“Nice end to trip”

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night before heading to the airport. Staff are friendly and helpful, airport shuttle is prompt and reliable, but terminal is still over 20' away. Rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. Good place to stay and is very close to the wonderful Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert R

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Now this hotel says "airport" but it's at least 15 minutes away. I'm not sure if I read the signs right but the airport property ended about .5 miles from the hotel which must make the Denver Airport the largest in the country...took forever.

Now the hotel overall is a good business travelers hotel and would be good for a conference if you wanted convienience and some decent restaurants in the area. The room was clean and everything that you expect from a good Marriott hotel. I didn't get a chance to walk around much while there or explore since I was there for only one day but the area does seem good. My company paid for it and the price was over $200...there are many hotels in the area, so my guess is you can do much better on price at any of the other local places.

Another good Marriott stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First let me say... no in-room refrigerator, no in-room microwave, no laundry facility, expensive send out laundry service, no complimentary breakfast is top n and expensive in house restaurant... Now, nice size for standard rooms, climate control is top notch, entire facility is beautifully decorated and cared for (inside and out) and the staff is phenomenal! Particularly two individuals in the restaurant, the omelet chef (Ebony) and a server (Barbara). It was actually Barbara's 1st day on the job when she took care of me. I was very impressed with both of these women!

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room as the odd numbers have no view of the mountains. Odd numbers also have...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MickDM65
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Travel to a lot of Marriott properties.No kidding, the front desk guys turned what had been a tough day into a great evening in Denver before heading into the mountains. We were treated like queens, had a well-priced and tasty lunch/dinner and were back to normal in no time. Real kudos to the staff for recognizing that I had my hands full-and took over in a great way. Great job, guys!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

From the time we arrived in the Marriott Gateway foyer late one evening to the time of our departure late the next morning, we were respected, pampered and re-energised after a 24 hour marathon of noise, delays, and general discomfort seemingly integral to airports and airplanes.
The free airport shuttle, the superb bistro, the comfortable bed, the immaculate amenities, and the super responsive staff were all bonuses that exceeded our expectation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. Never wrote a review for the first time, but I can say my experience this time is much like the first. So the quality of my experiences here are consistent.

Like the last time, I got bumped off (voluntarily) from an oversold flight and United Airlines put me up here for the night. I was most pleased when I found out I was staying here again! I phoned the hotel and the guy on the phone gave me clear directions on where to go to pick up the shuttle and when to expect it. The drivers of the shuttle both coming and going were really nice and helped me with my carry on bag. Going, the driver (can't recall his name, but it begins with the letter "Y" and he drove me to the hotel on the evening of May 26th) was very friendly and good to everyone on the van. He gave out water bottles to those who wanted them and was careful with everyone's bag's. Best yet, he assured me they recycle the water bottles! The next morning on May 27th, the driver to the airport, Mohammed, was equally nice and did his job well.

The check in staff were great! I wish I would remember the names of people there better! The guy who checked me in was friendly as well and we even cracked jokes as he got me set up! Knowing I was bumped off a flight, he asked me if I had a toothbrush and toothpaste. I didn't as it was in my checked bag, at the time en route to my final destination. He said "No problem, hang on a sec" and returned with a toothbrush and small toothpaste packet for me! Nice that it saved me some trouble!

The room was top notch! Not a thing wrong with it! It was clean and very well kept. The halls between the rooms are very nicely decorated and clean as well. A nice business desk inside had everything I needed and the WiFi worked fine.

I ate at the restaurant, "Fire and Spice" I think it was called. The service was great and fast. My waiter on the evening of the 26th of May was chatty and even talked about having been in my hometown. The food itself was great! Beware though, the portion size was a lot larger than I thought it would be. It was a little pricy however, not the most expensive I've seen for a hotel, but still a tad pricy. On the other hand, I had an airline voucher that paid for it.

The neighborhood around the hotel, Gateway Park, is very safe and well-kept. A 7-11 convenience store is a couple blocks away if you need something there. In addition, you have many other restaurants such as an Applebee's and Outback Steakhouse within walking distance.

It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel again! Maybe someday I'll make it back to Denver and stay there on purpose rather than staying there due to getting bumped! If you get bumped and stay here, you won't be mistreated! If your on vacation or a business traveler, this hotel does a nice job. Kudos on a job well done, keep it up!

Room Tip: Both of my stays had a king size bed in the room and it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tystravelnut
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The rooms are more modern, clean and decent sized. The hotel is fairly large and seems to attract groups. The only issue we had is the parking. There is not enough parking if the hotel is full and they direct you to park in an overflow lot. They don't tell you this until you run into the problem of there being no parking spaces. It was frustrating to drive around the parking lot in the middle of the night. We did have room service one night and it was excellent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Aloft Denver International Airport

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!