“Excellent amenities, great for solo, couples or business travelers”

Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Aurora
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Excellent amenities, great for solo, couples or business travelers”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I was so impressed by what Choice Hotels has done to gain their share in the market for business traveler/suite style rooms.

Every single time I was in or out of the lobby, I was greeted by the staff. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I find this to be most impressive for a hotel at this price point. The employees all exude a certain professionalism that should be appreciated.

This hotel is a 20-minute complimentary shuttle ride from the Denver Airport.
The shuttle driver told us about appetizer specials at the restaurants in the area (all of which are walkable, even in the winter) and also told us some of his favorite places to go.

We ate at a few different places over our 4 days in Denver, and we also went out for drinks, all within walking distance of the hotel.

The room was big enough for us two (business travelers sharing a room) and was especially enjoyable with the divided living room and bedroom. The room was equipped with an auto-drip coffee maker, coffees and tea. It also had a mini-fridge and microwave. Also, the room has two televisions with separate remotes, so if we wanted to watch different programs, it was totally possible!

A/C was working at full arctic blast level (we ran it at 67 degrees the whole stay!).
Bathroom was very nice. Shower even had a small seat-like area in the back to set toiletries on or possibly even to sit down while showering/bathing. Soaps and shampoos are all Bath & Body Works (high quality).

The decor in this hotel is modern and classy.

There was adequate closet space, a shoe rack/bench combo, and a large picture window. We were lucky enough to be facing west and could see the Rocky Mountains from our room.

I used the swimming pool, which was big enough for about 3 adults, and the spa, which could also accommodate 3 adults. Highlights: access to outdoor patio from the pool area, chaise lounges in the pool area, and adequate large fresh towels for guests to wrap up after using the pool.

The gym is huge compared to any hotel I have been to. 10-15 people could work out in there at any given time. Highlights: Up to date equipment, a TV, adequate fresh towels.

The breakfast area was clean and well-engineered. Being business travelers, we expected to pay for our breakfast, and $9.95 seemed more than reasonable for an all-you -can-eat breakfast buffet. The only issue we had was actually stepping up to pay for the breakfast. When the register got busy, a line formed and caused some delays. Recommendation: Pay the server when she brings your tab to the table, or wait for a moment when the register is not busy to pay. The breakfast area had an outdoor patio adjacent to the dining area. The lobby is enormous and has enough room for several groups to chill out, if needed.

The room was clean and quiet.
Excellent value for the price paid.

Only downsides:
-Low water pressure in shower
-Small pool
-Lots of flight crews, who appeared to be taking precedence over other guests in terms of the staff's customer service

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Mountains for a great view to wake up to, or to wrap up a day of business.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank daveengel1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hoquiam
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a Senior Softball tournament and were impressed. Breakfast each day incredible with lots of choices. When we arrived we met other teams who were just leaving and they commented to us that we would love it there. Our view of the sunset on the Rockys each night was the best. They had a shuttle to the ballpark each day for all teams and were always on time. Great restaurants within walking distance and a short drive to downtown Denver.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor with an incredible view of the Rocky Mountains
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Helmond, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The rooms here are brilliant: spacious, good beds (1.6m by 2m), very nice bathroom!
Breakfast is not included and costs 9$pp for the buffet, which is of good quality.
This is not exactly close to the airport, but there are plenty of places to eat around and it was a most comfy stay for the last two days of our holidays!
The pool is extremely tiny though (3m by 4m??), so don't really count on that.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is a very nice and NEW hotel by the Denver Airport....We parked our car there for two weeks for a one night stay.....Well worth the $$$$......Happy Hour and Nice new rooms...I highly recommend!

Shuttle service was on time and we didn't wait very long upon arrival back into Denver.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Anything but a cookie cutter hotel. I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference a Buckley AFB. The lobby is modern-looking, with a bar, small lounge/eating area and three other spaces for watching TV, reading or computer use. There are 4 computers for guests in the living room area (fast, flat screen). The entire hotel has wireless for free. The rooms are large, divided into living area with its own sofa and flat screen TV, desk with 4 electrical outlets, hookups for HDMI, ethernet and other types of cables I didn't recognize. You can hook up your laptop to the large flat screen in this area if you need to - all you would need would be the cable from your laptop to the HDMI outlet and you would be set. In the next part of the room on the other side of a divider are the bed, chest, closet and another flat screen TV. The bathroom had very up to date tile floor and shower area (spotless), upscale sink that I thought was too high for me (it sits on top of the surface of the counter and is not recessed as most sinks are). Very striking look but for the shorter person, perhaps a little high (I am 5'3"). Real coffee pot (4 cup capacity) and hair dryer. Thick white towels. Microwave and fridge that can accommodate drinks in the door and several days of food. All the appliances are unobtrusive and placed into wooden shelving that doesn't let the appliances get in the way. Someone thought that out. Bed was king-size and very comfortable but the pillows were too soft for me. I did not like the heater/cooler unit as it created a cool zone in one part of the bedroom that I found uncomfortably cold and I turned the temp up but the fan kept me awake. Ultimately I turned the whole unit off but the room got a little warm. Not that bad. The "fitness center" was not. There was a treadmill, two ellipticals, some exercise balls and a bench. Towels provided. TVs. A very pleasant, large space that with a little work and a few additions of equipment could be a fitness center but to my this was an "exercise room." Not everyone cares about that and most of my fellow conference attendees were just fine with it but I chose to go to the Air Force Base for a workout. Buckley is about 15 minutes away and it's an easy drive. Breakfast was more than I expected: cereals (hot and cold), eggs (scrambled, with or without vegetables), pancakes, Belgian waffles, yogurt, fruit and juices/coffee. Oh and bacon or sausage, not both every morning but there was always a breakfast meat. Bagels and English muffins. I don't know what else you would want. Free wine and well drinks from 1730 to 1900 (5:30 PM to 7:30 PM) every night. I liked hanging out downstairs in the bar area, it was informal and comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant always. I just don't know what else I would want except a better exercise room but I can definitely see myself staying here whenever I travel to this part of Colorado. This hotel seemed to have a number of repeat customers staying there. I plan to be one of them.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was stuck at DIA due to a missed connection and ended up going to the Cambria Suites (though I thought it was north of DIA, not in Aurora). The hotel is clean, smartly appointed, and has reliable transportation to the airport. Oddly, though, the snack bar is in the lobby. Why would anyone want to head down to the lobby to purchase something marked up 100%? I know why the chain does it but I can't imagine why a guest would go along with the idea.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Temple, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel. We choose it because of the airport shuttle. My husbands plane was to land at 11:40pm, and although he confirmed twice that day that the shuttle would pick him up, they apparantly forgot and sent the driver home early. He ended up taking a taxi to the hotel, they did pay for the taxi but it was an exepected hassle at the end of a very long day. The room and lobby were clean, Chelsie at the front desk was friendly, professional and very welcoming. The young man working the bar was also very friendly, as my daughter just wanted a little snack.
The room itself is nice, but a did not function efficiently. There were no outlets near the bed to charge my phone. Several were in the desk area, but across the room. I am "on call" 24/7 and like to keep my phone within reach. I would like to see the option of plastic cups available as I do not see a proper system for washing glass and ceramic ware. I do not believe they are taken downstairs to wash and sanitize between guests. If they were, I would imagine that the housekeeping carts would have a stock of clean on their carts, or a place to put the dirties when they took them down. Just a personal preference, as most of the ceramic cups in our room had visible stains and the glasses has fingerprints.
Beds were very comfortable, except for the pull out sofa- it was horrible. The comforters were too heavy, not too warm, but the weight of them was uncomfortable.
Breakfast was overpriced and not very good. We ended up driving through McDonalds. '
We did not use pool or fitness centers.Overall very average stay, but will stay again if the shuttle is running.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!