“Delicious Hotel Lobby Water”

Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was in Denver with friends to just hang out. We decided to just get a hotel near the airport. The hotel is actually in between the airport and downtown Denver. It worked out perfect for us. We had a very early flight and of course arrived at the hotel early. We had a very short wait and we were in our room--Very accommodating. While waiting in the lobby, they have the most refreshing water made with fresh fruits and vegetables everyday of our stay! This was really a nice touch for me. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel lobby staff were always nice and warm. Constantly asking if anything was needed or are you enjoying your stay. We had a great time in Denver and the Marriott helped to secure our great time. I would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor. No issues at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryder12
There are newer reviews for Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travel weekly for work and always stay at a Marriott property. I can say that this location is not only very clean and well maintained but the staff will make your stay. Everyone is very friendly and professional and understand how to go the extra mile. The rooms are nice and it is a great location close to the airport without all the noise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

It was a pleasure hosting you as our guest and we really appreciate the feedback. We are delighted to hear that everything with your stay went well. You are a valued guest and everything we do is aimed at providing you with a memorable experience. I’m happy we were able to execute your service needs and I hope we are able to host you again the future. If there is anything more you might need we are your service. Come back and see us soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was by far one of the best hotel stays that I have stayed in. I can't really think of anything negative to say. We were upgraded to a Suite for only an additional $25. The room was beautiful! The bed was plush and so very comfortable. The shower and bathroom was very clean and had nice water pressure (trust me this is important). They also allowed us to extend our check out by 1 1/2 hours due to our late depature. The staff and surroundings made me feel very VIP (after staying at 2 other hotels during our trip that were not so up to par, this was truly a delight). The pool and hot tub area was clean and inviting. I really didn't want to leave but during our last day there was a possible monsoon expected so that wasn't an option :-). Besides coffee and few refreshments, we can't say much about the restaurant since we didn't eat there. The food choices did look interesting. I would stay here again!!

Also, there were some negative reviews on here talking about the shuttles, check in and distance from the airport. The airport is so big that they can't have hotels that close. The shuttle ran until 1 or 2 AM. This shuttle also services all the other hotels in this area which means it is not the hotel's fault if they are not operating at a certain time. Also, when checking in, most people should know you need a credit card and ID to prove it is you otherwise anyone could check you in. That is not the hotels fault if you are not happy about a policy that all other hotels impliment.

I felt the need to interject because this hotel had that much of a positive impact on my trip!!

Room Tip: Choose the Suite if you have the option to upgrade for reasonable $.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gamgirl31
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When I was traveling through Denver via DIA, I had stopped at this surprisingly trendy hotel. The rates were fair and customer service was great. I was warmly greeted by Jason. He had explained to me the rates, amenities, and the local area. Despite the large amount of rowdy kids in the lobby Jason helped the experience be a bit smoother. I was put on the 6th floor, and the smell was foul. When I called down Jason immediately offered to move me rooms. He got me in a nicer room for me and my traveling companion. The restaurant staff was pleasant and my server did a great job. I would recommend this place as a stay near the airport. It is a bit of a ways out, but there isn't a hotel actually at the airport.

I would definitely come back to this hotel. It made coming to Colorado a little more pleasant.

Room Tip: Do not get placed on the 6th floor, they are doing construction.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Imagine my astonishment when I arrived (3 hours late) at the Denver airport only to learn that the last hotel-operated shuttle left over an hour ago, and found myself having to take what turned out to be a $40 cab to this mediocre property in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was attending a conference, and my ground transportation costs were reimbursed, but if I had had to fork over $40 of my own money to stay in this very average place, I would have been irritated. I recently posted a review of another hotel whose names suggested it was in a far more desirable location that it actually was, so I suppose my overall advicd here is ALWAYS consult a map before making the reservation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nick S, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying with us. We are about 9 miles from the airport and offer a shuttle every thirty minutes on the top and bottom of the hour. I apologize that our staff did not inform you that our last shuttle is at 1am and we have drivers on call between 1am and 3:30am. We will be sure to address this with our staff and if there is any other way we can be of service please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

For an airport hotel, this was very quiet and had an excellent restaurant. The restaurant has Mexican food and we chose 5 of their 'small plates', all of which were very good. You don't expect good food in an airport hotel and this was a very pleasant surprise. We read the reviews on trip advisor first and agree with the good ratings given.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I eat here every week and the service is always great. Sammy has my oj and coffee ready before I sit down. In addition, Ebony makes a wonderful omelet and the other chef is very friendly. The selection is always good and the items rarely seem to repeat on the buffet.

Stayed: July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Aloft Denver International Airport

Been to Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park? Share your experiences!