Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just returned from an overnight at Cambria and could not be happier. This place is so clean and fresh smelling. I felt as if we were the 1st customers to ever stay here. The front desk was helpful and friendly. Because it was minus 5 outside we stayed in and ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs and what a pleasant surprise. Priced right and good food. In the morning we took the shuttle to DIA which was nice and easy. Dave the driver was excellent. Will be coming back next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tjg986
There are newer reviews for Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel had a few things going for it but ultimately I could not sleep well due to the noise and uncomfortable beds. At the very least, a hotel should provide that.

I was so glad the window in the bedroom opened as I love fresh air while sleeping. Sadly, it was like opening a window adjacent to a freeway. It was so loud that eventually my desire for fresh air was overcome by my desire for sleep. Alas! The beds were uncomfortable and sheets starchy and scratchy. Even with the window closed I could still hear the noise and worse yet, it was windy and the window frame was squeaking. I just resigned to rise at 4am. Also, the room was clean but not immaculate.

Also, we could hear the people in the room above us -- that too was extremely loud and we are not sensitive to noise. The acoustics were just not very good, walls or ceilings!

Those are the negatives. There were also some positives: the staff was very friendly. Organic teas are complimentary in the lobby, and when a toothbrush was forgotten, the front desk offered up a new wrapped one which was also complimentary. The two bedroom suite is perfect for families and features two king beds (no pull out sofa!).

Overall, they are trying but when I can't sleep well I can't give three stars. Sorry Cambria Suites.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I wanted to give this hotel and suites a 5 but I felt a 4 on this visit.
Upon arrival the van was there on time to pick us up.
I had never stayed here before so I didn't know what to expect. The van driver gave us all the information about what the hotel offered.
The area looked to be pretty neat with food options if you so desire.
The lobby was cute and quaint.
There are computers in the lobby and free wifi throughout the hotel.
We checked in and got out room keys. The 6 of us got on the elevator. The door closed and we press our desired floors. The elevator started to make a loud buzz sound. Now we are trapped inside. We decided to push the alarm to let them know we were inside. All we got was a recording saying to leave a message.
Finally someone on the other side had pressed the call button trying to get on the elevator. The door opened and we all ran out. One of the girls from our group took the stairs to the second floor.
We decided to try the other elevator which worked just fine.
The room was extremely larger to my surprise.
There's a living room with a mounted flat screen tv. Sofa, chair, min frig and microwave. Spacious bathroom with lots of towels.
I'm very impressed with this hotel minus the elevator incident.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Tyler B, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Cambria Suites Denver Airport. We love to hear from our guests. The buzzing noise that you heard is a safety feature that goes off after the door is held open three consecutive times to make sure that no one is stuck. In this case it sounds like it was more of nuisance then a help. I am sorry for any trouble that this may have caused you. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

In early October, I had booked this hotel, sight unseen, through an on-line discount booking service. My main considerations in booking were that I needed an airport hotel with a shuttle service to DIA, as I was taking an international trip the following day. I needed the shuttle service for an early morning departure.

What I received during my stay, was that and a whole lot more. I stayed on the sixth floor in a quiet room with a view of the mountains. The hotel room was clean, modern and exceedingly comfortable with an eye towards the needs and comforts of a business traveler. The bathroom was nicely appointed and had Bath and Body Works products--a nice touch. I paid about $10.00 for the buffet breakfast which I thought was pricey but worth the convenience. The breakfast price included eggs made to order, in addition to the buffet. There is also an evening happy hour with free drinks, a small indoor pool and fitness area.

What really made this place special was the outstanding staff. They went over and above expectations in addressing my needs. The hotel shuttle driver, Gary, was prompt in his service and delightful to talk with on the short ride to the hotel. At the front desk I was helped by a petite lady with long blonde hair (sorry, I don't remember her name!) who was quick to answer my questions and make knowledgeable suggestions of nearby restaurants. Also, when I noticed my watch was not working, the front desk even arranged for the shuttle driver to bring me to a nearby big box store so I could buy an inexpensive replacement before leaving the country. Now that is something special!

Perhaps the greatest compliment that I can give this hotel is to say that, upon check-out, I actually booked a room for my return to Denver three weeks hence. Once again, Gary was there to pick me up upon my arrival at the airport, and I knew I was in good hands once I arrived at Cambria Suites. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Request high floor with mountain view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I will make sure that Gary hears that you loved his service. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I booked this for Friday night for an arrival at Denver Airport. Glad I did, the weekend rates made this a really great deal for a very spacious and luxurious room with separate sleeping area on the top floor. The TV had a great interface for different Electronics and I liked the wired internet. Beautiful Decor. The area had several restaurant choices you could walk to. Breakfast was not included but the $9.95 buffet was way, way better than what you get in other Hotels. They cater to the business traveler and this would be a great hotel for the business Traveler.

Room Tip: If you can a book a weekend day the deals are great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiance. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline. Very nice, clean and large rooms. Comfortable beds, quiet rooms. Big bathrooms separate sitting area with second TV, desk and sofa and comfy chairs. We did not use the shuttle but did see others arrive from airport. Bar area nice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

For a chain hotel, near the airport, I wasn't expecting much. The reviews were good but you never know. Turned out to be very clean, the staff very friendly and the room very comfy. Not bad at all. The front desk was very accommodating when the two computers in the business center wouldn't print by boarding pass and the staff at the restaurant was gracious when I asked to change a breakfast item.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We love to suprise people! We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport

Been to Cambria hotel & suites Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!