“A perfect stay, great staff!!”

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. Never wrote a review for the first time, but I can say my experience this time is much like the first. So the quality of my experiences here are consistent.

Like the last time, I got bumped off (voluntarily) from an oversold flight and United Airlines put me up here for the night. I was most pleased when I found out I was staying here again! I phoned the hotel and the guy on the phone gave me clear directions on where to go to pick up the shuttle and when to expect it. The drivers of the shuttle both coming and going were really nice and helped me with my carry on bag. Going, the driver (can't recall his name, but it begins with the letter "Y" and he drove me to the hotel on the evening of May 26th) was very friendly and good to everyone on the van. He gave out water bottles to those who wanted them and was careful with everyone's bag's. Best yet, he assured me they recycle the water bottles! The next morning on May 27th, the driver to the airport, Mohammed, was equally nice and did his job well.

The check in staff were great! I wish I would remember the names of people there better! The guy who checked me in was friendly as well and we even cracked jokes as he got me set up! Knowing I was bumped off a flight, he asked me if I had a toothbrush and toothpaste. I didn't as it was in my checked bag, at the time en route to my final destination. He said "No problem, hang on a sec" and returned with a toothbrush and small toothpaste packet for me! Nice that it saved me some trouble!

The room was top notch! Not a thing wrong with it! It was clean and very well kept. The halls between the rooms are very nicely decorated and clean as well. A nice business desk inside had everything I needed and the WiFi worked fine.

I ate at the restaurant, "Fire and Spice" I think it was called. The service was great and fast. My waiter on the evening of the 26th of May was chatty and even talked about having been in my hometown. The food itself was great! Beware though, the portion size was a lot larger than I thought it would be. It was a little pricy however, not the most expensive I've seen for a hotel, but still a tad pricy. On the other hand, I had an airline voucher that paid for it.

The neighborhood around the hotel, Gateway Park, is very safe and well-kept. A 7-11 convenience store is a couple blocks away if you need something there. In addition, you have many other restaurants such as an Applebee's and Outback Steakhouse within walking distance.

It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel again! Maybe someday I'll make it back to Denver and stay there on purpose rather than staying there due to getting bumped! If you get bumped and stay here, you won't be mistreated! If your on vacation or a business traveler, this hotel does a nice job. Kudos on a job well done, keep it up!

Room Tip: Both of my stays had a king size bed in the room and it was very comfortable.
1  Thank tystravelnut

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The rooms are more modern, clean and decent sized. The hotel is fairly large and seems to attract groups. The only issue we had is the parking. There is not enough parking if the hotel is full and they direct you to park in an overflow lot. They don't tell you this until you run into the problem of there being no parking spaces. It was frustrating to drive around the parking lot in the middle of the night. We did have room service one night and it was excellent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed May 17 for one night. Everyone was wonderful, even the desk clerk after claiming my key card was deactivated twice...well, turns out I was inserting it backwards, lol.

Airport is about a 15 mins drive, but hotel has free shuttle pick up/drop off every 30 mins and stops at other hotels in the area. Since I was here on a Sat the area was pretty quiet. There are several restaurants around here too. Hotel was clean, nice decor nothing elaborate, but tasteful. There is a restaurant "Fire and Spice" which was reasonably priced and food was delicious too. Starbucks coffee served, not the full service that we find in our neighborhoods, but quality was equal. The lobby area is very cozy, fireplace with plenty sofa seating. Small little store equipped with snacks, sundries, drinks and other items. For those of us not traveling with our electronics there are free computers and printers for any airline needed business and LCD board with Denver Airport arrival/departure information.

Now for the rooms..very nice, great beds, shower head is magnificent if you like those massage heads...OMG wish I had one at home! Single serv coffee brewers, 32 or 37 inch flat screen TV, icharger clock/radio,sitting area (King room), and travel toiletries. Very nice and accommodating room. I would gladly stay here again upon returning to Denver. In my personal opinion, I got a steal of a deal from priceline for this hotel. I was there to visit a friend, so not sure of the internet availability, but I notice they had wi-fi capabilities and ethernet/usb ports in the room.

Location is somewhat remote, and about 7 miles outside Downtown Denver, so transportation will be needed. Local bus service is available though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing freeway. It's the only side that has any kind of view since there are oth...
1  Thank JJDAY
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for just 1 night during a quick business trip. I am a Marriott Rewards general member.

Location: The hotel is located right where Pena Blvd and I-70 meet near the Denver International Airport. There are plenty of other hotels and restaurants in the vicinity. While it is an airport hotel, it's really about 10 miles from the airport. That's ok because the hotel offers a shuttle that runs back and forth all day. The area felt pretty safe and it was generally quiet.

Check-In: I arrived on a Wednesday morning well before check-in time, but was able to secure a room. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful in explaining all of the features and amenities of the hotel. It's unfortunate I forgot his name, but he truly did a great job.

Property/Room: The property is in great condition and the lobby was pretty clean and modern looking. I booked a standard King bed room and received the same. It seemed pretty simple in design, slightly on the small side, but sufficient for an overnight stay. The room furnishings were still in good condition and appeared to have been last renovated 3-5 years ago. The bed was comfortable, plush yet firm. The bathroom was a little tight on space, but it was fine for just myself. I was placed in a room with an obstructed view of the center of the building, which was both good and bad. Good because it was quiet. Bad because all I could see was the side of another building.

Amenities: Since I was only here for an overnight stay, I didn't get a chance to look at all of the amenities of the hotel. I noticed that parking was free and the Wi-Fi Internet was free as well. This was nice, but pretty unusual for a standard Marriott.

Service: Aside from the great front desk staff, I only had contact with the events staff. They did a good job setting up the breakfast/lunch for the meeting I was attending and clearing out any used items.

Overall the hotel was a perfect stay for business. It was quite comfortable and the meeting logistics were handled well. I would certainly consider this property again if I am ever in the Denver Airport area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The property was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was great. One of the best omelets I've had.The suite was super.
There bar was fully staffed and very nice.
Very good restaurants near by.
Highways are close by for easy access to the mountains, downtown Denver, or wherever you need to go.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

AWESOME! Kara at the front desk, housekeeping, pool attendant, literally ALL of the jobs of the hotel that night was AMAZING!!!!! It was hard to believe that she was alone, working on a Saturday but she did it with what seemed effortlessly and with a SMILE! The pool and hot tub were nice. An outdoor basketball court with balls provided was a nice surprise. Breakfast was the BEST we've ever had at any hotel. GREAT!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a stopover flight on 5/9/14. The hotel is awesome and the staff ROCKS!! Bobby L was the front desk staff that checked us in and made sure we had all that we needed! He was fantastic! And the shuttle drivers were on time, courteous, and helpful! We loved the stay! Pool and jacuzzi were much needed after the flight.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms way away from the elevators
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Aloft Denver International Airport

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!