“Our home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Colorado Springs
“Our home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

My husband and I travel often. We live in Colorado Springs but fly out of Denver Int'l airport due to price and connections. We usually take several trips a year and stay at the Denver Marriott at Gateway Park and have done so for over 10 years. We are always treated well and many of staff know us by name. We feel so comfortable there that we do call it our home away from home. We like to go to Denver the afternoon or evening before our flight leaves in order to miss early morning rush hour traffic and all the stress that goes along with wondering if you're going to make it to the airport on time. I would suggest this approach for anyone in outlying areas of Colorado who fly out of DIA. The Marriott provides an excellent shuttle service and on weekends, depending on the length of your trip, it is actually less expensive to leave your car there and take the shuttle than it is to park at DIA in the covered parking garage. The shuttle runs every half hour, on the hour and the half hour; and it is only a short 15 min. ride. You also don't need to call when your flight arrives to get the shuttle, as with some of the other hotels. The rooms are very nice, always spotless and the beds and linens are absolutely wonderful. The lobby area has very recently been totally renovated. The dining room and room service is great. Although there are many restaurants within walking distance, we usually order room service due to the quality of the food and the convenience of not having to go out. Usually our meal is delivered in about 20 minutes, so there isn't a long wait. We don't really use the pool or work out area so I can't comment on that. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We haven't had a bad room so can't offer any suggestions here. But will add that when parki...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James P, Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Deb,
Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in taking care of our guests and it feels great to hear that you have been enjoying our Hotel and services for 10 years now. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We were there for a conference from Friday to Sunday. The accommodations, services and food were excellent. A great place to stay with airport shuttle. I would recommend this hotel for a great airport meeting place

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
John M,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you make the Denver Airport Marriott your future home for more meetings.
Pinehurst, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I recently had the pleasure to stay at this marriott for a business conference. What a GREAT experience. The lobby with it's warming effect with fireplace-awesome. Also GREAT breakfast area and cozy lounge. Amazed at the meeting rooms they have and our clint had a reception in back rooms that you "hit it outta the park"-Excdellent food!! Again-will always put you as my first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Chuckoloy,
On behalf of the Staff at the Denver Airport Marriott, I would like to thank you for being our guest. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken the time to complete a survey.
Salem, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on business. Very nice room. Got a great deal online, so worth staying at. Did get stuck in a handicap room where shower was a pain. Everything else was pretty much the same. Just on business, so not a real big deal. Had a restaurant, but not inviting enough to try. Not very casual looking.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times but not in the past year because their price is always higher than the other hotels in the area. For some reason I just thought I would give it another try and use the park and fly rate since I was leaving from DIA.. My biggest problem was although they have remodeled the lobby/restaurant/bar area nothing has been done in the hotel rooms which are starting to look very dated. The hair dryer in my room did not work so I was thankful that I had one with me. I also requested extra pillows and never got them. I just think for the price the room should be in better shape and the remodel money should have been used by updating them. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which is right next to the Marriott and their price is lower and the rooms are much nicer and have just been remodeled.

Room Tip: There is really no view so I guess any room you choose is okay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

By far the best hotel close to the airport. The staff was welcoming and the rooms were updated. There are plenty of hotels to choose from in the area, this one is the best. The shuttle service is convenient and the driver was friendly. The work out facility is one of the better ones as well. If you need a great airport hotel, I recommend the Marriott Gateway.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, the room clean, the bed comfortable, and the hotel close to a great restaurant. The fact that regular Marriotts now have free wifi is a huge bonus. I used the gym, which was a typical hotel gym, but big enough. Room service was good and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
aloft Denver International Airport
Homewood Suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!