“Stinks like smoke...welcome to the ghetto!”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Denver, Colorado
“Stinks like smoke...welcome to the ghetto!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed here for a job interview the following morning. Non-smoking room smells horribly of stale cigarettes. Room is not updated and very dingy. The bed is loosely made with no top cover, just sheets. I'm a little afraid to touch anything. Carpet feels sticky. The only thing in here made within the past 10 years is the tv. Random scruffy kids wandering around in the parking lot. I feel sorry for anyone staying here longer than one night!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Denvervice
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a blanket and your room smelled of smoke. In response to your feedback, I am going to go over our room standards as well as cleaning procedures with the staff, ensuring we provide clean and fully-stocked rooms to all of our guests.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ilf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado City, Colorado
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The rooms I saw on-line were nothing like the room we stayed in. It was supposed to be a non smoking and there were butts everywhere, along with stains on the couch and the bed skirt. The smell was BAD!!! Could not even sleep with the windows closed because it was so bad. We didn't even walk around the room without our shoes off. In the bathroom the door had what looked like pee stains, it was NASTY!!! Room 371 DO NOT STAY IN!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AlwaysTellTheTruth27
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The problems you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed all issues with my housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ilf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We are currently staying at this location, everything's good, the best person at the front desk is Bill, he is very helpful and actually makes sure that you don't need anything else before you leave or get off the phone. Our room is nice, good location, surprisingly quit, only had one night where I heard commotion in the middle of the night. Our room had everything that we needed in it when we got there. Very happy obviously, still staying here.. : )

Room Tip: Any questions or accommodations, talk to Bill.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great and positive review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Extended Stay America Denver Aurora South. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Deltaville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The staff in the office is first class! They have tried to make the rooms look nice, but, the carpet is very dirty and worn. The lament on the cabinets are bubbling and pealing off. One of our rooms did not have a coffee pot or utensils. The location was very convenient. The staff members are the true shinning stars.

Room Tip: Talk to Bill
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room was not what you expected. We are constantly working on getting better and making changes that will put us where we should be. Our Guest Services Staff is so vital to our property and it is wonderful that they took great care of you. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ilf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.
Hawaii Kai, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We credit the hotel personnel for tending to all of our needs. With one front desk staff on the weekend to accommodate 138 guests, they amazingly are able to get to everyone's needs. It is as clean and well maintained as any 15 year old hotel at which we we have stayed. The kitchenette is great; we cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast, cheeseburgers for lunch, and steak for dinner. If you would rather eat out, Texas Roadhouse and Boston Market are across the street. There is also a Mexican restaurant that serves great margaritas across the way. The hotel also offers a grab-and-go breakfast that includes coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit, muffin, instant oatmeal, and breakfast bars. The breakfast ends promptly at 9:30 am. There are no restaurants in the hotel, however I rate the restaurants in the area excellent. Same with the swimming pool; there is no pool on the property, but use of the nearby Bally's fitness was awesome (which includes use of cardio-machines, weights, whirlpool, and swimming pool was included for the duration of the stay).

Room Tip: We liked our clean and quiet room on the 2nd floor. We didn't mind having to use the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christian S
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have stayed at this location off and on for the last 3 years and the staff is Very AMAZING!!! They are always extreamly accommedating and friendly. I cannot believe the value of what i get for the ridiclously low rate i pay. My last day I was saddend to hear that Pam, the manager, was leaving to another location but i will continue to be loyal to this hotel, although i do plan to go and visit her because I am sure that any hotel she works at will be top notch. Again I would like to thank the entire staff for their hospitality. Every single employee is perfect for customer service.

Room Tip: Ask the Front desk and they will put you in the right spot for you
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
We just recevied a copy of your review of your most recent stay with us. First, thank you very much for your business, we truly appreciate it. Secondly, thank you very much for the kind words about the service that is provided by our associates. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to the next time your travels brings you back to Aurora.
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

I Stay here often when working. I am a bounty hunter and for safety reasons don't stay at home while on cases.. The Management are Awsome as well as the staff... Rooms are clean. And if you need something they try and take care of it fast.. This hotel is much better then most in this hotel chain... Maybe because the managers care and check all the rooms b4 check In...

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ladytraviler
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write a review reflecting your stay with ESA Aurora South. The staff and I are very pleased to hear that we took good care of you and all our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We always look forward to your return.