“This is the worse”

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Pueblo, Colorado
“This is the worse”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Find another place to stay if your in this area!!!! I Booked a room for thanksgiving,and found this to be most unacceptable hotel I have ever been in. WiFi wasn't working and when i ask if there was a problem I was told there was not, but never was able to reconnect, It took 30 minutes for the water to get hot enough to shower . The lobby was being remodeled and was dirty, dusty and pieces of sheet rock every where, even on the second floor where there was no apparent renovations going on.
The room was OK, although the bed was not the quality that was usual in a HIEx.. .Just as i was falling asleep for a nap a jack hammer started on the ground floor, ... we were on the second and it was very loud, so loud that the attendant couldn't hear on the phone when we called to inquire when this would stop. She was not apologetic, but instead was rude and just said 'fine' when told we would be leaving. With in five minutes of this call, a maid walked into the room and had barely begun to gather our things. There was no concern for our situation, as we had to pack up and find another place to stay after being settled in. The lobby was so full of dust and so loud that I was unable to enter to as we were leaving.

Room Tip: Tip: find another place to stay,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Hotel was under renovations. Thought we were going to have noise and all the craziness with all of the construction going on, but, the General Manager, Jackie, and her staff really helped make it easy. Can't wait to come back and see all of the finishing touches. Great location and friendly helpful staff. The gal during the day, Brandy, and the guy at night, Josh, were very helpful. Good people to have on their staff. Will continue to stay at this Holiday Inn Express in the future.

Room Tip: I believe we were on the upper floor facing towards the north. I imagine how the hotel is facing tha...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Other than the carpet, the room was thoughtfully laid out with extra table space for computers and books. I did need to get a hard wire to get my computer going, but the front desk had a few to spare to lend me. They also had a password, very nice, as many hotels do not which makes internet access much slower from those outside the hotel who take advantage.

The front desk clerks were friendly and informative and seemed to understand coming off the dusty trail and in need of sustenance. The breakfast the next day was fresh and the tables clean.
While we did not need a meeting room, the first floor sported a large area and many smaller rooms. Not bad for children either, I believe there was a play area?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Few seconds from freeway yet quaet, this hotel offers full access to Bally's fitness center.
There are clusters of restaurant here and there.
It is typical HI and you get what you pay for as far as room and breakfast.
I like it because it was continent and relatively clean....

• Stayed September 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I kind of expected more from a Holiday Inn Express. Here are my concerns:

+ The bathroom had no A/C vent and was steamy.

+ My wife is in a wheelchair and she barely got around the bed.

+The A/C was a bit noisy and hard to adjust the temperature.

+The hotel did not have a selection of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear KansasBob,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as part of our trip to Mexico. The location is close to his brother, who took us to DIA the following day. That said, I wouldn't have picked this location for any other reason as I did hear some road noise from passing trucks on the interstate.

When we arrived our key cards did not work, but we returned to the front desk and requested a room away from the elevator, and they were happy to move us. Only one of the key cards to this room worked, but it was enough to get us through the night.

The room was a little dated and had some spots that could use a good scrubbing, but the bed was clean and comfortable, and the room temperature was great. The only issue we had with the AC unit was keeping it on all night. (My husband and I sleep with some type of white noise, so the AC unit shutting off and on all night continuously woke me.)

The bathroom didn't have a fan, which bothered me when showering, and the water temperature in the shower kept changing, so it was hard to maintain a comfortable temperature. I did like that they provided Bath and Body Works toiletries, and for tired make-up wearing travelers, the make-up remover wipe was a nice bonus.

Overall, was this my most relaxing hotel stay? No. Was it clean, did I feel safe, and did it suffice for one night? Absolutely.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear PandoraStar89,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. It was very rewarding to hear that our convenient hotel suited your needs. However, I apologize for the issues you encountered with the key cards, loud air conditioning unit and bathroom facility. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Zelyn N
Draper, Utah
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Old, dirty, worn out. But the staff was nice. They made cookies especially for me. Good wifi connection. East access to freeway. It is a bit of a drive for gas and food. Good price. Bedding was good. I did not try thy breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dunn45
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Aurora - Medical Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Dunn45,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is nice to know that you found the staff to be nice. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with our property's conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.