“Worst Hotel I've Ever Stayed At”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel has the potential to be fine. The rooms are laid out efficiently and have adequate space. BUT THEY ARE NOT CLEAN! There was hair everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, on the towels. The sheets had red spots on them and did not smell clean. There were fast food remains in the closet and the kitchen area was just plain unclean. Housekeeping staff is pathetic. This hotel is very inexpensive and I didn't expect to be amazed, but cleanliness is something that is totally within the hotels ability to control. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BoulderLivin
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ilf@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very clean well kept up no dishes in room . Have to get yourself any more. Like the young man, not the manager. he was outright funny. Price very good. Better TV then most hotels. Internet had issues of getting on. Safe place to be in .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The crestwood suites off of Harvard st. Aurora CO. Is a place I can rely on all the time. They are very friendly and also understanding. The service is also outstanding. I would recommend this place for any family s or individuals who are looking for a safe place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Shelbybebe
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the extended stay on Evans in Aurora CO for one night. The associate was extremely friendly and did a great job of checking is in. We had someone try and enter the room shortly after midnight, thanks goodness for the interior locks. Also we had a domestic dispute going on for a couple of hours in the early morning hours. The room was clean and the location was very good. If it was not for the noise it would have been a good place to stay. One final note I had a problem with a room at an Extended Stay in Billing last summer. They promised me a free room at anyone of their establishments but did not follow through.
O

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Shawn N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Aurora South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Shawn – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and our staff to be friendly. I am also happy that you enjoyed our convenient location. Still, I apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced from other guests. As well, I am sorry for the billing troubles you encountered. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please contact me, at ilf@extendedstay.com, if you’d like to speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I've stayed at this place before w my boyfriend to have date nights & for the price it was nice. But after our most recent stay here, we were sadly disappointed! The blankets were dirty, stains on the walls that would've taken minutes to wipe down, bathtub hadn't been cleaned & had hair all over, there were items left in the room from the previous guests under neath the bed, fridge & trash can. It was so noisy from ppl in the rooms next to us that we had to blare our own tv in order to hear.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cynthia m
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our first night in Denver at the start of a 5 week road trip. Very basic room, quite old and scruffy. Friendly and good office staff. The hotel looks as though it is being used for displaced or homeless families, giving it a most unusual appearance for visitors.

Quite a long trek for public transport links to downtown Denver. Average at best really.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John L
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We changed our reservation to 1 day earlier and they were very helpful. When we arrived the first person we met was Andre and he was nice and very professional. Everyone we have met here has been great. I read these other reviews and wonder what these people expect. I have traveled rather extensively in my lifetime, and for a few years I literally lived in these types of hotels. I realize that this is not a 5 star hotel but i am also not paying 5 star prices. On arrival our room was clean and is very functional for what we need. So far it has been a very quiet and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business