Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived after a morning of flight delays to be told our room wasn't ready. We came back an hr later and hauled our suitcases up the stairs only to open the door and be horrified. We got a non smoking room which stunk of cigarette and there were burn marks all over the couch, bed, table and kitchen bench. The bed was unmade, covered in dust balls and disgustingly dirty. The floor was filthy and look liked it hadn't been vacuumed at all in months. The bathroom was also dirty to the point where white porcelain was brown. We left after 5 mins and even the door wouldn't shut. Do not stay here its horrible. We checked in next door to the Marriot for $60 more and it was beautiful by comparison.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Catherine - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we checked you into a dirty room, causing you unnecessary problems. Please accept my apology. I met with the staff, and we will be inspecting every room prior to a guests arrival to ensure that occurrence is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

I invite you to contact me, at ilf@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was moving to Aurora, CO and needed a hotel room for the night before I was able to move into my apartment. This hotel was both close to my new apartment, and they accepted pets with a $25 per night pet fee. The first room given to me smelled of a combination of smoke and mildew, had not been updated since it was first built, and had not been well maintained (the bathroom tile grout was more black than white, and there were 6 cigarette burns that I could immediately see). Mind you, I reserved a nonsmoking room. I moved into a 2nd room which had all the same problems, but the smell wasn't as bad, and the bathroom tile grout wasn't as black either. The ONLY reason I didn't go next door to the Fairfield Inn and Suites was that they don't accept pets. I was in such a hurry to get out of that room I kept forgetting things. The front desk manager offered to take 50 percent off of my bill, though I still had to pay the $25 pet fee. It's funny...they charge a $25 pet fee for rooms that are dirty, smelly, in disrepair, and whose only modern update has been the TV? I am a travel agent and I would lose my job if I ever recommended a hotel as disgusting and run-down as this one is.

Room Tip: Finding a good room is easy...just do NOT stay here. Stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites next door...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank joel n
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Joel - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the room condition is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is currently in process of deep cleaning rooms and we have had many updated with new carpet over the past month. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ilf@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I don't know if our arrival time got us one of the last rooms left, but that is no excuse for what we experienced. There was a hole in the bathroom door, holes in the carpet, and a whole bunch of other cosmetic changes that needed to be made. We had to request extra bedding for the sofa sleeper as none was provided in the room. We had one wash cloth for three people. This was a nightmare. I do have to say at checkout, we were provided with a free stay for a later date. But seriously, I don't know if we'll ever use it.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank cdm64
Mentone, California
Reviewed 7 September 2013

After driving for 15 days, business demanded we spend a couple of days. Extended Stay America needs help. The room was far from perfect, but our needs were met. The ADA Handicapped room worked. We were glad to get on the road again and finally get home two days later.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am happy to hear that your needs were met.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ilf@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosingour hote. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The rooms where not what I reserved and three other people had the same problem while I was waiting for a resolution to the problem then when I get to the room the safety latch was not on the door then found out that the toilet was plugged and no plunger in the room. Found hair in the bed between the sheets.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank billyboy12344
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stained mattresses No mattress cover
Air conditioner sounds like a jet when operating
Ripped bar stools
Dirty stove top and microwave
Bath tile and toilet have mold
Breakfast is minimal and runs out quickly

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Nanafrys11
Glendale
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed here for 8 days, and got a really great price on a week. When we arrived, we were shown our room, told that this room has been re-carpeted and painted. The room, kitchen facilities and bathroom did look very good. The bed was good and firm. However, we soon ran into sloppiness and details ignored. The window curtain rod was broken and the curtain would not close completely and looked bad. That got repaired 3 days later. The lower left hand dresser drawer would not roll properly and got stuck. I managed to temporarily repair the roller that was on that drawer. The drain in the bathroom sink leaked and we ended up getting a bucket to put under it dropping on the floor. That never got repaired while there. There were no cooking pots, except a very small fry pan. My key to open my room door would not work every night for 4 days and I had to go to the desk to redo my key to open the door. That did finally get fixed. The heater on the thermostat would not work, as the AC would not shut off. That did get fixed after 3 days. They did not have any more cooking material to provide us. The last straw to all of this was my wife was preparing dinner and the plates and dishes turned out to be dirty. Finally, they ran out of instant oatmeal the last 4 days that we were there. Now, I will say that the people at the desk did try to help resolve these problems, and that was very much appreciated. But, it was not at all what I was used to with Extended Stay Hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business