“A rare 5/5 hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newburgh, Indiana
“A rare 5/5 hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent one night at this hotel on a cross-country trip. It is located convenient to I-70 and directly across the street from a children's hospital. Our check-in was fast and the man working the front desk was pleasant and very polite. Our room (210) was spacious and scrupulously clean - the bathroom was spotless! The bathroom arrangement is a little strange - one room has a toilet and tiny corner sink, then another room has a large sink and a tub/shower. My only complaint about the room itself is that neither 'bathroom' had locks on the doors.

The pool is quite small (capacity=11 people) but was clean and warm, with plenty of towels nearby. The common areas we observed were all clean and updated.

We were very tired of being in the car, so we chose to walk over to Panera (about a 90 second walk if you just cut through the bank parking lot next door) for dinner, which was very good. We mentioned at the front desk we'd be checking out around 4:45 a.m. the following day and we were told we could just ask for some breakfast items to go, as breakfast didn't start until 7 a.m.

The following morning as we were packing out suitcases up, my husband called down to the front desk to ask again if we could get some breakfast stuff on our way out. Apparently he woke the person up, because she was rude and grumpy and said she wouldn't give us any food. We were a little irritated by this. (Ok, I was a lot irritated, he was a little irritated.) We packed up our vehicle and he went back inside to turn in our keys. I guess by that point the woman he'd spoken to had woken up a little more and was willing to be more pleasant, because she ended up giving him bananas, strawberries, yogurts, muffins, and cartons of milk. It was a huge amount of food! So I can't even complain about that really (I am grumpy when someone wakes me up too).

Overall I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Denver area or even just passing through as we were.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Hi Heather H.

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment on your recent stay with us. Overall, I am pleased you gave us such a nice review. I am concerned about the interaction you had in the early morning with one of our team members. I will review this situation with her to find out what happened but please accept my sincerest apology for this issue. Ultimately I am happy you did get the early morning snack and you had a nice stay, but I take this feedback very seriously and will continue to strive for excellence. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Brad Leonard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Right across the street from University of Colorado Hospital's Anschutz campus with free shuttle service at bottom of the hour. Easy access to DEN Airport and freeways. Comfortable rooms with a good work desk, a spacious sofa for relaxing, and effective temp control in summer and winter. The free morning breakfast is good, Panera Bread is one block away for dining out, and the fridge and microwave are convenient for in-room light meals.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms I've stayed in have the same spacious layout: sitting area with sofa, coffee table...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hello SoggySister,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to provide feedback on your stay with us. I am happy that we were able to suit your needs on your recent trip. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my 2nd time staying here and I felt I had to write a review. The rooms themselves are amazing. A king size bed that is more comfortable than my one at home and a walk in shower that I could easily perform calisthenics in are my favorite features. The location is very nice as well. There are many restaurants/bars within a 5-10 minute jaunt and if you're wanting to travel a bit further, there is complimentary SUV that will drop you off and pick you up. The above reasons are pleasant enough, but the reason I had to write this review was the service! The young lady's at the front desk, Ashley and Maggie, were a HUGE help. Whether I was looking for a hidden Denver gem off the beaten path for lunch, an extravagant dinner, or some local nightlife, these girls had it covered!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello Jesse C,

Well, as much I would love to take credit for your wonderful stay, I will defer this one to the SpringHill Suites Downtown Denver. The associates you referenced are associates at that hotel. On behalf of our Marriott friends downtown, thank you for the wonderful comments on Ashley and Maggie. I have contacted the hotel regarding this mix-up and they had already been made aware of the situation. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a great day!

Brad Leonard
General Manager- SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus(TM)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights during a meeting at the Medical Center located right across the street. The room was very clean and had a nice modern layout. The staff was friendly and the price was very reasonable. The rooms are a bit noisy as you can pick up sounds from other rooms and hear people walking above you. In addition, the glass panels on the desk made sounds every time someone walked by them. But overall it was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear people walking around above you, request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi Mike N,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased you found our staff and our hotel suitable for your needs. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Santa Barbara, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice for conferences at the nearby Anschutz Center, and the service was excellent both times. The rooms were very clean and I would definitely stay there again. We had to leave before they were open for breakfast, so they opened up early for us.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Hi AlexandraFunFit,

Thank you for taking some time to comment on your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and the SpringHill Suites. We hope to see you again soon.

Eastlake, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Spent a long weekend here while visiting our son in Denver. Very convenient to the airport. The room was very clean, the furnishings quite stylish, and the price reasonable. Included daily breakfast. Front desk personnel were very professional and friendly! I imagine the proximity to the Children's Hospital is a plus for weary parents.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brad L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Hello Arlene S,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay with us. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your business and have a nice day!

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

From the seven year old waiting for his heart surgery walks into the beautiful room and says, "this is the best day of my entire life!!!". The small touches in this hotel have made this stressful situation just that much better.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello jaadeee,

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am pleased we played a small part in bringing a smile to your brave little guy's face. Thanks again and have a nice day!

Brad Leonard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Woolley's Classic Suites - Denver Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gateway Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Denver Aurora
Hyatt Place Denver Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver/Airport-Gateway Park
WoodSpring Suites Aurora Denver Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver at Anschutz Medical Campus? Share your experiences!