Amanda, was a little more helpful and found us a room. She found a 2 bed suite that we could have. We had to wait to check in until past 5 PM as neither of the rooms were ready when we arrived at about 3:30 PM. The single queen room was a palace compared to the suite. The place reeked of cigarette smoke the whole time we were there, although we had requested a non-smoking unit. The single queen carpets were filthy!! After showering and walking on the floors and carpet my feet had to be washed before I was able to go to bed. There was very little silverware, no spoons at all. The air conditioner leaked water the whole time. The fridge also leaked water. Everything on the shelf got wet. If we turned the fridge up everything froze. Now on to the suite…. the sofa bed was broken and there were no linens for the bed. There was trash behind the bed and sofa bed. There were cracker crumbs in the mattress of the sofa bed. There were flies all over the room. When we complained about the sofa bed and the filth we were told they had a new sofa bed and would put it in the suite. They also said they would clean the suite. When we left that morning there were dead flies on the counter top and when we returned (after they had done a good cleaning) there were still dead flies on the counter in the same spot. They did not have a new sofa bed so the children had to sleep on a broken bed again. Each day we were told that they would replace the sofa bed, which was never done. Again the carpets were filthy, ones feet turned black after walking across the carpet barefoot. The carpet was thread-bear. The shower curtain rod fell down. The door was very hard to open. The iron on its lowest setting scorched clothes and the coating on the iron came off on the clothing. The refrigerator leaked. There was no closet door. There were holes in the screens. There was no filter for the coffee pot. There was no cook ware and no utensils. When we went to trade our towels for fresh towels we had to wait until 9:15 PM. When we asked how we were suppose to give our babies baths and dry them the desk clerk said “just use hand towels”. When we checked in we were told that we would have housekeeping on Saturday. The single queen did get housekeeping that day, however the suite NEVER did get housekeeping.
The ONLY reason we stayed is because there was a girls softball tournment and all other places were booked.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4-5 days because of the proximity to my mother's house. It is a hotel that also rents by the month (or longer term) and there were a lot of "residents" that had small grills and lawn chairs outside their doors, etc. The rooms have a small kitchen in them with a full-size refrigerator that was very noisy day and night. The rooms were OK, but the general feeling was we were staying in a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Wound up staying here in my quest for semi-affordable lodging during my project in Aurora. Rates are reasonable, and that's about it. The room was small, the shower was moldy, there was crud on the drawer-pulls and cabinet handles from, presumably, the Reagan administration.

Called the front desk and asked them to have someone clean the shower and cabinet funk, they said they'd have someone do it the next day. Cool. I went to work the next day and came back to the property late in the afternoon, nothing had been done.

Went down to the front desk hoping to get a PDF of a shipping label printed (and see why they hadn't cleaned the room). The first person who tried to print the label (it was on a USB keychain drive) was friendly, but computer illiterate. The second person made up some kind of cockamamie story about how their laser printer wouldn't be able to print the file correctly.... utter BS, and then asked me to email the PDF to them and she would see if the manager could print it. Did that... the manager received the file, and then --not in person-- suggested that I go the PUBLIC LIBRARY to print my shipping label. Not very business friendly.

Asked why my room hadn't been looked at. All I got was "sorry".

I checked out the following morning. They adjusted my rates to remove any weekly discount I was getting.

Parking sucks, and all the rooms are open to the outside (Motel), didn't feel very safe when I stayed there.

The internet was slower than the second-coming.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business